Enercare Home Services

HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Toronto  >  Enercare Home Services
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Enercare Home Services

Bruce and Judy Hygh from Ottawa
11 reviews Ottawa, ON

Pierre, our technical service representative was polite, on time, knowledgeable and profficient. He gave us a thorough review of the condition of the unit and suggested cleaning the air ducts to improve its efficiency. We are going to do this. Would highly recommend the use of Enercare to others.

Job Price

Thanks Bruce and Judy! We're so glad to hear that you had such a great experience with us.

Chris Perez from Toronto

The sales person, Victor, was very knowledgeable and inspired trust. He explained all of our options thoroughly and essentially gave us a furnace and a/c 101 course! He wasn't pushy at all.

The install happened like clockwork. The team arrived and, despite it being a challenging install (a very tight furnace room!) they finished the job in one day. The new equipment seems to be well installed and works perfectly.

Job Price

Hi Chris- Thanks for sharing! Happy to hear you had such a positive experience with us. Your note is much appreciated!

Peter at Yonge and Eglinton

I recently had a new high efficiency boiler and water heater installed. after 14 years rental, they want to charge me $75 for pickup of the old (rusty) water heater.

In addition, even though i phoned in the cancellation, i still have to wait 48 hrs for them to process it.

No professionalism at all. Business practices with NO ethics.

Don't deal with these guys!

Job Price

Hi Peter- If you do not want to utilize our pick up service, there is the option for you to drop off the water heater directly to one of locations free of charge. Please see the following link for more information. https://www.enercare.ca/sites/default/files/assets/library/pdfs/rental_return_drop_off_locations.pdf

Bruce from Toronto

I've been an Enercare home service and water heater rental plan subscriber for many years.

Event #1 -This year my furnace died after about 23 years of service, of which, I've been on the Enecare Furnance plan for 17 of those years. Over the years the service guys have done a great job cleaning and supporting the furnace. However, when it came time to replacing the furnance the sales, and administration groups were a nightmare to deal with. The sales person tried to sell me a top of the line furnace/air conditioner combination. I asked him if he could do better on the price, and he said "Enercare believes in fixed price offerings, so no he couldn't do better". He would, however, save me a little money on the air conditioner install. The price was so high that I decided to go out for a second quote. The second quote came in at about 60% of Enercare's pricing. It wasn't entirely an apples to apples quote, but it was close enough for me to know that I was being sold a bill of goods by Enercare. I told the Enercare salesperson that his price was over the top. He came back with basically a revised version of his quote adjusting components to match the other quote that dropped his price by about 25%. I asked him "why didn't you offer this deal originally?". No real response was forthcoming, so I decided to go with the other vendor. They did an excellent job installing the system, and I'm completely happy with the purchase.

Event #2 - Once I decided to go with the other vendor, I needed to cancel my support agreement for the furnace. I called up the rep at Enercare to cancel, and was told "oh sir, your contract anniversary date was two months ago, if you cancel now, you will need to pay us for the remaining ten months". I go "but I thought this was a month to month contract". The rep then went on to tell me that it's actually an annual contract that is billed monthly. I asked the rep to put me on no renewal, and I would just let the contract run out. The response "sorry sir, we can't do this. You need to call us 3 months before the contract is due and then we'll mark you as don't renew. I was surprised by the response given the fact that no one would design an IT system that wouldn't allow a non-renewal flag setting to be set at any time. I can see where this is all headed. I will call them in the fall, and they'll pass my call to various areas of the company to "upsell" me on keeping my plan.

Event #3, my girlfriend's house suffered a significant flood in the basement that caused her gas heater to fail. She is on a rental plan with Enercare. The Enercare service guy shows up and says the heater needs to be replaced. This is the first time an Enercare has had to come to look at the gas heater in 6+ years - the last time being when her old unit needed to be replaced. The service guy calls the sales guy, and the sales guy tries to convince her to stay on the $25/month rental plan rather than buy a new unit. According to the sales person, it's too expensive to buy a new unit ($1800), and that she has all the benefits of the care-free service plan on a tank that is expected to last 15 years. My girlfriend signs, and then calls me. I tell her to drop the rental plan and buy a new tank. She calls the salesperson to cancel, and he tells her that she still owes $1000 on the failed tank. She tells him that after 6+ years to owe $1000 on a commodity that costs possibly $1200 (worse case) is ridiculous. He then goes on to tell her about the benefits she's had with worry -free service over the past 6 years. Another ridiculous defense of very questionable sales and operating practices.
Neither my girlfriend nor I will ever use Enercare again. Their rental plans/homecare plans with APR's >20% put them in the operating class of an "Instant Cash" business. Avoid at all cost if you can afford to do so.

ripeoff in Georgina
1 review Georgina, ON

Terrible Company to deal with. Making us pay for a hot water rental tank for an extra 5 days even though it is disconnected. They refused to pick up until 5 days after they are notified.

1 review , ON

Kevin Green and Tom Hall excellent, polite, professional and efficient... very please with the work that was done ..clear and precise explanation of new equipment....the follow up duct cleaning was also excellent as well as the salesman Chris

Job Price

Thank you so much for sharing! We're glad to hear that you had this experience with Kevin, Tom and the rest of the team.

Today, Brett C. from Enercare came to repair a leaky outside tap in my back yard. Brett was very professional and did an excellent job. He was very informative and I learned a lot about vacuum breakers.
Thank you for the great service Brett!

Job Price

Thanks so much for the great feedback Chris! We agree- Brett is fantastic!

1 review , ON

Doug Sample was knowledgeable and proficient. He took his time to ensure he properly diagnosed the problem, fixed it and ensured the system was working properly. He also gave good advice.

Job Price

Thanks so much for sharing! We appreciate the great feedback.

1 review Barrie, ON

DO NOT purchase a service plan with this company, you pay them every month and when you need them it is imposable to make an appointment that works with your schedule. Awful customer service nothing was resolved.

Job Price

Hi there- Please email me at [email protected] if you require any further assistance.

Buy out 2 water tank on Feb 6/17, today is July 19/17 and Enercare is stilling billing me for 1 of the tank. Called them monthly to fix the issue and instead of removed the water tank bill, they added an additional protection plan to my bill. Spoke to customer service and even Supervisor and still billing is inccorect, I NEED HELP!!!!

Job Price

Hi there- Please email me at [email protected] with your full name and address so that I can assist. Thank you.

More about Enercare Home Services

As one of North America's largest home and commercial services and energy solutions companies, Enercare is a leading provider of water heaters, water treatment, furnaces, air conditioners and other HVAC rental products, plumbing services, protection plans and related services. With operations in Canada and the United States, Enercare serves approximately 1.6 million customers annually.

For more information on Enercare visit enercare.ca or call 1-855-255-5458