Dodds Garage Door Systems Inc.

Garage Doors & Hardware
Toronto, Etobicoke, North York, Scarborough, Mississauga, Cooksville, Richmond Hill, Thornhill, Concord, Vaughan, Markham, Unionville, Brampton, Oakville, Whitby, Oshawa, Woodbridge, Maple, Bolton, Ajax, Pickering, Georgetown, Newmarket, Aurora, Burlingto
Garage Doors & Hardware
Dodds Garage Door Systems Inc.

Reviews for Dodds Garage Door Systems Inc.

Matt from Scarborough
Matt from Scarborough
6 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Quick, efficient, friendly service

Had a few rollers loose on my garage door, and a bolt missing from the opener itself. Called Dodds and set up an appointment very fast. Dan came and did all the needed work in 30 minutes or less. He got the job done and things are good as new again. Highly recommended, thanks so much.

Thank you very much for this great review Matt. DODDS sets the benchmark for customer experience for garage door companies across the G.T.A.

Nicholas in Toronto
Nicholas in Toronto

Garage door spring

Phoned Dodds on Thursday to replace broken spring. Came Friday and both springs were replaced in less than 1/2 hour. Unlike my installer who didn't come or answer my call Dodds came when they said they would . I will be using them the next time I need service on my garage door.

Thank you very much for this great review Nicholas. With DODDS you can just sit back and relax as you are working with the #1 garage door company in the G.T.A. as voted by you , the customers, for 19 years in a row!

Henry Omodara in Mississauga
Henry Omodara in Mississauga

Excellent service

The tech they sent was very cool, calm and collected. Installed new garage door opener and some sundry fixes. Very happy with the quality of work and professionalism of the technician.

Thank you very much for this great review Henry. At DODDS your satisfaction is guaranteed as DODDS unparalleled reputation is based solely on the satisfaction of our customers,each and every one, day in and day out, 365 days a year.

Garage door purchase

Great sales, great communication, perfect instalation, all and all extremely positive experience.
Couldn’t be happier with our garage door, not only does it look great it operates better than ever.
Thanks you
Rob

Thank you very much for this great review Rob. Buying a quality garage door from DODDS is easy, comfortable and affordable.

Chris Hsu from Burlington
Chris Hsu from Burlington
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Best Service and Warranty

I had done a lot of research into garage doors and had 3 quotes from local dealers. Costco was cheapest, and there were 2 other companies that had better products but were significantly more money. All included garage door openers and similar insulated doors and hardware. What set Dodds apart was the service before, during and after the sale. They confirmed the appointment, gave us everything in writing, pricing was the same as it was online, and they actually followed up AFTER the quote to make sure we had all our questions answered. We picked them partly because of this piece but also because everything they did was warranted for life. In their words they want to put in the door and never see us again for anything. Then after the install, they called us to make sure we were happy with everything and that it was cleaned up and installed to our satisfaction. And as if that wasn't good enough, our insulated value is HIGHER than the other guys and what was standard with their offering, was all optional with the other guys. But even the standard stuff was BETTER than the optional stuff with the other quotes (eg other guys 'upgraded' spring was 15,000 cycle, Dodds was 25,000 cycle spring). I can't recommend these guys enough - forget about the rest, these guys are the best.

Thank you very much for this great review Chris. DODDS will always show you the easy, comfortable and affordable path to choosing your garage door.

Private User reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Broken garage door spring replacement

We found Dodd’s to be very responsive when we called them and were able to send a repair person within a few hours. The work and service were very much to our satisfaction.

Thank you very much for this great review. Every DODDS team member is fully committed to maintaining our excellent standards of service and support.

Private User reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Awful doors that break easily and poor Customer Service provision

I'm extremely disappointed with Dodds Garage Doors and their poor customer service and quality of doors. I specifically recommended Dodds Garage Doors to my senior citizen parents and to fellow friends and family members because of their good online reviews, specifically from the BBB and because of their advertisement about being one of the best in the industry and providing a warranty on their garage doors. Throughout the years we have had several offers from other companies to install a new garage door at a much cheaper and reasonable price however, because of my insistence that Dodd’s Garage Doors would provide a better product and service we ended up purchasing a new garage door with them at an almost $1300 dollar price tag. Recently, much to my surprise our garage door cable came loose and one of the wheels on the doors came out of the bolt. I immediately called Dodds Garage Doors to get it fixed. I was told that we did not get the “platinum” door package and therefore were not eligible for the guarantee. The door is hardly three years old and I was not made aware of this provision when I first purchased the door with Dodds. Then I was told that in order to even get a service person to even come and look at the issue they would charge us roughly $87+ and that does not include the parts and service charge. This is totally unreasonable, especially given the fact that the installation was clearly faulty if the bolts just slid out of holes and one of the wires came loose. They would not even have to purchase any parts; just put the darn thing back together again. Dodds Garage Door does not care about their customers at all and don’t honour their agreements. They also actively promote false advertising. I do not recommend them and will let everyone I know that this company provides false advertising and awful products and ridiculously high prices. Don’t go with this company. Get your garage door from another cheaper and better provider.

Thank you for your detailed account of your issue. I have had a conversation with our service department and have the background. 3 years ago you chose to purchase a value oriented door - a non-insulated garage door. Our pricing is among the most competitive in the market and we never take advantage of customers. No company, garage door or otherwise will provide you free service should you have a maintenance issue 3 years after installation. Denise in our office made you a very generous offer to cover the cost of a technician which is above and beyond the required generosity. 3 years after installing the most affordable product on the market you were getting a service visit at our cost of labour. I am sorry you feel this is unfair but in this case we have to draw a line as your request was well beyond reasonable. We would still be happy to come and provide service at cost and we hope you will consider updating your review. Thank you. You can call the office any time. Have a great rest of your week

Fast, courteous and reasonably-priced

Fixed my tenant's garage door quickly and efficiently, for a reasonable price. Allowed me to pay for the service afterwards over the phone. Anna in the office is very personable and helpful. All in all, very easy! Will definitely use them again.

Thank you very much for this great review. You can rest assured that DODDS will always offer you the greatest value across the G.T.A.

Natalie in Toronto
Natalie in Toronto

New garage door

My husband and I had a really nice garage door installed by doods. They were fast and friendly and would recommend them. Sales and Customer service were great as well.

Thank you very much for this great review Natalie. DODDS will show you the easy, comfortable and affordable path to choosing your new garage door.

Mike in Oshawa
Mike in Oshawa
3 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Repair two garage doors

One garage door off tracks. Turns out that it wasn’t anchored correctly. Went above and beyond to repair by cutting additional 2 x 4 anchor. Also repaired second garage door on brink of failure. Very happy with work and professionalism.

Thank you very much for this great review Mike. At DODDS your satisfaction as a customer is of primary importance to us.

More about Dodds Garage Door Systems Inc.

It's DODDS' 60th Anniversary gift to YOU until July 15th! Don't miss this big sale.
Call now! Save now!

Dodds Garage Door Systems gives new meaning to the word "reliability".
"We show up when we say we will, we do the job with the expertise of over 52 years in the business, and we tidy up. We never leave a mess!"
"When you require garage door service or garage door electric opener attention, please call us. You won't be sorry. We guarantee it!"
Having done that, just sit down and relax, you have just hired Greater Toronto's #1 garage door company, Dodds Garage Door Systems is your RELIABLE garage door firm.
Dodds major products are "SERVICE", "VALUE", and "CUSTOMER SATISFACTION!"

Dodds Garage Door Systems Inc. is an all-Canadian privately owned company, established in 1958, specializing in the sale, repairs, service and installation of:

Overhead Garage Doors- residential, commercial and industrial