Markae Closets & Design

Formerly Custom Closet Organizers Inc. Shelving Outlet.
Closet & Storage Solutions
250 Rayette Rd., Unit 16 Vaughan ON L4K 2G6
HomeStars  >  Closet & Storage Solutions in Toronto  >  Markae Closets & Design

Reviews for Markae Closets & Design

Closet Organizing Solution

My wife and I bought an old house mid-town Toronto which had only one 4’ wide reach-in closet in the entire house. She and I both had a lot of clothes and we needed to come up with new ways to add storage. Kaylie came out to meet with us. She suggested we take one wall of our bedroom and turn it into a closet; half for me with double hanging and shelves, and the other half for my wife also with double hanging and shelves. At first I was hesitant because we would be losing 2’ of our bedroom, but then Kaylie suggested we run frameless sliding mirror doors in front which would “make the room feel bigger”. We went ahead with her design and not only do our clothes fit well, but our room actually does feel much bigger than it did before, even though we have less space inside the room. It also doesn’t hurt to have large mirrors to use when we get dressed in the morning. We used the small reach-in closet for long hanging and shoe shelves. Kaylie was amazing and I would recommend her to anyone needs a great designer.

Cherie Lubelski in Toronto
Cherie Lubelski in Toronto

Custom Closets for New Home

I first met Custom Closet Organizers at the Spring Home Show. I was impressed with what I saw and took their card. Approximately one year later, when the new house was ready for closets, I gave them a call. I met Kaylie within a couple of days of that call. She is fantastic at her job. She faced a couple design challenges and created perfect, well-functioning closets. She even accommodated for growing children and their needs. The turn around time from concept to installation was incredibly fast and well executed. I will definitely be using Kailey and her team in the future.

Murphy bed + 2 custom closets

I thought it might be interesting to review the service 3 (for the bed) and 1 1/2 (for the closets) years in, so readers can get beyond the first impressions to durability and quality over time. (I know it's a bit long but please read down to the 'iffy').
Kaylie was our designer and no question or request was too much for her. She was always patient and courteous and eager to research anything she wasn’t sure of to ensure accuracy instead of bluffing her way through. I believe Martin was our first contact and very knowledgeable and friendly without ever being pushy.

The Great:
Our first contact.
Kaylie’s hard work and personality.
The quality of the materials: The murphy bed continues to operate smoothly and the materials are solid, no sagging on that long desktop holding a computer tower etc.
The closets: the doors continue to self-close silently (but you must be diligent about not forcing or pushing them to avoid breaking the soft-close mechanism and the installers provide that instruction). The sliding door shows no signs of problems and continues to be smooth inside it’s track. All finishes, even corners and edges, typical places for abrasion and wear, still perfect.

Unlike ‘B from Toronto’s’ comment, we found that when they came to install the closets there was no question that they would repair the small adhesive release on the desk edge trim of the murphy bed. The edge repair still holds.

The iffy or how they lost their ‘10’ (I won’t call it ‘bad’ because of the amount of ‘good’ in the experience but it’s wise to be aware.)

When Kaylie designed one of the closets the drawers ended up behind the centre of where the two sliding doors meet, meaning that the drawers cannot be opened fully and access is compromised to the full extension drawers which are now approximately 2/3 extension drawers. Access to the back is awkward. If I’m not very careful, the front of the drawer bumps into the back of the sliding doors. Although the location of the closet presented challenges, I think this could have been avoided.

The installation was on time as promised. The installers were efficient, clean and quick one of them was rude. He appeared to have more seniority, the other was extremely quiet. Transparent flat pulls were installed on the sliding glass doors. When I pointed out that they were off-angle and asked for them to be repositioned the installer complied without response and reinstalled them…crooked. I politely said: “I’m so sorry, you’ve got a customer in me whose own work requires detailed observation, so I really notice these things, it’s still off” And so he barked, yes, barked at me: “Well then, here, you do it!”. Reluctant to interfere with the adhesive bond a third time, and since it was his job to get it right, I left it and have crooked pulls to remember him by.

Joanna from Oakville
Joanna from Oakville

Closet interiors

I needed the interiors of 7 closets done in my new house. I was totally happy with the professionalism, service and end product. Kaylie came to my house for the estimate and we discussed my wishes and needs for each closet. The price was reasonable and the end result exceeded my expectations. I couldn't have been happier.

Liane T. from Toronto
Liane T. from Toronto

Custom Closet

This is the second time that I have hired Custom Closet Organizers Shelving Outlet in over a year and a half. Their customer service is outstanding. In addition, their solutions for our closets were exactly what we needed; functionality and practicality, all at a competitive price. We were impressed with the quality of their service and would highly recommend them to anyone. They will not disappoint.

Lia Niski from Vaughan
Lia Niski from Vaughan
4 reviews Thornhill, ON

walk-in closet

The are GREAT! It's so hard to find a company that actually works!! They called right away to book an appointment. The guy came to measure..took his time. Today they came to install, they told me 9:30 a.m and guess what? 9:30 am they were here. Awesome, closet is great, Im SUPER happy!

Thanks Lia! We hope you enjoy your closets for many years to come.

B from Toronto
B from Toronto

HiddenBed

The furniture they sell are of a very high quality, any guarantees you get I advise you get in writing. Verbal disclosures are not trustworthy with them. I will not be recommending them as a result of false information I was provided

Hi B,
Thank you for your review. We strive to provide both a high quality product and good customer service. As far as our warranty goes we have one of the most extensive warranties in the industry. Even though you purchased one of our display models, your bed is still warrantied for 5 years on the cabinetry and 30 years on the mechanism, from the purchase date. Our warranty is listed in the facts on our website. We have been in business for over 27 years and strive on our good reputation. We by no means meant to deceive you in any way and apologize for any miscommunication.

wendy
wendy

Family Room built in cupboards

Elliot and his team are very professional. They did a great job and took their time to ensure everything looked neat and finished. I am very happy with this. They have done other jobs in my home and I would use them again.

Charles from Maple
Charles from Maple
9 reviews Maple, ON

Built in Closets and Furniture

Had a small problem after four years. Marti not only came to back fix the problem, no charge. He also checked and adjusted all their work. Not to many companies would do this for no charge after four years. Highly recommend !!

ES from Etobicoke
ES from Etobicoke
9 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Walk-in Closet, Wall Unit with custom dresser!

If you have a town house, and are lacking in space, and need to be efficient with what you have then Kaylie her father and the team at Custom Closets are the right people to work with. They are kind, patient, diligent, humble, and thorough. The pricing is 50% the quotes of other companies in the GTA. We are very pleased with the job, great custom designs, we were able to satisfy every need. The highlight was the dresser. Let the photos speak or themselves. The score 9/10 is to reflect the installer, he is smart and and talented, but can be a little messy and rough. However be patient, and look at the final results, any issues will be dealt with by Marty the Master Jedi. The team are happy to come out several times if something needs fixing. In my case adding lights, fixing the size of the grommet. GREAT PEOPLE GREAT COMPANY GREAT PRICE GREAT PRODUCT!

More about Markae Closets & Design

Markae Closets & Design has been delivering quality craftsmanship and design for over 30 years. Specializing in bedroom closets, foyers, home offices, laundry rooms, linen closets, basement storage, entertainment centres, desk/beds, and pantries, this family run business works with the individual to design a system that caters to their storage needs and budget.

With a lifetime warranty on all closet systems, Markae Closets & Design has the fullest confidence they will exceed your expectations and that your system will fit properly, work smoothly and last a lifetime.

"We do what's best for you, not what's easiest for us!"