Durham Insulation

SaminClarinton
SaminClarinton
3 reviews , ON

Insulation

We used Durham insulation to insulate our sun room (it was an addition to the house we purchased and it was never properly insulated). Durham insulation was to spray polyurethane spray foam on the floor and exterior walls and then come back later to blow loose cellulose insulation in the sun room attic.

They arrived as promised and did the spray foam insulation. They did not do a very good job on the spray foam insulation, my invoice states 5 inches on the floor and in some spots it is barely 3 inches, also they did not clean the floor joists or tape them as well as on the walls, so I had to clean it up so I could lay my sub-floor and drywall.

They told me they would come back the following Thursday to do the attic (Thursday at 8:30 am). I took the day off work and guess what, they did not show up. I called and spoke to Robert at 10:30 am and he said the guys would be there between 12 and 4:30 pm. No one showed up. At 4:30 pm I called Robert, and he did not answer my call and let it go to his voicemail. I left him a message. Robert then called back and said there was a mix up and the guys would be there on Friday. They showed up on Friday.

For the blown insulation, they did an ok job. Overall, not impressed.

Words of advice, if you use Durham Insulation, do not make the mistake we made by paying for the whole job up front. Only pay for what is done, you are not required to pay for the work upfront, by law you can hold back portion of the costs until the job is done. We have to say not impressed and we will not be recommending Durham Insulation nor will we ever use them again.

Aaron in Hampton
Aaron in Hampton
1 review Hampton, ON

Blown insulation attic

DO NOT USE!! - Did a BAD job insulating my attic. Called and spoke to Tom who I'm assuming is a owner. Said he'd come check it out and get back to me. Called multiple times and still hasnt come to look at it. Just blows you off and says he'll get back in touch. I will now have to get another company in here come fall to fix their work. Complete waste of money.

Jeff from Ajax
Jeff from Ajax
4 reviews Ajax, ON

Blown in insulation

Moved into a new home, built in the 1970s, during the home inspection I was told that the insulation was nearly non existant in many spots. Called around for quotes and Durham Insulation was by far the best value, over $1000 actually than one of the other companies I contacted.

Crew arrived on time and were professional. Quick and easy, would definitely use them again. I have family who has also used them and the sentiment are the same.

Craig in Whitby
Craig in Whitby
11 reviews Whitby, ON

Attic Insulation

The guys came in and sprayed additional insulation in my attic, also fixed the soffits around my house. I have saved quite a bit in heating costs with this upgrade! Great work.