HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Toronto  >  Enercare Home Services

Reviews for Enercare Home Services

JM from Ajax
6 reviews Ajax, ON

Called to cancel a heating protection plan as I had a new furnace and A/C installed by a local contractor who beat the Enercare quote by over $3000!!
Was advised that my plan had automatically renewed two months ago and that I would have to pay the remaining 10 months to get out of the contract. Over an hour on the phone and no resolution.
Moral of the story-Don't use this company.

Hi JM- A reminder is sent annually prior to the renewal anniversary date alerting you that your plan is set to renew. Similar to most contracts, there are costs associated with opting out of the contract early. To review the Terms and Conditions of your contract, please see here: https://www.enercare.ca/sites/default/files/assets/library/pdfs/enercare_terms_and_conditions_nov_21_2016.pdf

Ansar in Mississauga

My hot water heater is (not for much longer) rented from Enercare for the last 7 years. I called them in to ask them to look at the hot water heater as over the winter the water isn't hot enough for us.
Their technician came in and indicated it was a flow valve that was the cause and said that I had to replace it and promptly offered a service plan.
I said no and got my own plumber to replace it. After the replacement, the plumber and I inspected the valve and there was no issue with it. The Enercare technician had no idea how the valve worked so he assumed it was stuck.
I called to complain and they offered me another service plan. I escalated to a manager, they asked me to send the bill to them; two weeks later they finally call me and say that its not their problem.

J. in Toronto

exhaust blower failed and needed replacement. the repairman showed up promptly well within the time they told us, immediately identified the source of the problem, and produced replacement part within minutes. Couldn't be happier with the service, and a great guy too! Thanks, Joseph. C. Graham, Toronto.

Steven Easter in Kitchener

I was in a existing contract month to month. Advised Enercare I was moving. Was charge the balance of 12 months and not given the option of carrying over to new address before they cancelled account. Heads up on this companies practices. Not a happy customer.

1 review Lindsay, ON

I had a maintenance Plan. I bought the house 4 years ago. In November when I called after being triple billed they told me my warranty was up in February. I agreed to a plan where they show up within hours if the furnace goes out. I wasn't made aware it also included maintenance (cleaning) and my other plan wasn't needed. Now I have 2 plans one of which is not needed. They refuse to admit they should have told me I didn't need the original plan. I could have waited a month and a half to clean the furnace. Either their customer service agents are inept or are preying on customers to lock in unnecessary plans. They think I'm wrong and should pay double for the unneeded service. Slightly arrogant.

Jq in Toronto

Worst company ever to deal with. Do not get any plans from these people. Over priced and when you cancel they charge you for the full year. 7year old hot water tank and I have to pay $800 to buy it out. They are advantage takers and take advantage of people. Do not buy anything or rent anything from them. Horrible business practice.
Shop around. Just lost a customer

Lisa  from Toronto

found hot water heater leaking. called at noon Sat and had replacement installed by Sat at 6 pm. amazing service. Initial contact to end of installation - couldn't be happier. very clear about our responsibility under contract.

Read this before renting hot water tank with Enercare Home Services. As a matter of fact I would read this before renting anything from this company.

I purchased a home which came with a 3 year old rental hot water tank. After I moved in, I received my Enbridge invoice which also had the rental fee for the water heater tank. Rental fee is $27 + tax per month. I decided to do some math to see if I could afford to buy it out. I called the Enercare and asked how much it would cost to buy out the tank and I was quoted $1350. Remember, this is a 3 year old tank which only come with remainder of manufacturer warranty. So, I decided to shop around and found out the exact same brand 50 Gallon tank I can purchase from home depot for $880 + tax + installation which works out to around $1200.

I called back Enercare and asked them if they can do anything to reduce the price since it is an older tank and I was told they cannot. I explained to the agent how it does not make sense for me to pay more money for an old tank when I can get a brand new one installed with warranty for cheaper price. She said it’s the price that’s showing on her computer and she cannot do anything. So I asked her if I could cancel the rental agreement and I was told I cannot do that either – apparently, once you start renting you have to either buy out the tank for the price they quote you or rent until the end of life of the tank. Now I’m on the hook to keep renting until the tank breaks down to a point where it needs to be replaced or buy it out.
I understand businesses need to make money, but they must understand this is a rip off. Also, the agent kept agreeing with what I was explaining and kept repeating “I understand you sir, but it’s in the agreement”. Let’s be realistic here, who actually reads through the fine print?
My recommendation is if you are in the market for hot water tank, either finance it or buy a new one and stay away from Enercare. New ones comes with 6 years warranty and very rarely hot water tanks break down.

Ed Carey

The individuals representing this company are untrustworthy and lack integrity. To begin with the sales representative, Barry K, lacked knowledge about the products, the specific requirements for the house and over promised to get the sale. He committed to having two crews arrive at the house by 830 am to do the job in the dead of winter so we could complete all work within the day or at maximum a day and a half. This seemed reasonable and thought that based upon the plan we would at least have hot water and heat by the end of the day..with the air conditioner being pushed to the next day. On the day of the installation, ONE person showed up (not two crews) and arrived at 1130 am. Despite the calls to the sales person on the same day about getting another crew to fulfill the commitments, only one person was given to the job. I called the sales rep and pleaded to have another crew work on the furnace as the day was coming to a close. No action. At the end of the first day the installer left at 8 pm and we only had hot water. We had NO HEAT and it was -10 C that night. We have a 2 month old child in the house...unbelievable. The next day, the installer returned at 1030 am to work on the furnace and install the AC. I asked the installer about the 2 ton coil he was about to install in the furnace when I know that I had purchased a 2.5 ton unit. He tried to convince me that it was adequate and I should have no worry. I indicated to him that I had purchased a 2.5 ton and suggested he get clarity from the sales rep before proceeding. At the end of the day, there was a discussion about the installation and Enercare wanted me to sign documents that indicate the job was completed as purchased. I insisted that I was not getting the equipment I paid for. He asked me not to escalate the issue as he would not 'get the big jobs' in the future. I called the sales representative and again a complete mismanagement of the situation. The sales rep asked the installer to leave and that they would correct the situation...specifically that the installer would come back and re-install a new 2.5 ton coil. He has come back and I feel I have had to watch him through the whole process. No integrity. Not trustworthy. At no time has the sales rep come back to the house to meet with us. In fact he avoids my calls and just wants this situation to 'go away'. I feel like I have been taken. I have requested from Enercare to have a Quality Control review of the work done because I have doubts about the completeness and correctness. I would think twice and do your homework before working with Enercare in the future. I will NOT recommend them to anyone and in fact have shared this story over and over.

dennis jubb

Had enercare come in to quote replacement furnace and ac, single state Amana furnace and air conditioner 12000 dollars, had Lennox furnace top of the line signature series quoted with smart wifi thermostat 11000.
Installed the Lennox system and will never have any dealings with enercare again.
Wanted to buy out my hot water tank 1259 dollars for a five year old water tank that's 800 bucks at the store.
I'm paying it out so I never see their name again on any bill.
Run don't walk from enercare

More about Enercare Home Services

As one of North America's largest home and commercial services and energy solutions companies, Enercare is a leading provider of water heaters, water treatment, furnaces, air conditioners and other HVAC rental products, plumbing services, protection plans and related services. With operations in Canada and the United States, Enercare serves approximately 1.6 million customers annually.

For more information on Enercare visit enercare.ca or call 1-855-255-5458