Decora Window & Door Systems

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
45 Connie Cres, Unit A & B Concord ON L4K1L3
HomeStars  >  Windows & Doors Installation & Service in Concord  >  Decora Window & Door Systems

Reviews for Decora Window & Door Systems

Decora Windows

I purchased a brand new builder home in 2008 .
All the windows had a Decora Windows sticker on them. I first noticed what i thought was condensation on one window then two then three and then a few years later all of the windows.

I wish Decora windows would man up and stand behind thier products, but i cant even find this company. I heard they claimed bankruptcy.

Does anyone know if they still exist or have any helpful advice.

There should be laws to protect home buyers from this type of situation.
Oh yea thats write there is TARION , what a joke.

condensation

most of the windows in my house have condensation and some are so bad that you can barely see thru. It will cost me thousands of $$ to replace them.

Lynn from Richmond Hill
Lynn from Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Windows

Our windows look like they are all fogging up. I understand this is a leakage of the gas between the panes. We used Decora Windows throughout when we built our house. I should have addressed it when I saw it in the first year but I didn't realize it was due to faulty window construction. I have not yet talked to Decora but from what I have seen in blogs, my chances of getting them all replaced seems nil to none.

Victoria Francone from Los Gatos
Victoria Francone from Los Gatos
1 review Guadalupe (Historical), CA

Decora Doors-Entry door

BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE
Decora Doors is of lowest quality. We ordered a very expensive entry door which started to warp within one month of installation.
WITH ONLY 2 DAYS FROM RECEIVING TILL INSTALLATION COVERED FROM THE ELEMENTS NOR WAS THERE ANY RAIN. The insulation between the windows in the side lites have also started to fail AND WARP.
The company will not replace the product even after numerous contacts and clearly within the warranty time. This door warped in January when it is relatively out of all weather at 1 month old.
BEWARE OF THIS TERRIBLE COMPANY AND THIER SUBSTANDARD PRODUCTS.
THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND NEVER RESOLVE YOUR ISSUES WITH THE PRODUCTS.

michael schorpp in Toronto
michael schorpp in Toronto
3 reviews North York, ON

Windows and doors

I used Decora for the new windows and doors in our 2 car garage. Instead of buying them through my contractor, I dealt with Decora directly-big mistake! Right from the start the customer service rep was rushed and wanted to be done as soon as possible. I had all the construction drawings out for the initial meeting but Decora still made the windows incorrectly. The CSR had new windows made but when I went to check on those they couldn't find them! The CSR seemed to shut down at that point. Whenever I would call he said they were looking for the windows. When I went over in person he said he was too busy to help me and to come back in a few days. Finally I went one day when my CSR wasn't there. I spoke to another CSR who showed me their storage area. I then looked through a huge section of windows and found my replacement windows. They had been mislabelled and had not been fully assembled. I ended up waiting another 2 hours while they put the windows together.

GP in Richmond hill
GP in Richmond hill
4 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

New Home Windows

New Aspen Ridge home in 2008 with all new windows. After 1st year, seal breaks on one window and we have condensation between both panes of glass. With some fighting through Aspen Ridge and Decora, Decora replaces the window. Fast forward to 2013 and one-by-one the windows are all resulting in broken seals and condensation inside the window panes. Decora is out of business and Aspen Ridge replies with a one liner of a new company they're dealing with (1. Not that we're covered (i.e. likely out-of-pocket expense, 2. How much do I trust a new company that Aspen recommends when the previous one ran out of dodge?).

While I am disappointed in Decora, I am probably more disappointed in Aspen Ridge.

Will Chen from Scarborough
Will Chen from Scarborough
1 review Scarborough, ON

2005 windows

I had someone who know this neighbor contractor, so I hired him to taking measurement quoted me with very good price $4500, than when brought window for 12 of them, and install them, as install them, he says made mistake on calculation, so add another $ 2000 so I paid, now every window is so call thermo protect by argon gas, all them are leaking moisture inside (between) 2 pane glasses, these windows are used some poorly mixture of the seal are expanded and cracked up the frame of the window, now I am looking for another set window, this company sale contract so terrible too, not trust for next time, less than 7 years old window. need replacement again.

roy gudnason from Brampton
roy gudnason from Brampton

Windows

I had 7 windows from Decora installed on my new house, the seal on the thermal panes on 5 of the 7 windows failed, 1st one after 1 year. Very poor quality

Flux D.
Flux D.

Doors and Windows

Crappy! windows were crappy, the sales person was crappy…the Measurers/installers were even worse. They missed windows, never came when they said they were, and it took over 3 weeks to get my windows put in. They installed and replaced my casing around the windows as that is what I had paid for. The casings had to be replaced, as the installers didn’t know what they were doing and it was unprofessional. When I asked for some money back due to my unforeseen costs, I received no phone calls back. I’ve never dealt with such a lowly company…never will again, and can’t tell people enough how not to go with Decora

Dan from Vaughan
Dan from Vaughan
1 review Concord, ON

Goodwood, Poor Windows

Just purchased a home in Goodwood, Ontario. Of the 28 windows over 50% of them have cracked seals and several of the handles are broken. It seems odd that SO MANY or the seals are broken. Some windows are so cloudy that you can't see through them. We keep the shutters closed most of the time. I noticed that all windows were produced by DECORA in 2002.
If you are purchasing a home or plan to change your windows I would ADVISE AGAINST using this company and check the window stamps before you buy a home. If you are a builder, don't put these in new homes. Oh, and the DECORA Company phone number is no longer in service. I wonder if they are? Time to make a drive to Concord... Good Luck!

More about Decora Window & Door Systems