Davenport Campbell Co Ltd-

151 Bentley St, Unit 1 Markham ON L3R 3X9
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Unionville  >  Davenport Campbell Co Ltd-

Reviews for Davenport Campbell Co Ltd-

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Poor ability and willingness to solve problems with A/C

This company installed our very large space pack air conditioner about 25 years ago - maybe more. They also replaced the original cooling unit a few of years ago.
I have always had our system serviced with Davenport Campbell. Annually.
For the past several years every time the temperature goes above 30°, the unit shuts off. I have complained to the service people about it and they have actually said:
1. They fixed it (they didn't. It continued to do the same thing)
2. We keep the cooling temperature too low (it made no difference what temp we kept it at)
3. When it gets too hot, it's normal for the system to shut down (30° is NOT too hot for an A/C unit of this size!)
They are never available on off hours and weekends to come and service the product if it breaks down.
I wrote to the VP of the company to tell them how unhappy we were. I got no response.
They are defensive if you complain about anything. The technicians clearly don't know enough to solve cooling problems. They have never done anything to solve this problem.
I am telling you this now so that you can STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY for air conditioning. You will be much better served by AtlasCare or any other company that installs and services Spacepaks. Just not this one.

Gordon Chin from North York
Gordon Chin from North York

Furnace repair

I am very satisfied with the excellent service and professionalism. Andrew and Steve answered and handled all my concerns promptly. My problem furnace was quickly diagnosed and rectified during the heat wave in July. I Will definitely recommend and refer to family and friends. Thank you.

Nicole
Nicole
11 reviews ,

Thorough and professional - great service

I recently needed to replace my furnace and water heater, as my old units were still venting via my (130 year old) chimney and this was causing issues.

I had two vendors come in to give me a quote, and Tyler from Davenport Campbell was extremely thorough - looked at the whole house, all the duct work, measured output. It was impressive. The other vendor proposed a hot water tank that, as it turns out, wouldn't have had enough clearance in my low basement.

Installation happened within a few days, was done very thoroughly, and they cleaned everything up. They even came back free of charge when the Nest thermostat I'd bought turned out to be defective, to re-install the new one.

My thanks to the team and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

They Abandon Customers!

Davenport Campbell (DC) recommended and installed a Triangle Tube gas boiler (furnace) for us in 2007. From the outset, it was a problem as it failed to restart except manually from time to time. Service calls got it going again, always with something repaired or replaced, but when we suggested we had a "lemon" we were always told they'd fixed it. Then the warranty expired! This past November, it stopped again but this time they couldn't seem to repair it despite several service calls. Further, DC apparently had similar problems with other Triangle Tube products and was not selling or installing them anymore! By Christmas, the furnace had to be restarted manually every time it stopped, and then the restart system started to fail. Christmas Eve DC refused to send anyone to get it going again, said they'd done everything they could and were all in holidays until after New Year's. So there we were with an unreliable furnace, in winter, and the company who'd installed and serviced this equipment unable to fix it! For over 4 weeks, the house temperature ranged between 50 degrees and 78 degrees (once it was started, we were afraid to turn the thermostat down in case the furnace wouldn't restart). We've since learned from other companies that Triangle Tube was a poor choice for our heating needs, that it was improperly installed, and that Triangle Tube has a history of poor service. The bottom line, though, is that Davenport Campbell abandoned us in winter with unreliable heat. This is inexcusable and I would not recommend this company to anyone!

CG in toronto
CG in toronto

Furnace

We have used Davenport & Campbell for 15 years to service our furnace (my mom has used them even longer!). They are always reliable and professional. So when our furnace finally gave up last January we knew who to call to replace it. They sent a serviceman within 1 1/2 hours of our 7:30 am call and when we decided to replace it Brad (sales) came about 1 hour after that. He was very professional and took the time to go through our options. We decided on a top of the line high efficiency Carrier furnace with programmable thermostat and we couldn't be happier. As it was -20C outside he returned a few hours later with 4 electric heaters to keep us warm and arranged for a crew to install the next day. The crew of 3 workers were like a machine - extremely experienced and knowledgeable and very efficient - each had their role and did it well. Our old furnace was removed and the new one installed in just over 3 hours and no mess! We have been thrilled with the performance of the furnace (much more efficient, quieter, uses less gas) and the thermostat also controls the air conditioning and humidifier so it is like having seamless climate control in your home! Thanks to D&C for superior customer service and support. We will be using you them for many years to come!

Ella from Pickering
Ella from Pickering
1 review Pickering, ON

Furnace & Humidifier Installation

Replaced our furnace with Trane XV95 along with a Aprilaire humidifier installation in Nov 2013
1. Bradley, the Consultant is terrific! He is knowledgeable, punctual and professional. Brad is willing to spend time to answer questions and explain in detail. Brad is responsive, he always responded to my text, email and phone call promptly. He provided a type written proposal clearing stating the various options and respective fees.
2. Experienced installers – Darren and Benny are punctual, polite. Clean and tidy work!
3. Administrative back office was also great, Julia followed up with the necessary paper work so that we can apply in time for the government rebate offer.
4. Will definitely recommend to my friends!

Keith from Midtown Toronto
Keith from Midtown Toronto

Radiator Replacement

Excellent sales service. Excellent technicians. Great all around. They were able to give me an exact install date and the work was done within 3 hours. Definitely will use them again.

Anthony Bickof from Thornhill
Anthony Bickof from Thornhill
7 reviews Thornhill, KY

HEPA Filter

Great sales experience. Explained everything and kept costs to a fair price.

The install was postponed but they were very friendly in managing the change. Great techs. A good experience.

Steve Zhang from Unionville
Steve Zhang from Unionville
1 review Unionville, ON

furnace repair service

First day I waited 7 hours for the technician to come, he spent 10 minutes to check, second day I waited another 7 hours, the technician was late for about 45 minutes as promised, spent 10 minutes to replace the part. Totally they charged me 2.5 hours of labour, which is twice as much as the part cost. I feel they over charged me. And the sales attitude was bad.

DS from Scarborough
DS from Scarborough
1 review Scarborough, ON

High Efficiency Furnace & Humidifier Install

After consulting with many HVAC contractors, I finally settled with Davenport Campbell to replace our mid-effficiency furnace to a modern high efficiency one (Trane XV95) along with a humidifier installation.

Brad, Davenport's salesman and our first point of contact, carefully explained our options, heating jargon, and this is important – he listened to our needs and advised us accordingly of our options. He never up-sold us nor put undue pressure on us unlike some of the other contractors we interviewed for the same job.

Of all the companies we consulted, Brad:
-- properly took measurements (only 1 other company took proper measurements)
-- advised us of our heating options and explained jargon
-- provided us with specific furnace & humidifier model numbers for our further Google research
-- and followed up with a proper written quote, with installation options and equipment, including warranties well explained (again, only 1 other company took proper measurements out of the many we interviewed).

On our negotiated install date, we welcomed 3 very professional installers – all very experienced and one, Benny I think, was as excited as I was about my new wiFi thermostat. The installers were polite, exceptionally detailed in their installation, and after my furnace installation, they completely tidied up.

I should also add, the high efficiency furnace models I was considering were Trane, Carrier, and Lennox. After narrowing down to either Trane or Carrier, Brad offered quotes to install either furnace model preference to our home without bias.

That said, it's very pleasing to have discovered Davenport-Campbell and more so, given that the installation went flawlessly. They are the best and simply, I recommend them unreservedly.

Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Unionville?