Concept 76 Discount Window And Door Ltd.

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
4476 Chesswood Drive, Unit 5 Toronto ON M3J 2B9
HomeStars  >  Windows & Doors Installation & Service in Toronto  >  Concept 76 Discount Window And Door Ltd.

Reviews for Concept 76 Discount Window And Door Ltd.

Valerie & Heather in
Valerie & Heather in

I feel bad for spending my money here

It’s too bad this place had the product we needed for an odd sized door. They are so rude! Worst customer service ever. We visited twice, no one was interested in talking to us in the empty showroom. When they did talk to us. They were blasie and a little condisending. We got conflicting information from different employees. The second time I walked in and an employee was standing right by the door... looked at me, no hello, recognition, nothing! Rude!
The first visit our door was loaded into the car for me. The second time the man stood on the loading dock and I asked if I should back the car up more and he said, “just come pick it up”. So in the rain, with my child in the car he made me (woman) lift the solid wood door off the loading dock, at 4ft height, and put it in my car by myself.
Nice. Don’t go here if you value human decency.

We are sorry things didn't seem to work out this time around. It would be best to call to discuss your concerns with the owner of the business before posting a negative review; indeed, you are invited to do so! In our 42 years of business we find that in less than 1% of cases there can be misunderstandings or extenuating circumstances surrounding a transaction, and resolution is always possible.

Julia in Markham
Julia in Markham

Great experience!

I got my interior doors from Concept 76, and I am satisfied!!! The order was last minute and they met my timeline unlike 20 other companies I called that told me few weeks wait period. Also, they beat everyone for the cost of the doors. I was dealing with Neil, and he provided me with an excellent service. I would highly recommend them!!!

Thank you Julia for your kind words. We aim to please!

HoodJ
HoodJ

4 closet doors

I discovered Concept 76 through a google search. After making a call I visited their warehouse and went through some options with Daniel. Within a couple of days I called and placed an order with Neil for 4 solid wood closet doors. Discount billed me immediately, which was around $700. I was told by Daniel the closet doors would take 3 weeks to arrive as they were coming from oversees. At this time our renovation wasn't starting for 4 weeks and the doors wouldn't be needed to near the end of the work, which our contractor told us would be 4 weeks. I called after 3 weeks and Neil had no update other than they had been delayed. Over the following 4 weeks I called once per week and rarely got a call back. Eventually by week 8 Neil called to say they would be arriving the next week. They arrived 9 weeks after the order was placed. I understand that delays can happen but expect to be kept informed. Sadly the customer service in this respect is severely lacking. Even when I picked the closet doors up today there was no apology for the delay. My advice is that Discount may be good if you can find something in their showroom to pick up there and then. If you have to order something my experience is that it will take longer than what Neil or Daniel will tell you and don't expect either to call you to update you. Expect to do that yourself.

Toronto Homeowner in Toronto
Toronto Homeowner in Toronto

Front Door System

Our Visa was charged $2,000 + deposit for a front door system in February 2016. It is now June 21/2016 and we have promises from Mike but no front door system nor even a date as to when it might be installed. Yes, you must chase this company, they do not proactively keep you informed. We used on recommendation of a designer, then found that the designer only uses them for in stock products, not custom orders. Mike's expertise in picking the door system was very satisfactory. If only we had the door! Once we get the front door installed, we'll update this review.

John in Toronto
John in Toronto

A window-shopping disaster

A terrible experience from beginning to end. I used Discount Windows and Doors about five years ago and was very happy. So when I needed a custom window for my latest DIY project, I went back. They said it would be ready in 4 - 5 weeks. About week five I called and left a message to get an update. No response. I emailed. No response. After several more messages over the next week, someone finally picked up the phone. It will be in next week, they said. The next week comes and goes with no contact from the company and no response to my phone calls. On Saturday I manage to get hold of the boss on the phone. He says he'll look into it and call me early in the week. Again, the week goes by, no contact, no response. Finally I drove up there the following Saturday -- eight weeks after the order -- and demanded my money back. "But it's coming Monday," they said. Against my better judgment I give them one more chance. Monday comes and goes and -- you guessed it -- not a word from the company. So Tuesday I go up there again and get a refund. They offer no real apology and make no attempt at an explanation. I can't imagine a worse retail experience.

Siva from Markham
Siva from Markham

Basement entry door

I am fortunate to have found them. I scoured the big stores for two weeks for a particular size French door and got various kinds of replies (even one with a yawn) but no door. I went here, they had plenty in stock, I picked one, the guy helped me load it up. The end. I couldn't believe it. They had soo many doors in stock for a price that only matches their name.

Lutfi from Mississauga
Lutfi from Mississauga

closet sliding doors

Ordered doors on December 29, 2014 paid full amount. I had high hopes that it will be fine. I was told that it will take up to 6 weeks. After the 6 weeks I called and e-mailed several times to be given unsatisfactory excuses for the delay and with no delivery date. On April 19, 2015 got refund. My experience with this company was total waste of time and significant delay in completing my project. I'm surprised that they are still in business.

Nadine M. from Toronto
Nadine M. from Toronto

doors

I would have to agree with the lady who wrote a review before me, but doors are great, price was great, but customer service was HORRIBLE. I ordered three doors at the beginning of January, was told it was going to be 2-3 weeks, phoned after 4 weeks, no one could tell me anything about my order, 4-5 times I phoned and gave them my name and phone number and was told someone would call me back, no one ever called me back and eventually no one answered my phone calls. I finally had to get my boyfriend to call and he was able to get some information. Was told delivery was coming that week. I didn't hear from them for another two weeks, called and then finally got doors one week later. In total it took 8 weeks to get my doors, rather than 2-3 weeks and how I was treated as a customer in those extra 6 weeks of waiting was not good. Gentlemen, just an FYI, a phone call and an update goes a long way in keeping your customer informed and happy. Even if it is not good news (e.g. we ordered the wrong doors, or we forgot to place your order) just tell the customer, so that they can adjust their project timelines. Don't ignore me and not call them back. Just makes the customer more frustrated. Reading the reviews on Homestars makes me see that this is something of a trend for you - and it is probably not a good road to go down.

Thank you for your feedback. With regards to lead times in general, please read our response to the previous review. Regarding customer service and communication, your comments are valid and we will take whatever steps are necessary to bring these business aspects back up to the high levels we achieved for all of our past 35 odd years in the industry.

Milla from Toronto
Milla from Toronto

2 Sliding Closet Door System

If you want to have your renovation done on time, this is not a good company to work with. Neil, our main contact told us that due to the Xmas holiday, the door would arrive approx. on Jan 23, 2014 without getting informed. Then, when I sent an email, it should arrive around Jan 30, then I called again to confirm, then now it will arrive on Feb. 5th. When I called them for the explanation what I hear from Neil was, it is not a big deal to have the door system to arrive late. The contractor should work around their schedule. Really? It shouldn’t be up to Neil, whether it is a big deal or not. Not only that, it should be a big deal for Neil to fail to meet their own deadline. I also dealt with the company who were more responsible and kinder to the customers. I figured as long as their mentality is like that, would they ever think about improving their service? Not very hopefully at this moment.

If anything, this was admittedly a breakdown in Diplomacy on our part in handling this situation. Our experience dates back to 1976 when we first established ourselves and one result of this is to quote ETA's according to average expected lead times based on
history, and factory confirmations. We never give a knowingly false ETA in order to make a sale. In fact, we have refused many orders when we are certain that lead times expected by clients for certain products cannot be met. This reviewer was understandably frustrated with the continued delays as she was obviously being
pressured by her contractor for the materials in order to complete the job. Her demand for an explanation as to the 'why' of the delay could not meaningfully be answered at that time, as the answer goes far beyond the scope of the matter at hand and would not have solved
the immediate problem. Therefore, at this point I feel it important to give a brief, cursory explanation of the whys of manufacturing delays. The past couple of years has seen much downturn and consequently turmoil in the local economy. Many factories and
suppliers have felt the brunt of this turmoil. This has resulted in layoffs, reduced raw material inventories, human error, and general disarray, resulting in occasional delays in manufacturing time. This is being felt in many industries. This has been very
frustrating for us, being on the 'front lines', and being unable to control the problems behind us. Most of our contractor customers are acutely aware of these problems and do their best to work around them. Fortunately, situations such as the one experienced
with this client are still relatively rare, and what we can do to improve from our end is to try and step up our communications with clients even with bad news, and bring professionalism back to the forefront in every case.

More about Concept 76 Discount Window And Door Ltd.

www. discountdoor. com - Suppliers for bargain-priced surplus and seconds Doors and Windows. We also provide a large variety of custom-built door and window products aimed to the contractor or do-it-yourselfer who are interested in receiving very competitive value for the money. Since 1976, we are a Family-owned, Family-run business, ...
Looking for Windows & Doors Installation & Service pros in Toronto?