HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Toronto  >  Enercare Home Services
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Enercare Home Services

Peter at Yonge and Eglinton

I recently had a new high efficiency boiler and water heater installed. after 14 years rental, they want to charge me $75 for pickup of the old (rusty) water heater.

In addition, even though i phoned in the cancellation, i still have to wait 48 hrs for them to process it.

No professionalism at all. Business practices with NO ethics.

Don't deal with these guys!

Job Price

Hi Peter- If you do not want to utilize our pick up service, there is the option for you to drop off the water heater directly to one of locations free of charge. Please see the following link for more information. https://www.enercare.ca/sites/default/files/assets/library/pdfs/rental_return_drop_off_locations.pdf

Michael S from Toronto

I really wish I had some positive things to say about this company but the way they've handled my situation has been awful.
4 days ago I found my water heater has been leaking all over my basement floor. So much so, that the central drain couldn't handle the amount of water that was leaking, and it carried over to my rec-room where it damaged my carpet, walls, appliances and furniture.
I've called several times to see if my situation could be escalated but it's been 4 days since I opened my claim and I've yet to hear back from an Enercare representative.
The times that I did call I was greeted negatively by a associate on the phone and when I politely asked if there was someone else that could help me she replied that it would take 3 days for someone to call me back.
I'm shocked at this poor level of customer service, I really tried my hardest to remain calm and polite in order to get this resolved but sadly I feel like my business isn't valued.
I would really like it if someone would contact me to help me resolve this.

With all this being said, having a new water heater installed was a decent process - the staff that came out were knowledgeable and helpful.

2 reviews York Regional Municipality, ON

Within a day of calling the Company for a quote, their representative Fernando Mirijello over the next day who was very clear in his review of the various options for me. He arranged for a pre-fitting the day with the install crew, Mike Menary and Gord White, who arrived right on time. They were back within the week and did a great job installing the new equipment. They were courteous, punctual and finished on time. They left the place, particularly my furnace room, tidy and organized. I am very happy.

Iron Mike S. in
1 review , ON

Short story, most unprofessional and disorganized company ever.
I had a leaking rental hot water heater in October. A rep came to shut it off but refused to remove it citing "code" . We were told that we would have to cut up our floor and remove it that way. We decided against renos at this time and continued to use our other heater (we have 2).
After having some other workers in the house, we were told that there is no issue for removing the tank THAT WE WERE STILL PAYING RENT ON!!! This was confirmed by a rep who came over to see what the situation was. He booked a removal and told me I would be refunded the rental of the non working equipment.
Waited for four hours on removal date and nobody showed up.
Called in and was treated rudely by the person on the phone. Was told that I had no appointment. Why would I take the day off if I had no appointment? I asked about the promised refund and they had no record of that. After a 1 hour phone call a removal was scheduled for the next day.

I called the next morning to make sure that somebody was coming, somebody indeed had a time booked to come out, no word on the payback of the rental fees on the broken tank. I was told that I would be called back in 4 hours, but nobody called.
I called them back and was hung up on by their system twice. When I finally got through, I finally reached a manager who told me I would get a credit, not refund, and for wasting my time (5 hours) they would credit me 2 months rental ($30). So now I have to stick with this terrible company for another 8 months to get value from the credits before getting another provider.
If you like mistruths, rude call centres and wasted time, this is your provider.
PS I wrote mistruths because the word L I E S is prohibited

1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Enercare reminded me that my furnace, AC and gas fireplace needed annual maintenance. The tech was on time, well trained, and his focus on safety and operating effectiveness is appreciated. He found that our gas fireplace was leaking CO and was able to help us understand our options for ensuring our family safety while enjoying an environmentally friendly choice for our family comfort.

Job Price

A huge thank you from start to finish goes to amazing team starting with consultant Ken Carson who’s professionalism, casual approach, non pressure sales call to our home (on a weekend to boot) spending all the time needed to answer questions and options available to us it was a tremendous pleasure dealing with him and finally meeting a sales consultant that said and did everything promised he is a huge asset to this organization to the Team Leader Brad and his 2 day crew my husband and myself could not have been more pleased with the service, the attitudes, the easy of the installation, these guys worked hard and went above and beyond they treated our home like it was their own, everything clean neat and new, this crew was beyond professional and represented Enercare perfectly, they as well as Ken are great assets to the company, I am not sure if all the crews work like this team did but if not they could take lessons from them ALL. This was the most professional sales and installation call we have seen in a very long time. KUDOS Ken and Brad and thank you for all that you did, keep up the FANTASTIC WORK!!! it was a pleasure doing business with you all...Thank you Ken Carson, Brad and Enercare!!!!

Michael Robert from Ottawa
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

The gentleman by the name Chris G arrived at our home and was very pleasant and professional. He did the service quickly and efficiently. When done he explained what he found or didn't find in a clear, concise way. I was very happy with the whole experience.

Job Price

We're glad to hear this Michael! We'll certainly pass your feedback along to Chris.

Muhmabare in
1 review East Gwillimbury, ON

monday, may 22, long weekend holiday, toilets backing up and showers. Guy came out snaked two toilets, said he couldn't do it and wasn't sure why they sent him, booked contractor for next day 2-6. phoned 4 different times making sure they were coming. Was told at 8:45 contractor would be out in 30-45 mins. If not, I could call again. at 9:30 called again to be told they had been closed since 8 and no one would be coming. New appt. for next day 6-10. Another night of peeing outside. Had to call a neighbour at 10:15 when I finally got off the phone to ask if I could come down to have a shower! Horrible service! Absolutely unacceptable. Can't wait for tomorrow!

Job Price

This is very disappointing to hear. Can you please email me at [email protected] with your account details so that I can assist? Thank you!

Courteous, friendly, knowledgable Enercare technician. Fixed my problem in a timely manner.

The work was covered under my protection plan. The sink runs really well now and the clog is fixed. The toilet flushes well again now as well.

Job Price

Thanks for sharing your experience! We're glad to hear that your equipment is now functioning as it should :)

1 review York Regional Municipality, ON

Enercare was very professional, they have resources that previous contractors did not, my part arrived by currier later in the day and another technician returned in the evening and my furnace was working later the same day, other companies have left me down for days, I will recommend this company to anyone needing furnace or a/c repairs

More about Enercare Home Services

As one of North America's largest home and commercial services and energy solutions companies, Enercare is a leading provider of water heaters, water treatment, furnaces, air conditioners and other HVAC rental products, plumbing services, protection plans and related services. With operations in Canada and the United States, Enercare serves approximately 1.6 million customers annually.

For more information on Enercare visit enercare.ca or call 1-855-255-5458