I cannot in good faith recommend this company to anyone and in fact many of my neighbors that have asked for the company name I did not provide them the info as I do not want to responsible for causing them grief. The facts of my experience are below:
- Signed a contract to purchase the door in late October 2021. Delivery date on the contact was February 2022. Door was not installed until early April 2022 after multiple delays.
- During the installation the home alarm censor was not removed from the old door and now my home alarm is disabled until I get that fixed at my cost
- The video door bell was installed upside down. I had to reinstall once the installer left
- Once the installer left I noticed that the door had 4 small scratches on the inside. I am guessing the installer scratched the door when installing the lock and handset. Worse case scenario it came from the factory like that.
- Yesterday about month after the install I noticed that the weather stripping at the bottom of the door is torn and coming apart. I called Dodds to place a repair request and I was told (and I am not making this up) 'our repairman has left the country for a month so we cannot schedule someone to come out until July' My reply ' you only have the one?' Answer 'Yes' I was not sure how to respond to that but laugh and agree to have someone contact me
The door does look good but my concern now is how long is it going to last. Once the warranty is done I can't imagine I would get any help from this company at that point.
Going to be placing another review for a garage door that I purchased at the same time but has yet to be installed...
- Approximate cost of services:
- Company Response
Fred, we are very sorry that you feel this way and of course strive to leave you feeling nothing less than perfectly satisfied. What we can commit to all of our customers is that we will install your entry / garage doors as soon we receive them. The world has certainly become very challenging over the last couple of years re getting materials. While you mentioned we have had two years to figure it out we are doing our best within the constraints we have. I am glad we were able to come out to install the second we received your product. We of course will support you with after sales service as we always do and as discussed, we want a particular service technician who is taking a much needed vacation come and fix the minor issues remaining with your installation. Thanks so much for your understanding and we wish you health and happiness in this challenging time.