Enercare Home Services

Enercare
Owner/Manager
Customer care 1-855-556-0490 [Full profile]
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Toronto  >  Enercare Home Services
A poor reputation means there has been review tampering or a company request to remove a review.

Reviews for Enercare Home Services

JM from Ajax
6 reviews Ajax, ON

Called to cancel a heating protection plan as I had a new furnace and A/C installed by a local contractor who beat the Enercare quote by over $3000!!
Was advised that my plan had automatically renewed two months ago and that I would have to pay the remaining 10 months to get out of the contract. Over an hour on the phone and no resolution.
Moral of the story-Don't use this company.

Hi JM- A reminder is sent annually prior to the renewal anniversary date alerting you that your plan is set to renew. Similar to most contracts, there are costs associated with opting out of the contract early. To review the Terms and Conditions of your contract, please see here: https://www.enercare.ca/sites/default/files/assets/library/pdfs/enercare_terms_and_conditions_nov_21_2016.pdf

1 review Port Perry, ON

Their customer service is terrible. They back charged me over $1000 for a service I never received. And will not refund the money they charged to my gas bill. I have no way to get my money back and I never received any service from them. Beware of this company. They charge your gas bill directly and you can do nothing about it.

Jonathan in Mississauga

Our furnace started short cycling on a Saturday, and would not come on. I called in to report the fault, and a service visit was scheduled for 4 hours later. The Technician (Ed) called about an hour earlier than the appointment time, and asked if he could come in earlier, as he had completed an earlier call sooner than scheduled. So he came, and quickly found that the furnace control board was on the blink. Fortunately, after a 5 minute rummage in his van he found a new replacement board, and replaced it. Got everything up and running within an hour. Most professional and friendly service. I was so impressed, I ended up buying plumbing protection from him as well. The total cost of the repair would have been $700, so this insurance has paid itself out for the next couple of years at least! Second visit from Enercare service (the first was for the annual maintenance), and both have been very pleasant experiences.

SUSAN in Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

ENERCARE HOME GOT US HOOKED UP TO THEIR PHONY AGREEMENT FOR THEIR ' WATER HEATER RENTAL'. THIS AGREEMENT WHICH WAS PASSED ON TO US THROUGH THE BUILDER WHEN WE PURCHASED THE NEW HOUSE & IS NOW BINDING ON US THE PURCHASERS AND ALL OUR HEIRS, EVEN FOR THE NEXT PURCHASERS AFTER US. THEY ALSO STATED IN THE AGREEMENT THAT WE CANNOT WITHDRAW/CANCEL OUT OF THE AGREEMENT BY PAYING A FEE UNLESS WE AGREE TO "BUY-OUT " THE WATER HEATER FROM ENERCARE AT A OUTRAGEOUS PRICE. THEY ARE FORCING US TO BUY-OUT THE WATER HEATER FROM THEM SOMETHING THAT WE DON'T NEED AS IT IS TOO EXPENSIVE AND BEYOND OUR MEANS. WE CAN RENT AND EVEN BUY ELSEWHERE FOR MUCH MORE CHEAPER RATE. ITS OUTRAGEOUS THAT THESE PEOPLE CAN DO THIS. WILL BE ADVISING ALL MY CLOSE FRIENDS RELATIVES TO BE AWARE. (MORAL OF THE STORY, BEWARE DON'T USE THIS COMPANY).

Amanda in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

They removed my old hot water heater and installed a new tankless one. It did take the whole day as gas lines had to be run alongside the house but they were very professional and clean.

Enercare came in as scheduled. Their equipment is superior to other duct cleaners that I have seen. That gave me a lot of comfort. Their service technician is extremely knowledgeable and courteous and respectful.

He took his time to do the job well. He knew what he was doing and seemed really passionate about doing a good job.

I would highly recommend Enercare and would not use anyone else.

Thanks so much for sharing this great feedback!

Called to cancel my water heater rental. Inherited the rental when I bought the house 5 years ago and every year they raise the rent. The customer service agent was sweet while trying to convince me to stay with them while offering discounts on a new heater. Once she realized I wouldn't change my mind, her tone changed. I have to return this rental to a location in North York (I live downtown) or pay a $75 fee for pick up. Money grab. There's no way they're re-renting this equipment. Find someone else if you rent. But honestly, just buy. Will pay for itself quickly.

Mario west Toronto

My father pays annually for the furnace service contract, and recently we had to call for service. I can't recall the last time my father had to call for service, but it's probably at least 10 years. The furnace was cutting out, and the venting fan was making loud noises. I called for service. The technician came at the agreed to time, was careful not to dirty the floor by putting on indoor booties over his shoes. He quickly determined that the venting motor needed replacement. He then said he needed to inspect the heat exchanger because of the age of the furnace(21 years). His quick inspection resulted in finding a crack around a stamping weld. He promptly shut the gas and red tagged the furnace. I called a relative who installs furnaces to come over, and he suggested that due to the age of the furnace it would not be a bad idea to replace the furnace with a new high efficiency model. I had the furnace replaced, however when the old furnace was uninstalled, they could not find any cracks in the heat exchanger. I really doubt there was any problem with the heat exchanger, and this service company is simply out to make a few bucks, and they have the power to shut down your gas equipment.

Marlo- Please note that Enercare technicians are not incentivized to red tag any equipment and are trained to follow strict procedures and to provide customer's with several options. Please email me at [email protected] if you would like to discuss further. Thank you.

Larry Moreino from Oshawa
3 reviews Oshawa, ON

Service technicians have continued to show professionalism, courtesy and have gone above and beyond the initial repairs needed. I commend you on your hiring practices and hope that you, in turn, will go above and beyond in retaining such exemplary employees.

Thanks so much for sharing Larry!

LD in Toronto

After paying for the past 12 years for the total home protection plan.
My stove broke and it’s been 2 months and they have not fixed the appliance. I have to call on weekly basis and I keep getting excuses after excuses to why it’s being delayed and that they can’t do anything about it. They are ok with taking people’s money but cannot supply a service once it’s needed. I have also requested for a manager to contact me and it’s been over a week and no one has been in touch with me. I have not had a stove for 2 month, I am not able to use it and it’s costing me lots of money by ordering out because of this inconvenience. The part has been delayed 5 times, they can’t give me a definite date to when they will have it replaced. Unreliable and terrible company to deal with!!!!

Hi there- As discussed, Enercare unfortunately has no control over parts delivery. I understand that we are working closely with you to ensure that this is resolved as soon as possible. Thank you.

More about Enercare Home Services

As one of North America's largest home and commercial services and energy solutions companies, Enercare is a leading provider of water heaters, water treatment, furnaces, air conditioners and other HVAC rental products, plumbing services, protection plans and related services. With operations in Canada and the United States, Enercare serves approximately 1.6 million customers annually.

For more information on Enercare visit enercare.ca or call 1-855-255-5458