Dodds Garage Door Systems Inc.

60 Wildcat Rd Toronto ON M6M 3E6
Garage Doors & Hardware
Dodds Garage Door Systems Inc.

Best of 2020 winner 9 timesBest of 2020winner 9 times
Giving Back Award winner 2 timesGiving Back Awardwinner 2 times

Reviews for Dodds Garage Door Systems Inc.

Jeanne
Jeanne
8 reviews Caledon, ON

Garage doors & repairs

The staff are great to work with including the installers. After 2 yrs the material they used (plastic) faded to white color. It looks horrible against the doors. The window frame also started fading in the corners. I contacted Dodds and since April have been repeatedly promised they would come and it's now August.

Linda, Whitby in Whitby
Linda, Whitby in Whitby
7 reviews Whitby, ON

Repair Garage Door mechanics

In the past we have used the services of Dodds Doors; approximately 6 years ago. Due to the fact we were very pleased with their past service; we used them once again [for a completely different problem].
We would recommend them in a heart beat to anyone who requires garage door service.

Insulated garage door

Had a virtual meeting with Allan and chose the garage door we wanted. it is absolutely stunning and was very easy and painless transaction. Garage door installer was very experienced and professional. Also aluminum cappers did a splendid job following the creases of the wood trim. I highly recommend them.

Andrew in Toronto
Andrew in Toronto
1 review Whitby, ON

2 New Garage Doors with openers

After much research we went with Dodd's due to the solid reviews. Sales process was seamless, and we are thrilled with our new doors. Our installer Zaza was exceptional in terms of both skill and knowledge, and he spent time explaining the opener features with me, and important basic maintenance for the doors. The doors themselves are very high quality and frankly, the nicest on the street! In terms of the motors, one of the motors seemed like a bit of a lemon - if you can get them with cars, you can get them with far less expensive motors. One is a lot louder and not as smooth as the other. I called this morning to raise this concern with Angela, and she confirmed Dodd's will have someone out tomorrow to swap out the one motor - now that is service. Angela also handled my booking and she was exceptional as well ... great customer service skills / care. Thanks Dodd's, Zaza and Angela - because of you, we will definitely use Dodd's again and recommend to anyone - outstanding work. Andrew

Ginny Brooklin Ont
Ginny Brooklin Ont
2 reviews Whitby, ON

New Garage Door

UPDATE: After speaking with Zach and working through the issues a solution to the problems were made and the remaining parts of the job were completed to my satisfaction. As such I will alter my review and increase the star rating to a 7/10 because Zach went above and beyond to make sure I came out happy with the end result.

The job has been left unfinished after waiting for over a year despite them having been payed. They now tell me that the capping cannot be done as it is to complicated despite having two men come out last year to do measurements and tell me they would be back in about a week. I made several phone calls about completion of the job and was told multiple times that they were back logged but they would come by as soon as possible. After a follow-up call this year they said someone would be by to complete the capping in a couple of days. After two weeks I made yet another phone call and they told me not only did I owe money but someone did come by and without ever speaking to anyone in the home left without doing the work. I have again made inquire's but have not herd back from the company. I will be taking this up with the Better Business Bureau.

Bernice in Toronto
Bernice in Toronto
1 review Hamilton, ON

Garage trim

Salesperson was prompt, installed on time, trim was hanging but someone was sent to do a quick repair. I have had 3 home improvements done during covid and since every company is swamped with a backlog, I am happy with the service

Dave Sieger
Dave Sieger

Garage door opener

Outstanding! Excellent advice, product and installation. Kudos to installer Daniel for efficient, friendly service and easy to understand instructions. When our old garage door opener was giving us trouble, I called Dodd's Doors - and was so satisfied with the answers I got that I didn't even try anywhere else. Based on the installation I am very happy with that decision. Highly recommended.

Thank you for this amazing review Dave. Dodds is happy to service our customers with the highest professionalism and attention they deserve. Thank you so much for recommending us.

Tammy in Scarborough
Tammy in Scarborough
1 review Cambridge, ON

New garage door opener

Great experience with Dodds. Our garage door opener was very old and the hp too small for our double door. As such it was extremely loud and struggled every time we had to open it. Emailed Dodds in North York, received a quick response from Denise and booked our appointment. Unfortunately I had to reschedule the appointment not once but twice due to my unpredictable work schedule but Denise was very pleasant and accommodating. I'm sorry I do not recall the name of the very nice tech that came to install our new opener as well as replace the cables that were in bad shape but he did an excellent job. We are extremely happy with how quiet the new opener is (as I'm sure our neighbors are as well lol). Would highly recommend Dodd's.

Thank you so much for this amazing review Tammy. Dodds strives to service customers with the highest professionalisms and attention they deserve. Thank you so much for recommending us.

Deedee424 in Toronto
Deedee424 in Toronto

Garage door repair. Door off track rollers replaced cable fixed

I emailed a couple of times but no one called to set up the repair appointment. I
Phoned and happily the service was done same day. I was pleased with the work but wondered why no one called back when I contacted online. Possibly Covid-19 caused them to drop the ball. The repairman was knowledgeable and quick to complete the repair. I am happy with both the work and the price paid.

Thank you for this amazing review Deedee. I extend an apology for the delayed response via email. We are working hard to service our customers and constantly improving all communication channels. I am happy our qualified installers were able to service your door. We always strive to provide the best quality service and attention to our customers. Thank you once again for your comments, at Dodds we strive to provide the best service for every single customer and will improve from your valuable feedback. Thank you again.

More about Dodds Garage Door Systems Inc.

It's DODDS' 60th Anniversary gift to YOU until July 15th! Don't miss this big sale.
Call now! Save now!

Dodds Garage Door Systems gives new meaning to the word "reliability".
"We show up when we say we will, we do the job with the expertise of over 52 years in the business, and we tidy up. We never leave a mess!"
"When you require garage door service or garage door electric opener attention, please call us. You won't be sorry. We guarantee it!"
Having done that, just sit down and relax, you have just hired Greater Toronto's #1 garage door company, Dodds Garage Door Systems is your RELIABLE garage door firm.
Dodds major products are "SERVICE", "VALUE", and "CUSTOMER SATISFACTION!"

Dodds Garage Door Systems Inc. is an all-Canadian privately owned company, established in 1958, specializing in the sale, repairs, service and installation of:

Overhead Garage Doors- residential, commercial and industrial