Cummins Restorations

Marta in Toronto
Marta in Toronto

Repair Cement Blocks in Garage & replace broken bricks on house

GARAGE:
Brian's team chiseled off all loose parging from bottom rows of cement blocks, infilled large cavities with screeding, cleaned the exposed area with Muriatic acid. Then they parged the area with Portland cement fortified with tile grout.
OLD EAST YORK BUNGALOW :
Replaced five deteriorated bricks [damage due to bad eavestrough] and tuck-pointed on the east wall and north walls.
All the work was finished quickly, expertly & on budget.

Thank you Marta!

Angie in Ridgegate
Angie in Ridgegate

Problem Solved - Looks Better Than Ever

Brian and team repaired concrete steps that are 20 years old and had "suffered" from several do-it-yourself" repairs. The team cut away the broken areas, reinforced the foundation on the bottom step and made the two steps look brand new. At the top, 7 year old granite stones had come loose at the top of the steps. Old grout was scraped away and tiles were put back in place. I feel safe again.
I will call Cummins for all my masonry needs. Thanks, team!

Thank you Angie!
Our pleasure.

Scott
Scott
11 reviews Scarborough, ON

Tuck Pointing

We recently moved into our new (old) home. There were spots around the brick work that needed the morter repaired. Brian and his crew showed up on time and done a very thorough job. I can't point out the places that were repaired because I cannot tell where the work was done. That is how well the colour and texture of the repairs matched the surrounding material. Brian and his crew were very polite and cleaned up after themselves. Great job Brian and team!

Thank you so much Scott. !

Ben H. in Toronto
Ben H. in Toronto

Foundation parge and repair

Choosing Cummins Restoration was not difficult. Brian is very pleasant, and his quote was reasonable and realistic in a field of quotes that ranged all over the board. Not the cheapest, but cheap quotes should generally be avoided. And not the most expensive, which often means you're paying more than what you should. Brian's quote seemed to me to fit the job just right.

Once we were able to schedule a time that worked for both of us, Brian's crew were prompt and courteous. The guy's were professional and tidy, and put in a good day's work. They were open and eager to explain the extent of the repair, and the method that is used to complete it. The repair and parging took two days to complete, and once they were done, the only evidence that they had been there was the finished product. I am pleased with the workmanship. In fact, my neighbour, who had parging and repair done last year by another company, was jealous of the workmanship provided by Cummins.

As far as parging and concrete repair are concerned, I would not hesitate to recommend Cummins Restoration. But I, myself, would not hesitate to hire them for other masonry work based on the quality job they did on my foundation.

Thank you so much Ben!!

Jean K, North York
Jean K, North York

Tuck pointing / spot pointing

I am so happy that I found Brian through homestars. I could not be more happy with the tuck pointing job he did on my house. His work was very clean and he did an excellent job matching the texture and colour of the mortar. I would highly recommend him to anyone!

Thank you so much, Jean!!
Our pleasure to do work for you and your family.

Judith
Judith

Attention to detail

Brian responded to my email enquiry about a small repair job on our brickwork almost immediately. He set up a time to come by within a few days, arrived on time, offered good advice, and calculated a reasonable quote. The work was done by David, who not only did a terrific job, he also was such a clean worker that there was no need to do any clean up after he left. A pleasure to work with these folks. I recommend them without reservation!

UPDATE:
We hired Cummins Restoration a second time to repair the stonework on our front steps. David and Evan did the work beautifully, cleaned up afterwards. They even did more than agreed upon, as they found a few stones needed to be re-set, and a few bricks needed to be replaced. These folks always go the extra mile, and are a pleasure to work with, at a competitive price. I give them my highest recommendation.

John S from Toronto
John S from Toronto

Tuck Pointing on 90-year Old Toronto House

Cummins Restorations
416-992-7965
Toronto
M5R 2E2

We had Cummins Restoration come re-tuck point our 90 year old house in the summer of 2012. They gave a very fair quote, responded quickly, and did the work as promised. The entire experience exceeded my expectations.

Just this summer (2015) I noticed a few of the mortar joints had eroded. It wasn't much, but I'm very particular about repairs to my home. I was concerned water would get in and cause issue.

I emailed Brian and let him know what happened. He came out and made the repairs within a week. Instead of just replacing the couple cracks, he ground out the whole area and re-tuck pointed. Brian didn't charge me for the work - amazing customer service!

I can't thank him enough for the service and support. Not only was his original price very competitive, but he far an away provided the best experience. I would trust him with any masonry job.

Lana in Toronto
Lana in Toronto

masonry restoration

We needed to repair cracks on the external walls of the house. I've contacted Brian, left him a voice mail and he called back the same day. He came over to give an estimate and phoned a couple of days later to let me know when he's available. He was on time, did an excellent job (which was reasonably priced). I'm very happy with the work he's done.

Thank you Lana !

Kristy D. from Scarborough
Kristy D. from Scarborough

Brick repair and filling in a window

We initially inquired with Brian two years ago but ended up putting off our improvements until this fall. It seemed like a no-brainer that we would re engage with Brian and we're so glad we did. His pricing was fair, his responses were timely and most of all his quality of work was top notch. The work we had completed included some tuckpointing, brick repair, removing a stainless steel chimney/bricking it in and having a window filled in. Although the chimney was a part of the initial estimate it may have proved to be a little more work so it was very much appreciated when they honored their original quote. Brian's son, David worked throughout the day and even came back in the evening to complete some interior work. Right down to cleanliness of the job site, no detail seemed too small. Two generations of great work ethic and high quality craftmanship should be a source of pride for this family run business because they've earned it. Thanks gentlemen for a job well done.
Kristy and Mike

Thank you so much, Mike!

Wendy Elliott
Wendy Elliott

Tuckpointing, brick replacement, window sill replacement, chimney repair

We live in a 100 year old semi in East York and the bricks/mortar were showing signs of age. We had Cummins Restorations do tuckpointing, replace about 10 bricks, replace a window sill and repair the chimney. From the point of first contact, Brian was informative, professional and always got back to me quickly. He provided us with a detailed quote and kept to that price even though the work took longer than anticipated. He even had someone come out on a Saturday to make sure the job got done quickly! At the end of every day everything was left clean and tidy and Brian made sure to keep me up to date on his progress. He matched the mortar and bricks perfectly and you can tell that great care was taken with the work – I couldn’t be happier. I would highly recommend Cummins Restorations to anyone!

More about Cummins Restorations

Masonry and Tuck Pointing

We are a family-owned and operated business working all over the Greater Toronto Area since 1992. We are fully licensed and insured.

Our goal is to ensure you are fully satisfied with your masonry restoration project. Whether it's your chimney that needs rebuilding or repair, a brick wall that needs brick replacement, tuckpointing (filling in mortar between the bricks where it has eroded), or brick cleaning to enhance the appearance or parging (re-veneering a surface with cement).