Drain Works Plumbing

Drainage Contractors
HomeStars  >  Drain Services in Toronto  >  Drain Works Plumbing  >  blocked sewage line from house to City sewer
Chris from Toronto
Chris from Toronto

blocked sewage line from house to City sewer

Drain Works Plumbing
416-486-0000
80 Nealon Avenue
Toronto
M4K 1Z2

Save your money. Drainworks arrives with notes all over their invoice saying they may not clear the blockage. Also, if snake gets stuck, not their issue. Then mentions these same things multiple times so your not surprised when they can't open a blockage of toilet paper?, excrement? Didn't realize they magically turn into concrete blocks once you flush. Here's the kicker, the City of Toronto Remedial Crew came an hour after DW's had left, used the same snaking equipment, and had the block cleared in under 20 minutes. They'd been here before and bam, no issue clearing in a short period. However, Drainworks, alleged specialists in this service, begin their call with no guarantees etc. Lots of doom and gloom forecasting. I understand issues that can arise but there were no tree roots in the line, and the City of Toronto Remdial Team (sewage guys) had no issue. All I got from Drainworks when I called was 'well what are you asking for?' I wasn't looking for a free service but since the City had no issue clearing it I felt a bit ripped off. It's not like I called a carpenter in to clear my pipes. City of Toronto 2 - Drainworks 0. Go elsewhere but start with the City of Toronto if you have any issues. Great workers from those answering your call to 311 to the teams they send out. Caring and professional.

Chris. You called the city first, they did their investigation and told you that you had a private side issue and to call a private contractor, hence, your call to DrainWorks. Prior to our service we made you aware that there were no guarantees or warranties with snaking’s, and you agreed to book the service. If you did not feel comfortable with this, why book the call? We, as per your request, provided a snaking only, and as a result of our service, it was determined that the actual problem was indeed a CITY SIDE PROBLEM with their pipe, which a private contractor is not allowed to service. The information the city gave you was WRONG, and you admit this in your review. The problem was a city side problem and if the city had diagnosed the issue properly the first time, they would have snaked the line for you then and there, and you wouldn’t have had to hire us. You state in your review “City had already done these so I shared the info with the plumbing company. CITY INITALLY THOUGHT THE PLUG WAS ON MY PROPERTY LINE but after speaking with them again they sent the Remedial Crew because THEY FELT THE BLOCK MAY BE ON THEIR SIDE THIS TIME”. Based on your statement alone, it is clear the city stirred you wrong, so logically your dispute should be with them. As an aside, never has too much information or too many options been seen as a negative. We are always up front with disclaimers and warranty expectations because our customers appreciate transparency and honesty; as is testament by the many reviews here from very satisfied customers.