Dupont Plumbing Supplies

2397 Eglington Ave W Toronto ON M6M 1S7

Reviews for Dupont Plumbing Supplies

Neil in Toronto
Neil in Toronto

Disappointed with less than stellar follow-up (warranty)

After spending more than $4K with them, I've been trying to get a shower diverter part for a couple of months. They initially ordered the wrong part when it was evident what the correct part was from the pic I sent them. I've emailed them 3 times for an update and nothing as they've gone radio silent. Not impressed!

Will be very reticent recommending this outfit.

Elena in Toronto
Elena in Toronto

Excellent service, excellent products

I had my bathroom renovated and Dupont were the perfect people to help with finding what I was looking for. They took their time and made suggestions without pushing. They carry only quality products so you know everything they have is going to be good.

I ended up with a Hansgrohe shower which to date is the best shower I`ve ever had, Riobel faucet for my bathroom sink, and ended replacing my kitchen taps as well and a powder-room sink - everything looks great, great prices and great service!

Elena

Paul of Toronto in Toronto
Paul of Toronto in Toronto

Bathroom, Kitchen and Basement Renos (17 years)

We've been a customer for 17 years now. It never ceases to amaze me at the quality of service, attention to detail and the patience that Dupont staff has extended us over the years, no matter how simple or complex the circumstances. Just yesterday , Steven and Frank pulled out all the stops to ensure we explored all the options for just a shower head and fittings -amazing. That's why we'll continue to come back time and again!!

Tiny powder room reno

Our tiny powder room presented some challenges. At Dupont Plumbing we found competent staff with excellent product knowledge & infinite patience with my endless questions. No problem also with a return that was needed.
Special "hats off" to Frank & Steven who go the extra mile.
Overall, excellent customer service.
A pleasure with which to do business.

Trevor Bowie  from Mississauga
Trevor Bowie from Mississauga

Kitchen Revnovation

I came in looking for some stuff to get for bathroom renovations. I have never heard of these guys before until I came across their very well done website. I was very pleased with the customer service and the pricing was within our budget or they made an effort to get it that way. I am going to tell my friends and family without a doubt.

Dale  in Etobicoke
Dale in Etobicoke

complete bathrrom renovation supplies

My wife and I decided to renovate out main and ensuite bathrooms. We were in need of a competent contractor and valued advice as to what we needed in the way of plumbing supplies. We had plans of installing a whirlpool tub, shower fixtures, doors and deck faucets and two toilets. We had previous dealings with Dupont Plumbing Supplies so we opted to return. We met with Frank and he spent a few hours with us assisting us with our selections. We advised Frank that we would be away from the home while the contractor installed all the fixtures so he arranged delivery of the items to our home prior to our departure. The items were delivered on time and brought into our home. We can not say enough about the service and advice given during our renovation project. We found Frank to be extremely knowledgeable about the various products on hand in the showroom and he freely offered his advice on products of value and other cost saving initiatives. Quite simply we are so happy that we returned to Frank and Dupont Plumbing. Our two bathrooms look wonderful and the products all perform as promised. All in all a great experience. Thanks Frank for your attention to detail making our renovation project a complete success.

A quick note to say thankyou so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with our staff and products. It is greatly appreciated that you went to the effort of posting your feedback. And, yes, Frank is truly an asset for Dupont.
warm regards, Brigitte. (owner)

Pascal from Toronto
Pascal from Toronto

Bathroom renovation

We decided to renovate our bathroom, and were looking for a variety of items. We shopped at different stores, and decided to go with Dupont Plumbing for several reasons. The staff was very knowledgeable, they had a wide range of products on display, and many more items from each brand that could be quickly ordered from the catalogues.

Stacy, our salesperson, was extremely professional and helpful, both before and after the sale. He gave us precise quotes, an looked up specifications for us to ensure the bathtub, toilet and sink we were considering would all fit in our bathroom. We had to exchange several items, and he promptly assisted us, with no hassle. As well, we ended up having to purchase our sink at another location, as we could not find something small enough to fit. He was an utmost professional, and did not try to pressure us into buying one of his company's products that would not fit our needs. To top it off, the prices were very competitive.

I would definitely go there again for future renovations, and would immediately recommend them to friends and family.

Thank you so much for your positive feedback; I will share it with Stacy and the rest of our team here Dupont Plumbing Supplies. Brigitte.

Jim from Toronto
Jim from Toronto

Bathroom renos

Dupont was recommended by a relative who had dealt with them before. We're happy we took the advice. The quote was very competitive (Kohler toilets, shower fixtures...) and the advice and service from Ash and warehouse staff excellent. It turned out that the distributor sent the wrong model of special order ('Thunder grey') toilet, which was not discovered until two months after receiving delivery and after installation. Dupont kindly helped arrange prompt delivery of a special order replacement and return of the incorrect model. Highly recommended.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your positive experiences with our team here at Dupont. We all appreciate it very much. Brigitte.

Allan in North york
Allan in North york
3 reviews North York, ON

Shower kit

I bought an Aquabrass shower kit at Dupont plumbing for my bathroom renovation. On the initial purchase, they gave me the ceiling mounted shower arm but I had requested the wall mount. I took the arm back for exchange. After I got home and opened the package, I realized they gave me the nickel finish wall mounted arm and not the chrome finish I want. I went back to exchange for the chrome finish, that time I opened the package in the store to make sure it was chrome. However, when I got home my contractor told me they had given me an arm with a male thread while I needed the female thread. Back to the store I went.

So it took me 4 trips to get what I should have gotten the first time. Each trip took about an hour and a half, so in total I wasted 4 and half hours of my own time. What is more aggravating is that they never acknowledged it was their mistake. Each time they came up with a lame excuse such as "I don't know what happened", "your plumber put up the wrong fitting" or "most shower arms are male thread". This is in spite of me showing them the bill of sale each time and telling them it is for an Aquabrass kit in chrome.

Because of this experience I would not recommend Dupont plumbing.

December 7th response:

I am not surprised by Dupont’s response. In fact, it only reaffirms my original poor opinion of their customer service.

The AquaBrass shower kit on display in the showroom is wall mounted. When I told the salesperson that I wanted that kit, doesn’t that imply it is the wall mounted that I wanted. At the least, if he was going to give me something different from the display, shouldn’t he have verified that is what I need? Dupont in its response says all shower kits come standard with a ceiling arm. How is an average Joe consumer like me supposed to know that? From all the photos I have seen in planning my bathroom renovation wall mounted showers are much more common than ceiling mounts.

Dupont said in its response that the nickel finished arm they gave me on my 2nd visit was due to a manufacturer’s error. There is no way for me to verify if that is true or not. I have examined the box the arm came in and nowhere on box was the finish indicated.
Dupont said that on my 3rd visit since I took the arm out of the box I should have known I was given the wrong thread. I took the arm out to verify that it was the correct finish, but again not being a plumber how was I suppose to know it is the female thread I needed. If the industry standard is male thread, then how come they were able to give me the correct female fitting the first two times but not the third? Shouldn’t the Dupont staff, supposedly expert in the business, know what fitting that a major manufacturer like Aquabrass uses?

Dupont said that the trip from my home should only be 25 minutes and not 1.5 hours. What they conveniently forget is that the 25 minutes is for a one way trip, in average traffic. Anyone who has been in the area knows that there are major constructions on Eglinton. When you factor in the two way trip, traffic delays, and time spent in the store it is 1.5 hours “down the drain” each time.

Dupont’s response just confirmed my initial impression. Their staff is careless and dismissive. I will let the readers make their own judgement based on what happened.

Dear Mr. Yee:
All shower "kits" come standard with a ceiling arm. If a wall arm was requested, as you claim, the salesperson would have clearly indicated this on your invoice as a customization of the "kit". And I did take the time to look up your invoice, and it does not reflect in any way that you requested a wall arm let alone non-standard threads, which are both customizations of the "kit". When you came in to exchange it for a wall arm, it is unfortunate, and we do apologize that a brushed-nickel wall arm was in the package marked chrome. This, however, is an error from the manufacturer, and not Dupont Plumbing. Lastly, when you came in to exchange the brushed-nickel for chrome, you actually pulled it from the box to check it and make sure it was chrome, and at that time you would have seen the male threads, which are industry standard for shower arms.
I actually believe our staff took great care of your unique situation needing a female thread. I also checked google maps, and the trip from your home to our store is only 25 minutes. While we genuinely apologize for the brushed-nickel product being in a chrome labeled package, this was a manufacturer error, and not that of Dupont Plumbing but, yes, did inconvenience you to make one additional trip to our store. However, I firmly believe that all of the other trips to our store were a lack of communication between yourself and your plumber in terms of how he roughed-in your bathroom in a non-standard way. Brigitte Prystay, Director.

Ken from Toronto
Ken from Toronto
1 review Old Toronto, ON

After-Sales Service

Over a year ago, I spent almost $5000 in bathroom fixtures from Dupont Plumbing Supplies. I made the point of paying with my high-end credit card since its $200 annual fee includes an insurance premium that doubles the warranty period on all purchases.

The soft close mechanism for the Toto toilet broke recently. I was out of the 1 year manufacturer's warranty period but within the credit card's 2nd year extended warranty period. So I went back to Dupont to get a written estimate to replace the toilet seat under the claim I'd opened with the credit card company. Dupont refused to provide the estimate, called me "cheap", and told me to buy the replacement out of my own pocket instead of making a claim. My explanation that I had already paid out of my own pocket, by paying the $200 credit card fee to have the extended warranty feature, in the same way people buy extended warranties on their purchases from Future Shop and Best Buy, fell on deaf ears. All they kept going on about was how cheap I was. This is from the place where I spent $5000.

Atrocious customer service.

More about Dupont Plumbing Supplies

Vanities, Whirlpools, Tubs, Showers, Toilets, Sinks, Faucets, SHOWROOM, rads, hot water tanks, pipe, fittings