Dufferin Tile & Marble Ltd

Tile & Stone Retailers
6911 Steeles Ave W Etobicoke ON M9W6K7
HomeStars  >  Tile & Stone Retailers in Woodbridge  >  Dufferin Tile & Marble Ltd

Reviews for Dufferin Tile & Marble Ltd

Leslie in Toronto
Leslie in Toronto

Porcelain Tile installation of flooring

In 2001, Dufferin Tile installed a porcelain floor with 12’ x 12’ tiles. We suggested that a plywood sub floor should be installed first. They said it was unnecessary. Fast forward to today, our tiles have cracked, some are loose. It will cost bet. $18-20K to remove the old tiles and replace with new ones.

Roger in Toronto
Roger in Toronto

Cheap products, mute sales staff

Sales staff is a walking corps (tall one with the big lazy behind) she is a mute. Working like she is doing everyone a favor(Spanish boss Mario's daughter). Big fat attitude. Didn't recocommend a good grout. She knew I was going to run into problem. Product name is pro grout based in Montreal. Mario finally agreed to swap the unused grout, not the used one which caused 200$ In damages. He took the unused grout and gave me 3$ off on the new one I purchased. Basically lost twice. bottom line is they don't care. Once they have your money. It's bait and hook. Do not use pro grout, it's worst than dry wall plaster!

new tile installation of Natrual Stone

We hired Dufferin tile to redo the tiles in our home. Ben sent out there installer, to do the work, It was a nightmare from the start. very poor work done. now I see on the news the installer that he used in our home,
we have been left with a very poor job, and door frames that were cut so high they can not be repaired.
court action will be reviewed.

Katelyn from Toronto
Katelyn from Toronto

Shower Wall & Ceiling Tile

Discovered a Dufferin Tile promotion through Kijiji (50% off when you mention the Kijiji ad) so drove out to check them out. I found their retail prices a bit high (subway tile for over $4/square foot?) but the 50% made it more compelling. Walked away with 120 square feet of high gloss 16x4 ceramic tiles for our shower walls and ceiling - less than we planned on spending and saved us a trip across the border, too.

Sammy from Etobicoke
Sammy from Etobicoke
1 review Etobicoke, ON

Complete bathroom renovation as well as kitchen

From when we first met the installation manager (55 years old) I knew on how he explained things that he knew what he was doing. So I asked him to come to out to our home and quote me on renovating our bathroom and kitchen floor. He was very thorough and explained everything in detail in regards to the installation and he listened to our concerns , needs, and wants. Being satisfied with his expertise we gave him the go ahead with the work to be performed. He told us that the work will take a total of 12 days and sure enough he was true to his word.
The work performed by his installers was better than I expected, and there were a lot of little things he did for us that wasn't in the contract. His installers were very courteous and kept our house as clean as possible with using drop sheets over doors and openings, and removed all the debris and cleaned up after them selves. The cost of the installation was within reason ..we've received 3 quotes ..1 quote was higher, 2nd was lower, and 3rd was in between the two..Dufferin tiles quote was almost as high as the first quote but they were giving us a better tile and more in terms of installation service, and we were right. A job very well done..he's a perfectionist and cared about the installation. We are extremely happy with the work . We are planning another install with our other bathroom for this summer.
I certainly would recommend Dufferin tile to anybody.
One other thing..he's the new installation manager there with his crew of guys. He been doing this for over 35 years . He's very impressive! Thank you

David Frankham from Port Dover
David Frankham from Port Dover
10 reviews Port Dover, ON

New Kitchen Backsplash

When I was starting to put a new backsplash for the kitchen, I didn't know what I wanted for materials and colour. A friend recommended me to go Dufferin Tile as she had bought her materials from there and I really liked her backsplash. They had a lot of materials from low to high end marble and granite to suit your budget. I was able to browse around for more than an hour to look at the materials and displays and fancier trim work etc. Plus they carried the mixing materials and tools to use to complete my project. I got a bunch of ideas from this store to digest back home. I would recommend it to people like me who wants ideas to start any tile work.

Karn Sid in Brampton
Karn Sid in Brampton
6 reviews BRAMPTON, ON

Bought many tiles and materials

Got a great deal on a project for Tiles and for the materials needed. They usually have a promotion for 50% off if you pay by cash or debit and 40% off if you pay by credit card. Only thing to be wary of is that you need to check the merchandise to see if they gave you the correct amount. If they give you less than the amount you ordered and you leave the store, they won't make up for what they didn't give you. That's one policy that I find isn't good.

Russell Jara in Etobicoke
Russell Jara in Etobicoke
2 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Removing Carpet and replacing it with ceramic tiles.

Had a project to get rid of the old carpeting in my home and replace it with tiles. We shopped around and found that Dufferin Tile and Marble Ltd. had a wide selection of tiles and the cost was more competitive then most other tile shops. We bought some very nice 16X16 tiles for the living and dining rooms. It's was well worth the visit to Dufferin Tile & Marble Ltd.

Toronto Homeowner
Toronto Homeowner

tile basement

The dufferin tile store has an amzing selection of tiles - you can choose from stone, marble and surface you want and they help you to decide what you can and can't use. I loved walking around the store and absolutely love our choice of tiles. Their prices are good too.