Downtown Roofing Repairs

Reviews for Downtown Roofing Repairs

Richard
Richard

Roof Repair

I’ve used Downtown a couple times now but decided to get a quote from another highly-rated company for my roof: $12000! Then I called Joe and he checked it out and said the job would be $600 - he said the roof was fine and had another 5 years, only needed some patching. Call Joe you won’t regret it.

Thanks a lot for the great review Andrew. We're glad we could save you some money.

Sonia in Toronto
Sonia in Toronto

New Roof on Old Downtown Victorian

Joe and Aaron were an absolute pleasure to deal with. They provided a fair quote and put a new roof on my mom's old Victorian home, including repairing and re-installing the eaves back in August 2019. I had a number of other top rated roofers from Toronto come to quote and some flatly refused to do this job or never got back to me - as this job was in the heart of downtown Toronto and access was not the easiest for an old Victorian row-house. Downtown Roofing also capped off my mom's crumbling chimney to prevent the squirrels from coming inside. Joe, Aaron and their entire crew did an excellent job and cleaned up perfectly! Highly recommend this company and father/son team! I've attached a photo - not the best quality as I took it through a screen window.

What an amazing review! Thank you so much Sonia. You made a tougher job that much easier. We always like a challenge.

Clinton Turnbull , Toronto
Clinton Turnbull , Toronto

New Flat Roof

An incredible experience from start to finish. Joe and his son Aaron did a great job replacing my leaking flat roof. The crew was considerate of my garden and took the time to protect it so no debris ruined anything. After they were done my yard was left in possibly a cleaner condition then when they first arrived :) I have no more leaks in my flat roof! Thanks for a great job Aaron and Joe! And to your guys Brian and Vince!

What a great review. You were a dream to work with.
Thanks Clinton!

Sue & D’Arcy in Mississauga
Sue & D’Arcy in Mississauga

Roof repair and new skylight

My husband D’Arcy and I have had our roof repaired by two roofing companies. With both companies we had water leaking into our house every time it rained. Then we hired Downtown Roofing Repairs (Detective Joe and Detective Aaron) not a drop of water has leaked into our house since they did their work. They arrived at our house introduced themselves, explained the work they would be doing and cleaned up the site after completing their work in a timely and professional manner. Their work on our roof and installation of a new skylight was exceptional. We would recommend Downtown Roofing Repairs for any and all roofing repairs.

Wow! Thanks for the great review. We were so happy we were able to handle your leaking chimney.

AKA
AKA

Roof Replacement - New asphalt shingles Installation

Would I recommend Downtown Roofing Repairs? 100% I would and I already have to my neighbors. I would also have no hesitation in hiring them again.

I hired Joe, Aaron and their team to replace the shingles on my roof which were old and falling apart and they did a fantastic job.

They're a few reasons why I decided to go with Downtown Roofing Repairs and why I gave a rating of 10.

First, if I start with the estimation process. Of all the companies I contacted and received estimates from Joe was the only person who actually went on the roof to evaluate its condition before providing me with an estimate. This was something that I appreciated and I'm glad he did because it turned out that we had 3 layers of shingles on the roof. All of the other quotes I received did not have this built into their estimates because no one took the step to look.

Second, Aaron and his crew did a fantastic job. The job only took 2 days to complete. Aaron and his team member Brian were great in communicating what work was completed or still required. The crew was quick and efficient and left us with a new roof that looks fantastic.

Lastly, when the work was completed for the day and for the project overall, the guys took every effort to make sure the area was cleaned and free of debris before heading home: considering how many layers of shingles there were on the roof that probably wasn't the easiest thing to do. A lot of the times this step is an afterthought but with kids and pets around having an area free of roofing nails provided an extra level of comfort. It also showed the level of respect the guys had for the surroundings and for the quality of their work.

Wow thank you so much for the great review. It was a real pleasure working for you and your family.

All the best, Aaron and Joe

G in East York
G in East York

Successful Roof Replacement

I contacted Downtown Roofing when the company I thought was going to replace my roof was unable to do it because of staff turnover. My roof was in bad shape, and needed either repairs or a full replacement before the cold weather and snow came. Downtown Roofing said they could do the work quickly. I talked with some neighbours who were happy with the replacements they had done for them. So I went for a full roof replacement, including shingles and a small flat roof area. I also needed more ventilation for the attic, since I had recently added insulation. Downtown Roofing gave me information about alternative types of vents I could choose from.

The work was done quickly and went smoothly. The roof looks great. Downtown Roofing came through when I was in a difficult situation and I’m very happy with their work.

Wow thank you so much for the kind words.

Jean from Toronto
Jean from Toronto

Excellent Job, Great Crew, Amazing Customer Service!

After meeting with 5-6 roofing companies we decided to go with downtownroofing. They clearly stood out from the rest of the folks we met and offered a very reasonable quote.

Joe and Aaron were very responsive to email and phone calls and were very patient with us, even dropping off a shingle sample board to help us with selecting a colour. The crew were prompt, organized, courteous and professional. They tarped off areas of our property and gardens to ensure no damage. Aaron kept us informed throughout and when their was an issue with the skylight delivery coming after the job was completed, Aaron and Brian returned another day to finish up despite the inconvenience.

I couldn’t think of a better experience than the one we had with Aaron and the downtownroofing crew! I strongly recommend them for your roofing job.

Wow! Thanks for all the kind words Jean. You and Anna were amazing to work for.

Private User reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Fantastic Job !!!

We were extremely pleased with every step of the roofing process. Joe was the only roofer who went on the roof during the initial inspection.
He is honest and the quote was fair. He came back several times to help us pick the right shingles.He was patient, courteous, knowledgeable and went above and beyond. to ensure that we were 100% satisfied,. Aaron and his team were great. They were punctual, friendly and professional. We were pleasantly surprised on how quickly the job was completed. The employees of this company are reliable, knowledgeable , skilled and polite. They take pride in their work. We would strongly recommend
them to others.

Thank you so much for the amazing review. We're so happy you had a great experience with us.

Douglas from Toronto
Douglas from Toronto

Knowledgable, Skilled, Reliable and Ethical

When we discovered that a previous owner of our 3 storey Victorian semi had installed a bathroom fan that vented directly into the unvented attic, we knew the cause of the attic mold. Downtown Roofing was prompt and effective at planning and installing 5 new vents. One for the bathroom fan, one outtake vent and three intake vents. And when we discovered that the sealed off attic of our dormer had no insulation in it, they installed pink insulation to boost the R-value to over 20. And they did all this through the slate roof of our house - which complicates the operation. But no damage occurred to the existing slate. The work has a full warrantee as well. We have been using Downtown Roofing for almost 20 years and have always been very happy with their work. And it is wonderful to watch the founder, Joe Dunphy, pass on his skill and conscientiousness to his son Aaron, who is now the principal roofer, along with his associate Vince. Joe continues to be involved, but more as an advisor. Highly recommended!

Hey Doug, we were very happy to help and we really appreciate the good review and confidence in us.

More about Downtown Roofing Repairs

We are a family run company and have been in the roofing business since 1975. We use most brands of shingles but concentrate on Certainteed Landmark. This product is high-grade and aesthetic. There has been many faulty shingles in recent years so we've turned to Certainteed products to avoid this. We have a friendly crew with a lot of experience, who have a very high quality of work. We take pride in our clean ups.

Call us for a quote and see for yourself.