Downtown Roofing Repairs

HomeStars  >  Roofing in Toronto  >  Downtown Roofing Repairs

Reviews for Downtown Roofing Repairs

Jean from Toronto
Jean from Toronto

Excellent Job, Great Crew, Amazing Customer Service!

After meeting with 5-6 roofing companies we decided to go with downtownroofing. They clearly stood out from the rest of the folks we met and offered a very reasonable quote.

Joe and Aaron were very responsive to email and phone calls and were very patient with us, even dropping off a shingle sample board to help us with selecting a colour. The crew were prompt, organized, courteous and professional. They tarped off areas of our property and gardens to ensure no damage. Aaron kept us informed throughout and when their was an issue with the skylight delivery coming after the job was completed, Aaron and Brian returned another day to finish up despite the inconvenience.

I couldn’t think of a better experience than the one we had with Aaron and the downtownroofing crew! I strongly recommend them for your roofing job.

Wow! Thanks for all the kind words Jean. You and Anna were amazing to work for.

Fantastic Job !!!

We were extremely pleased with every step of the roofing process. Joe was the only roofer who went on the roof during the initial inspection.
He is honest and the quote was fair. He came back several times to help us pick the right shingles.He was patient, courteous, knowledgeable and went above and beyond. to ensure that we were 100% satisfied,. Aaron and his team were great. They were punctual, friendly and professional. We were pleasantly surprised on how quickly the job was completed. The employees of this company are reliable, knowledgeable , skilled and polite. They take pride in their work. We would strongly recommend
them to others.

Thank you so much for the amazing review. We're so happy you had a great experience with us.

Douglas from Toronto
Douglas from Toronto

Knowledgable, Skilled, Reliable and Ethical

When we discovered that a previous owner of our 3 storey Victorian semi had installed a bathroom fan that vented directly into the unvented attic, we knew the cause of the attic mold. Downtown Roofing was prompt and effective at planning and installing 5 new vents. One for the bathroom fan, one outtake vent and three intake vents. And when we discovered that the sealed off attic of our dormer had no insulation in it, they installed pink insulation to boost the R-value to over 20. And they did all this through the slate roof of our house - which complicates the operation. But no damage occurred to the existing slate. The work has a full warrantee as well. We have been using Downtown Roofing for almost 20 years and have always been very happy with their work. And it is wonderful to watch the founder, Joe Dunphy, pass on his skill and conscientiousness to his son Aaron, who is now the principal roofer, along with his associate Vince. Joe continues to be involved, but more as an advisor. Highly recommended!

Hey Doug, we were very happy to help and we really appreciate the good review and confidence in us.

Dan McKenzie in Toronto
Dan McKenzie in Toronto

Awesome work, fast, friendly, and cleaned up

I had a bad leak in my middle bedroom, called Aaron and he came by the next day. He took photos of the holes in my roof and patched them to stop the leaks until they could come by and do the whole shingled roof. They came by a few days later and did the roof in one day. They left the yard and surrounding area perfectly clean. Aaron even noticed a spot on the flat roof that needed repair and fixed it. Great job, great warranty, great guys.

Thanks for the great review Dan. You were a pleasure to work for.

Roof repairs

Joe and Aaron and their team did an excellent and careful job of re-shingling our roof and some other repairs. They were patient in explaining everything they were going to do and going over the scope of work with us, and they did great work. I'll be glad to recommend them to friends for future work.

Elaine
Elaine

Flat roof repair

After many, many estimates, I decided to use Downtown Roofing because they gave a HONEST description of the current condition of the roof and scope of work to be completed. Before and after the job, they promptly replied to emails and calls. On the day of the job, the crew was on-time, professional, answered additional questions, and assisted me up and down the high roof. I highly recommend their services. Thanks again!

Neil MacDougall in Toronto
Neil MacDougall in Toronto

Roof repair

Arron and Joe are truly professionals. They know their trade very well, are prompt, reliable, and effective problem solvers. I trust them and they are both very good at understanding issues. Their level of customer service is outstanding and they stand behind their service. They are a pleasure to deal with and I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending them fully.

Eve from Toronto
Eve from Toronto

Flat roof replacement

Aaron and his team did a fantastic job replacing my leaking flat roof! They gave a great quote (and actually went up to inspect the roof, which not all companies did), sent an estimate very quickly, and were able to complete the job based on my schedule. They were hard working and courteous and did a great cleanup job. Aaron noticed my chimney hadn't been caulked properly to the siding, and did it for me without any fuss or extra charges. The roof looks great and is watertight - we survived the 50 mm torrential rain with no more leaks. I would highly recommend Downtown Roofing!

KM in Toronto
KM in Toronto

Roof/skylight repairs

Downtown Roofing was recommended to me by one of the top rated roofers on this site who doesn't service the west end of Toronto.

I had had a chimney removed and skylights that were improperly installed (by a friend) and leaking on a flat roof. I wasn't sure if I'd need to replace or repair the roof.

Aaron came promptly to take a look. He was very professional about the mistakes my friend had made (some other company representatives made fun of the work, which I found counterproductive and highly unprofessional). His quote was competitive, and even though I asked for quotes for both replace and repair (once he said that was possible), I never felt pressured to do the more expensive job.

On the repair day, the company arrived as promised, and checked in with me about a portion of the job that affected the interior. The skylights look great. I'm confident they'll hold up in future storms.

Tim from Toronto
Tim from Toronto

roofing repairs

We have used Downtown Roofing for the repair of a flat roof we had under the back deck of our 100 year old plus Cabbagetown home. It was a difficult job as it involved removing the old deck and tearing off the old roof. Joe and his team showed up when they said they would and did a great job. Their prices were fair and they did quality work . Since then we have Downtown roofing come by every year before winter and check our roofs and eaves troughs and do any necessary repairs. We are pleased that they take the time to do these small jobs as they provide some real peace of mind. We also love their honesty. Last year we asked Downtown if they thought we should replace a flat roof over our kitchen sun room and they looked at it and said no need to. We highly recommend them.
Cabbagetown, Toronto

More about Downtown Roofing Repairs

We are a family run company and have been in the roofing business since 1975. We use most brands of shingles but concentrate on Certainteed Landmark. This product is high-grade and aesthetic. There has been many faulty shingles in recent years so we've turned to Certainteed products to avoid this. We have a friendly crew with a lot of experience, who have a very high quality of work. We take pride in our clean ups.

Call us for a quote and see for yourself.