Drain Works Plumbing

Reviews for Drain Works Plumbing

bill.jean in Etobicoke
bill.jean in Etobicoke

Bathroom plumbing

I would like to thank DrainWorks, Chris in particular, for a job well done .
Right from the consultation to the special request for the bath tap replacement. Chris took on all our requests with a good professional attitude, everything went smoothly and we are pleased with the end result.
This is the second time that we’ve used DrainWorks, the first time it was Jim and he also did a great job of looking after us.
Shout out to JP for handling questions and being the go between.

B & J

skfletcher in Brampton
skfletcher in Brampton

Plumbing

I've relied on Drainworks service for all our plumbing needs for over 15 years. I have used them for interior plumbing as well as major drain issues. From the job coordinator, to the plumbers, they are very accomodating, thorough, and above all professional and reliable. Their project reports are very detailed with breakdown of all costs and any future quotes. You get what you paid for.

**Thanks skfletcher** It was an absolute pleasure reading your positive review and learning how happy you have been with all the service DrainWorks Plumbing has provided. We thank you for continually choosing DrainWorks! It brings us much joy to know that we can be of assistance when you need it. Thank you so much for your vote of confidence and your recommendation. As always, we’re here when you need us!

Rick from Burlington in Burlington
Rick from Burlington in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Replacement of Storm Water Pipe

My recent service with Drainworks came to sour ending and it is no one’s fault but my own. In 2015 I used Drainworks to replace my catch basin in my driveway. After the catch basin was replaced, the technician ran a camera through the storm water pipe to find another problem about 17 feet down the line. Possible issues were verbally discussed but not thoroughly documented by either myself or the technician. This was my first mistake. As the replacement of the catch basin was already a substantial cost, I put off repairing this new problem until last week. Last week, I requested a service estimate to repair this pre-existing problem. Upon arrival the technician ran the camera through the line. The technician confirmed the problem still existed but was no worse or better than previously identified. The only option explained to me was to dig 9 feet down and replace the pipe. I agree to this solution. This was my next mistake. Normally I would delay any decision until I was able to get a second opinion/estimate. As I had previously worked with this company and technician, I trusted his opinion and informed them to proceed with the work. Upon the project being at the no going back stage, and also being informed by the technician the city would need to resolve the problem, another option came up in conversation. This option may have been quicker and much more reasonable in price. We will never know as the technician did not write up a cost on this solution. And of course, as reminded by the Drainworks Office it may not have worked. Again, we will never know. In the meantime, I contacted the city. They arrived the next day, sent a torpedo into the pipe and had the issue resolved in less than a minute. I contacted the Drainworks office to ask why this option had not been presented to me. The gentleman I spoke to had me on the defensive and attacked me throughout the whole conversation stating I was in full control of the situation and I got what I asked for. I have no problem in defending staff, but don’t tell me I have full control of the situation when I am not a drain expect and I do not know all the tools available to me. All options should have been explained to me. Going forward I would highly recommend to anyone and everyone looking for drain resolution to ensure you ask as many questions as needed and document all the answers and to ensure you have at least two estimates before deciding on your action. If the problem has to do with any lines connecting to the city lines, I would also recommend you contact the city first to find out which company the city uses for drain issues. I probably could have saved thousands of dollars if I had contacted the city first but that is only my situation. After having a very heated discussion with the Drainworks office personnel, any positive recommendations for this company took a drastic decline. All I can do at this point is share my experience and recommendations and let people decide for themselves.

Rick. It is unfortunate you feel this way.
We only ever do what is in the best interest of our customers.
It was explained to you when you called in that a jetting was not an option at your home based on the situation.
When we inspected your pipe, the camera stopped dead at a full blockage of mud, preventing us to see any further. We could not know what the state of the pipe was or if it was completely broken beyond the blockage, which is why the excavation you proceeded with was classified as investigational, to figure this out.
Without the services we provided, what the city did may not have even been an option, and please note that any city side issues will always be the responsibility of the city; the city cannot do work on the private side or recommend private contractors.
Not that it was possible, but if we had charged you for a jetting and it didn’t work, then we would have had to charge you on top of that for the excavation. Whereas the city can make as many unsuccessful attempts as they like to try and fix a city issue, as you’re not paying for it, but for us, on your dime, we suggest what is in the best interest for your home and your finances.
We whole heartedly stand behind the recommendations we provided to you and assure you that the right course of action was taken by us and was in your favor.
Should you like any further clarification or to go over these details again, please do not hesitate to call our office.

Toronto in ??????????
Toronto in ??????????

Toilet replacement

We have have used Drainworks a few times, as our house has almost 50 year plumbing and fixtures. Their service is much better than others I used in the past. Very professional, had our service history on file when I called and were able to book around my schedule. Evaluated the issue with the the okd toilet quickly and gave several options/prices with no pressure or up sell. Went above & beyond to make sure everything would look good and function well. Even checked out our other toilet and asked about any other issues while were here. Did a great job with previous repairs & replacements. Satisfied repeat customer, I would recommend them.

**Thanks** It was a pleasure reading your review and learning how happy you have been with our services. Thank you for continually relying on DrainWorks Plumbing for all your plumbing and drain needs. We certainly appreciate your recommendation and look forward to hearing from you should you require assistance again in the future. Thanks for choosing DrainWorks!

Bob from Vaughan
Bob from Vaughan

Excellent Service

Excellent service provided, came within 2 hours of calling. The plumber that came was quite knowledgeable and very helpful. He also cleaned up very well. My only concern was that it was expensive, but I have really no other companies to compare with. I certainly use again and would recommend.

**Thanks Bob** We are very grateful for your review and thank you for sharing your experience. It is nice to know you were so happy with the quick assistance. We certainly look forward to hearing from you should you require plumbing or drain service again, and we thank you for your recommendation. Please do note that our pricing is in line with industry standards and is competitive with other companies. Thanks for choosing DrainWorks Plumbing!

Trustworthy, Affordable, Professional

Drainworks came and did a rough in for a basement bathroom for me. I was very impressed with the salesman who came and provided a quote. He was respectful, offered tips and advice, and the detailed quote was provided within minutes. Their team came in, quickly got to work and were great about pointing out any issues they discovered. When the floor was opened, they discovered a small amount of the original iron drains, and did an inspection to see if there was more. I was lucky it was only a small section by the stack. Not only did they replace that, they also repaired the previously (poorly) installed stack, moved the clean-out so it was more easily accessed, as well as repaired the openings in the floor. They were quick, clean, and very respectful of the house. I even loved how patient they were with my very curious cat, who decided to leave her footprints in their fresh concrete, checking with me if I wanted those smoothed over, or left for someone in the future to find as a fun treat (which, of course I did). I would highly recommend them and look forward to working with them on other projects during my renovation.

**Thanks** We appreciate your review and thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to share this experience. It is rewarding to know that you were so happy with our services. We are very grateful for your recommendation and we look forward to hearing from you should you require plumbing or drain assistance again in the future. Thanks for choosing DrainWorks Plumbing!

charles in East York
charles in East York

Residential sewer line replacement

A pipe camera inspection of our residential sewer line showed a split pipe, a pipe joint offset and some tree rootlets growing inside the line. To avoid a possible future blockage, I contracted Drain Works to replace the line. Lou and his crew responded promptly in all cases, they know what they are doing and, based on three proposals, they are competitive. I am happy with the job they did.

**Thanks Charles** It was a pleasure reading your review to learn how happy you were with our services, from start to finish. Thank you so much for sharing your experience here for all to see. It is rewarding to know we could be of assistance and we look forward to hearing from you should you require any plumbing or drain assistance again in the future. Thanks for choosing DrainWorks Plumbing!

Drain pipe replacements

After noticing a sewage smell in the basement, I called Drain Works to check it out. They discovered poor flow in cracked, poorly connected clay sewer pipes with serious root infiltration. Lou explained the situation, showing us the inside of the old pipes, and answered all our questions. The job ultimately involved digging up sections of the basement and a bit in the driveway. He and his team ran new pipe from near the back of the house up to the front and outside to connect to the city sewer line. Everyone was friendly, courteous and hard-working. The team did an excellent job, working in very close quarters in the basement.

**Thanks** We appreciate your review and thank you for sharing this experience here for all to see. It is rewarding to know that you were so happy with the service provided, from start to finish. We look forward to being the plumbing and drain service providers you will continue to rely on should you require assistance again in the future. Thank you for choosing DrainWorks Plumbing!

Moira Lauren
Moira Lauren

Excellent plumbing work

Drainworks did another excellent job recently on the plumbing at our house. Very professional, and did exceptional work. I heartily recommended Drainworks for plumbing issues. The work was well done, the service prompt . Five stars out of five stars.

**Thanks Moira** We are very grateful for your review and we thank you for your patronage, your high recommendation, and for taking the time to share it here. It really is very rewarding to know that you are so happy with our service. As always, if you ever need plumbing or drain assistance again in the future, we are here for you. Thanks for choosing DrainWorks Plumbing.

Not satisfied

I'm very unhappy with the experience.

They performed a repair and said they offer no guarantee for their work. I'm okay with a professional not backing up their work only when: 1. they charge very little for the work, or 2. they tell me the repair is unlikely to fix the issue. Neither of which was the case here.

Unfortunately I wasn't there when they came to do the repair and my mother-in-law signed off on this (I wouldn't have). They did some work, left, and the issue wasn't resolved.

The bottom line: I hired a reputable plumbing company, paid full price, the issue wasn't resolved, and my wallet is $300 lighter.

It is unfortunate you feel this way. We are transparent and upfront with whom we meet with onsite and only begin service with their approval. The service we provided did successfully get the system flowing, but the system required more work to fix it and bring it up to code, which we recommended and left a quote for. You declined to proceed with the quote for the fix. We cannot provide a warranty if proper repairs are declined. If you would like a further explanation on the work required, please call our office.

More about Drain Works Plumbing

DrainWorks Plumbing is a customer-first, Toronto-based plumbing company. All our plumbers are 100% licensed, insured, commission-free, and of course professionally trained! We take great pride in having won the Consumer Choice Award for Drain Service Excellence in Toronto and GTA 13 years in a row – the only plumbing company with this distinct honour. Reflective of this, we are also one of the most reviewed companies on HomeStars in North America! We are also proud to say that we have been chosen (again) as the "best plumber in the city" by Toronto Life magazine, as evidenced by their "Busy person's survival guide" issue. High praise from a wonderful and trusted publication!
We employ full-time salaried plumbers rather than commission-based plumbers that are motivated to up-sell you. All of the DrainWorks plumbers in Toronto and surrounding areas are fully licensed, insured, and professionally trained. We are also proud to say that 100% of our employees have been with us for 10 years or more.

Further, we've recently had the honor of being one of a select few companies across all trades, hand picked by Gemini award winning TV host and contractor, Bryan Baeumler, of HGTV's Leave it to Bryan and Disaster DIY to be Baeumler Approved. A high mark of quality, indeed.

You can count on DrainWorks for all your plumbing and drain-related needs in Toronto. Our plumbers are ready for your call with clear and upfront pricing and will always arrive on-time and fully prepared with everything they can foreseeably need.
DrainWorks Plumbing also likes to help and support our local Toronto community and charities, such as for the Easter Seals and SickKids Foundation.
Please take a few moments to read these plumbing reviews from our customers, so you too can learn about and take advantage of the ‘DrainWorks Difference’. We hope you choose us for your next call to the plumber!