Eglinton Carpets & Rugs

2700 Dufferin St, Unit 21 Toronto ON M6B
HomeStars  >  Carpet & Rug Retailers in York  >  Eglinton Carpets & Rugs

Reviews for Eglinton Carpets & Rugs

Get What You Pay For

I ordered an area rug and an entranceway rug from Eglinton Carpets. Was given a delivery window of three hours and nobody showed up; so I called an hour after the end of the delivery window and was told the guy who does the carpet binding wasn’t in so it wasn’t gonna happen. That’s fine; it would have just been nice to know about it so I didn’t sit around for three hours.

Was then told I’d have the carpet the next day and they would give me an hour’s notice of the delivery. I called half way through the day to verify the delivery would still take place and the man on the phone was incredibly condescending; “I told you I would call when we are an hour away”. Cool.. but they ended up never calling and delivery didn’t happen that day either. Another day wasted waiting around for their call.

Another callback and they promised it would happen on day three. Someone actually showed up on day three! They needed to make some adjustments to the entranceway rug (we initially approached them with exact measurements and were talked into having them come by to measure "professionally" to make sure nothing was done wrong) and return to our home after binding the adjustments. Was told the binding would take an hour and a half to two hours. So I left when they did to run an errand with the intention of being back in an hour.

Was surprisingly called back in a half hour saying they wanted to return early with the finished rug. I explained I was given an estimate of 1.5 - 2 hours and I'd be back in less than the 1.5 hour quoted time to meet them. After screwing me around for three days, the attitude they gave me for not being available at their whim yet STILL BEFORE THE TIME THEY QUOTED ME THEY WOULD RETURN was completely unacceptable.

Eglinton Carpets believes their time is more important than yours. Their customer service is condescending and abysmal. The end product is mediocre but as I said in the title, you get what you pay for I suppose.

Liang from Oakville
Liang from Oakville

carpet for basement

Recommended by our contractor in April, who does everything except floor.
We went to Mississauga store a few times to find a perfect carpet (also not too expensive) for our basement, and staffs there are very nice and helpful, not push at all. Very happy with the "new" carpet right now.
Will go again if need floor or carpet in the future.

Paul in Toronto
Paul in Toronto

Bedroom carpets and install

Mohinder is a great guy. I have used their company several times for new carpeting. My bedrooms look fantastic, and the installation was done perfectly. I have yet to see better prices in the city,and their selection is second to none. Don't waste your time at the big box stores, these guys specializa in carpets and know more about their products than the competitors. Rest assured and use this company with confidence.

Laura from Toronto-723
Laura from Toronto-723

New carpeting

Choose Eglinton Carpets for my stainmaster berber carpeting because of the price, but you definitely get what you pay for. Everyone in the showroom (tiny) was very nice, but they wrote down my order in a notebook and I had to go back three times to make sure they had written down everything right.

The installer arrived 2 hours late (timing was very important and I TOLD them so) and claimed he had no record that he had to remove the existing carpets, which was totally false. So I had to call the office again to sort it all out.

The installer was also completely nuts and I couldn't understand a word he said. He didn't bring his own garbage bags and made a mess everywhere, then left me with tons of fluff and underpad bits all over the carpeting which I had to vaccuum myself. Finally, he also scuffed up my freshly painted walls and claimed it wasn't him which is impossible because I had just finished painting before he arrived! The carpets, I admit, look great though.

My advice... find a chain store and pay a little extra for the better service!

Sal from Etobicoke
Sal from Etobicoke

9.8/10

Entire Floor Renovation

We got the entire house floor renovated, excellent job, and only took two days. Very cheap price, but the quality of the carpet is very good but could be better. If your looking for a cheap flooring renovation these are the people to go to.