Dufferin Electronics Warehouse

Dufferin Electronics Warehouse

Review for Dufferin Electronics Warehouse

Frank in  Ospringe
Frank in Ospringe

Installed a replacement antenna rotor and controller.

Dufferin electonics (Josh)was recommended as a possible installer of antenna related products by a former service tech I have used. There are not many people offering that type of service any more. I arranged a date which was canceled on two occasions prior to the service date. I was told what rotator would be installed and what the cost of the rotor would be. I also did research on the product and other products available that would be comparable. During the installation Josh recommended I change the down coax lead as the existing was not a high spec cable. I ran the cable which he supplied even though I said i had my own 100ft length. When the job was completed he asked for a cheque for the work but did supply a receipt outlining the details of the charges. When I inquired about the $500 plus tax charge he told me the rotor was $250 plus installation and $50 for the cable.

The suggested retail price for the rotor and controller is $140 and the price range for the cable ranges from $8/100ft or .25/ft. Since Josh was at the house for 2 hours, his hourly rate would be in excess of $100/hr.

I will not hire this man for another job and I would not trust his quotes unless they were in writing for anyone that would have to utilize his services.

Frank