Demetris Floor Sanding

Reviews for Demetris Floor Sanding

gail
gail

Wood floor refinishing

I liked the 7 finger mahogany parquet floors in the (old)condo we had bought; but wth over thirty years of use the old floor had seen a lot of lifting, water damage and just plain abuse and use. I found Demetris on HomeStars and he and his team truly worked wonders. Demetris mended, fixed, replaced parquet tiles where necessary; then sanded, stained, finished ...and we now have a truly beautiful wooden floor throughout. Other folks in the condo cannot believe it is the original floor. In addition to the floor, Demetris had one of his team install new 2 1/2 " baseboards on our older and oddly angled walls and he did the most thorough,timely and exact work. Demetris' rates are fair, he and and his team are punctual, always clean up ...and the workmanship cannot be matched. Would give him 11 out of 10 if I could.

Scott in Trinity-Bellwoods
Scott in Trinity-Bellwoods

Refinishing of oak flooring throughout 3 storey home

I've got nothing but good things to say about Demetris. I actually had contacted him in 2011 through HomeStars and was impressed with him then, but my project got delayed. Fast forward to December 2015 and I asked a contractor friend if he knew any good flooring people. He mentioned Demetris, which gave me even more assurance. He came and did the work when he said he would and did a fabulous job. He turned beat up floors into something that looked like a brand new install, and even put in a few threshold pieces that were missing. He came back about a week later to follow up on a couple of minor deficiencies and was a pleasure to work with the whole process. His rates were very fair and my new contractors were so impressed with his work that they intend to work with him in the future. My highest recommendation.

Josephine Osadec from Toronto
Josephine Osadec from Toronto

refinishing floors

I have nothing but excellent things to say about Demetris and his team. They are reliable, on time and on budget. The work was completed within the timeline given to me. The finished product is worthwhile and makes the upstairs look more inviting. I highly recommend Demetris and his team for any work on hardwood floors.

Semi in High Park
Semi in High Park

New hardwood floors

We have only good things to say about Demetris and his team! They gave great advice, worked fast and efficiently, did an excellent job, charged what they said they would charge, left the worksite clean, and best of all they were a pleasure to have in our home.

mike stairs from Toronto
mike stairs from Toronto

replacement floor

Demetris did a great job replacing our whole first floor, and refinishing our steps. He and his team clearly care about their trade. He showed up when scheduled and worked around our furniture and the timetables of the rest of the renovation that was occurring in parallel. The rare honest and fair tradesman! He will be returning in the summer to do our second and third floors. Can't recommend him enough!

J
J

Hardwood Floor Refinishing

Thank you Demetris for refinishing our family room. I selected Demetris based on homestar reviews and he delivered an outstanding service. He came to my home to review the project and provided a quote on the spot. What is surprising is that Demetris stands behind his service and only accepts payment when the customer is satisfied upon completion, which is unheard of these days. The day of the service, Demetris sanded the floor and showed us the stain options to our satisfaction, so we would know how the floors would turn out at the end. After sanding and staining, Demetris came back 3 consecutive days to apply 3 coats of polyurethane for lasting quality for years to come. Outstanding!

Sammie   from Toronto
Sammie from Toronto

Floor Refinishing

Demetris was everything you can ask for in a contractor - knowledgeable, courteous, friendly, hard working, accommodating, prompt and his work is excellent. He came when he said, did what he said he would do plus some extra's and left my home clean and my floors beautiful. He even agreed to come back after the floors cured and help move a couple of heavy pieces of furniture. I highly recommend Demetris for any flooring project.

gail handley from Toronto
gail handley from Toronto

Remove old and install, stain, and finish new hardwood floors

In the past, I’ve had bad luck having my wood floors refinished. Thankfully, I have since found Demetris on Homestars. As so many others have already mentioned, Demetris and his crew arrive on time, do an especially beautiful job, leave the place immaculate, and finish on time. But, more than that—Demetris is a rare soul. Not only is he kind and honest, but he sincerely wants his client to be thrilled with the results, and endeavors to make it happen without causing any stress. How rare is that? Demetris is my knight in shining armor.

John from Toronto
John from Toronto
3 reviews Old Toronto, ON

Hardwood Floor Refinishing

When we removed the carpets we found the old hardwood floors to be in very poor condition. However Demetris did some repair work and was able to restore them. He recommended not staining the floors because of the inlaid patterns - this was also cheaper for us! The floors look amazing and draw very positive comments from our guests. Demetris was pleasant, punctual, and very professional. We highly recommend him.

More about Demetris Floor Sanding

Install Prefinished/ Unfinished Hardwood, Repair, Sand, Stain, Refinish.
Looking for Floor Laying & Refinishing pros in York?