Concept 76 Discount Window And Door Ltd.

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
4476 Chesswood Drive, Unit 5 Toronto ON M3J 2B9
Windows & Doors Installation & Service
Concept 76 Discount Window And Door Ltd.

Reviews for Concept 76 Discount Window And Door Ltd.

Barry in North York
Barry in North York

Custom Order - No customer service

I see a lot of mixed reviews on this company. The company is quite delightful to deal with, unless you expect anyone to answer the phone or return your call. I placed a custom order in mid-July with a promise of 5 weeks. Tomorrow it will be 7 weeks. I wouldn't mind so much if they'd have the decency to update the ETA on this, but they refuse. I need to arrange things on my end for installation, but they couldn't care less. I've left countless messages and even caught up with Neil who promised to check into it and get back to me. He hasn't despite several follow up calls. I don't know whether I'll ever see this order. If they can't answer a basic customer service question, I've got big concerns. Maybe I'll have to go elsewhere to get this done. Suggest staying away from this company unless you're prepared to wait until they're ready to deal with you.

Doors

I called Concept76 in regards to interior Shaker doors for my newly renovated house, to see what they provide and prices. Daniel was very helpful with all my questions and he made it a very nice experience. They had most of the sizes that I needed in stock and only had to wait 5 days for the other ones to come in. I did ask for delivery which they provided right on time. It was an overall great experience and I would highly recommended them.

Thank you, Tony for your review. We try!
I will forward your comments to Daniel.

Dan in Mount Albert
Dan in Mount Albert
1 review Mount Albert, ON

Best place for window glass replacement!

This is the second time that I have replaced all of the window glass in a house that I have lived in and I was even more impressed this time if that is even possible. The positive experience starts with the excellent service that you receive. They are there to answer all of your questions and make sure that they understand your expectations and budget. Next come the fast delivery and efficient installation. This last job required replacing window glass throughout the house in December. Job was completed with very little disruption to my family. Lastly, the quality of product is outstanding. The difference was noticeable literally minutes after the new glass was installed. I have also converted regular builder front doors into elegant entry doors will full length glass. I will continue to recommend this company and of course use them for all my glass replacement and entry door needs.

Thank you for taking the time to write. Your kind words are most appreciated and we hope that we can be of service once again in the future!

Service

What an amazing place to go to. I walked into their business in complete shock. Their showroom and warehouse is spotless and so organized. It is nice and bright in there and it made me feel like home. I approached one of the workers, and asked for help. Told him I was looking for a new door for my house. He then said “no problem, of course I can help you” I gave him all my details and he helped me by showing me around and showing me all my options. I was very pleased with him and very pleased with the price for a brand new custom door. The overall experience was very nice. I do highly recommend the place.

Your kind words are most appreciated. It is very important for us to keep our place neat, tidy and businesslike while being friendly at the same time. It is also important for us to have knowledgeable, experienced staff to best serve our clients. Thank you

MelC in North York
MelC in North York

Amazing experience with a great company!

Such a great experience with this company! Worked with Daniel to find the perfect door and sidelight to replace our dingy front door! Amazing customer service from start to finish! Daniel even helped us arrange for installation which was just top notch! Happy to report that the door looks AMAZING and the install was done so well and meticulously! Everyone was great to deal with and we still get compliments on our front door! Thanks Dan and Concept 76 Discount Window and Door for all your hard work and commitment to excellence!! (Before and after pictures)

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. We are most certainly glad that things went well for you from start to finish--that is always our goal!

Caroline in Mississauga
Caroline in Mississauga

FRENCH DOOR

Had ordered a french door from this company...nothing too fancy! Door came and my husband picked up the door. I noticed that the bevelling on the door was on the wrong side so we brought back the door. It was said they could switch the beveling while we waited. Well we waited while they switched the beveling but in order for them to do that they left the door very banged up. I didn't think that i should take the door like that considering I payed over $400 for that door. They were not very impressed and said they would order me a new door. A few days later I got an email from Neil saying that after consideration they decided to give me back my money. Well I guess they figured I should have taken the banged up door. No way!! They are rude and they do not know how to smile to customers! Everyone walks around with a serious face. You walk in and no one acknowledges you. Will not buy anything from them again.

Thank you for your comments. We are truly sorry you felt that you had a bad experience with us. This was a paint-grade door which in its natural state will have very minor flaws. These flaws are always covered with the first coat of paint. Indeed when a door is being handled and installed on-site, the pros always keep a little bit of wood filler on hand in order to fix those inevitable little mishaps. Although we offered to order another door, in the end this was one of those occasions where we felt that it was only in the best interest of the customer to refund the purchase price in full, giving you the opportunity to find a product which more closely meets your expectations.

Valerie & Heather in
Valerie & Heather in

I feel bad for spending my money here

It’s too bad this place had the product we needed for an odd sized door. They are so rude! Worst customer service ever. We visited twice, no one was interested in talking to us in the empty showroom. When they did talk to us. They were blasie and a little condisending. We got conflicting information from different employees. The second time I walked in and an employee was standing right by the door... looked at me, no hello, recognition, nothing! Rude!
The first visit our door was loaded into the car for me. The second time the man stood on the loading dock and I asked if I should back the car up more and he said, “just come pick it up”. So in the rain, with my child in the car he made me (woman) lift the solid wood door off the loading dock, at 4ft height, and put it in my car by myself.
Nice. Don’t go here if you value human decency.

We are sorry things didn't seem to work out this time around. It would be best to call to discuss your concerns with the owner of the business before posting a negative review; indeed, you are invited to do so! In our 42 years of business we find that in less than 1% of cases there can be misunderstandings or extenuating circumstances surrounding a transaction, and resolution is always possible.

Julia in Markham
Julia in Markham

Great experience!

I got my interior doors from Concept 76, and I am satisfied!!! The order was last minute and they met my timeline unlike 20 other companies I called that told me few weeks wait period. Also, they beat everyone for the cost of the doors. I was dealing with Neil, and he provided me with an excellent service. I would highly recommend them!!!

Thank you Julia for your kind words. We aim to please!

HoodJ
HoodJ

4 closet doors

I discovered Concept 76 through a google search. After making a call I visited their warehouse and went through some options with Daniel. Within a couple of days I called and placed an order with Neil for 4 solid wood closet doors. Discount billed me immediately, which was around $700. I was told by Daniel the closet doors would take 3 weeks to arrive as they were coming from oversees. At this time our renovation wasn't starting for 4 weeks and the doors wouldn't be needed to near the end of the work, which our contractor told us would be 4 weeks. I called after 3 weeks and Neil had no update other than they had been delayed. Over the following 4 weeks I called once per week and rarely got a call back. Eventually by week 8 Neil called to say they would be arriving the next week. They arrived 9 weeks after the order was placed. I understand that delays can happen but expect to be kept informed. Sadly the customer service in this respect is severely lacking. Even when I picked the closet doors up today there was no apology for the delay. My advice is that Discount may be good if you can find something in their showroom to pick up there and then. If you have to order something my experience is that it will take longer than what Neil or Daniel will tell you and don't expect either to call you to update you. Expect to do that yourself.

Toronto Homeowner in Toronto
Toronto Homeowner in Toronto

Front Door System

Our Visa was charged $2,000 + deposit for a front door system in February 2016. It is now June 21/2016 and we have promises from Mike but no front door system nor even a date as to when it might be installed. Yes, you must chase this company, they do not proactively keep you informed. We used on recommendation of a designer, then found that the designer only uses them for in stock products, not custom orders. Mike's expertise in picking the door system was very satisfactory. If only we had the door! Once we get the front door installed, we'll update this review.

More about Concept 76 Discount Window And Door Ltd.

www. discountdoor. com - Suppliers for bargain-priced surplus and seconds Doors and Windows. We also provide a large variety of custom-built door and window products aimed to the contractor or do-it-yourselfer who are interested in receiving very competitive value for the money. Since 1976, we are a Family-owned, Family-run business, ...
Looking for Windows & Doors Installation & Service pros in Toronto?