Cummins Restorations

Reviews for Cummins Restorations

E.B. from Scarborough
E.B. from Scarborough

Complete Lack of Workmanship

We have trusted Homestars to find professionals to perform our home projects for over a decade. The 10 out of 10 reviews for Cummins Restorations are incredibly deceptive, when you see the work that was done for us. The work itself is unsightly and unprofessional and the job sites were left unkempt, as seen in the pictures. We trusted the initial job description/quote for the cement post supports from Brian but ended with an incredibly disappointing result, which left us with posts of varying shapes and sizes! We also requested the chimney be removed, and as you can observe in the photos, cracks are appearing, one week after completion. We were refunded a portion of the cost of the cement posts , but did not receive any response for the chimney issue, which will require a new company to repair it properly. As far as cleaning up, broken concrete pieces remained on the lawn as well as on the roof and eavestroughs. Overall, this was an incredibly disappointing experience which has left us with further costs to repair all the faulty work.

These two people are completely dishonest.

They took complete advantage of my good nature.

Here is exactly the sequence of events that occurred:

I gave them an incredibly competitive price.

I spent three days doing this work.

On the last day of the work I had to redo one aspect of the job three times before these two women were satisfied. They said everything looked great and they were happy and they paid me.

The next day one of the women emailed me to tell me that she's now not happy.

At that point I knew that I was dealing with someone who was never going to be satisfied and who was only trying to take advantage of my good nature.

At this point I just wanted to get these two women as far away from me as possible.

I offered them almost half of their money back.

She immediately agreed and took my money.

The next day these two women decided that they wanted all of their money back.

It's just unfortunate that there are people out there who will happily take advantage of decent honest hardworking people .
Disgusting.

They then decided to change their minds the next day and decided they didn't like it.

Earlier in the day I had actually done aspects

Brick repairs

We contacted Brian to repair a large number of cracked bricks in one of the front corners of the house. The damage stemmed from freeze-thaw cycles of water spreading and penetrating between the bricks from the ground over the years. One potential challenge identified by Brian was the unavailability of bricks that matched the original size and color of bricks on the house. Replacement components would be thicker and darker. Brian proposed to meet the challenge by locating bricks that matched the original color as closely as possible and shave off material from the brick sides to adjust for thickness and width. In addition he offered to stain the new bricks to match the wall color as closely as possible. We were very impressed with Brian’s commitment to high workmanship and his elevated sense of artistic finish. His quote was highly competitive. The completed repair work turned out outstanding. In view of Brian’s high professional standards and the high quality of the completed repair, we are unequivocal in recommending Cummins Restoration for any category of brick repair work.

Thank you so much , Roland !!

Marty in Toronto
Marty in Toronto

Masonry repair

I hired a contractor to fix a crumbling curb on the side of my house. It started disintegrating in 6 months. They came back and allegedly fixed it, but it fell apart again and they wouldn't do anything about it. Brian Cummins analyzed my issue right away and did an impeccable job not only repairing the damaged curb but advising me how to prevent damage in future. I found his quote to be very fair for the time, effort, and knowledge applied to the project since had to Jackhammer off the old damaged corner and down the side of the house and rebuild it. I highly recommend Cummins Restoration and will certainly hire this company again should I have the need. Now all I need to do is get some downspout extensions.

I should note that the pictures don't adequately show they work that he had to do on the side of the house between the driveway and the curb.

Thanks again Marty!
I'm loving the coffee too !

Naomi in Innisfil
Naomi in Innisfil

Tuck Pointing

We had water leaking due to some mortar erosion, Brian was very efficient to schedule us in to help prevent more water leaking into our house. Tight work and a wonderful individual to work with. Very reasonable rate! Would hire again and recommend to friends.

Matt and Naomi

Thanks again you guys!

Lintel & more

The lintel above our garage door was rusting, sagging and threatening to drop the brickwork it supported.
The Cummins crew did a fine job replacing it. They also did some nice and neat tuck pointing here and there. All in all, highly recommended.

Thank you so much!!!!
Really appreciate it !

Patricia in Mississauga
Patricia in Mississauga

Chimney brick, porch brick and milkbox bricking over

Great service - done on time, for the estimate quoted, very pleasant, very thorough. My chimney had been shedding pieces of brick - all fixed and looking great now! Also had our old milkbox bricked over - great matching of new bricks with the old, you can hardly tell the milkbox was ever there. Great work fixing the front of the porch and pointing as well.
Thanks again for a great job, Brian, Ben and Kyle!

Thank you so much!!!!

JS in Toronto
JS in Toronto

Parging and brick repair

We hired Brian to fix some cracked parging around the back and side of our house, along with replacing a few bricks that were damaged. We are very happy with the quality of the work and also with how easy Brian was to work with. He walked us through all the work he was going to do and completed the job without any problems. We would definitely call Brian for any future masonry work we need.

Thank you so much !

wenzderek in Richmond Hill, ON L4C 4B9, Canada
wenzderek in Richmond Hill, ON L4C 4B9, Canada
3 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Tuckpointing Repairs

We had some tuckpointing work that required to be done on our home - back corner of a garage where mortar had fallen out on a large section, on the house some locations where the mortar used to patch was not matching and was sloppy, and a broken stone in our retaining wall at the front of the house.

We had Cummins Restorations give us a quote and they were able the next day to come out and do the job! The crew that performed the work was great, very professional, on time and friendly. They did a fantastic job at fixing all the issues and did a thorough clean up afterwards.

Thanks for doing such great job!

Thank you Derek !!

Laird in Rosedale
Laird in Rosedale

Leaking Brick on Front of House

I found Brian Cummins on your site. He was quick to reply, polite, helpful, gave me cost saving options, a quiet and hard worker ..and I have now referred him to my neighbour to have her chimney repaired next week and another friend who needs brick help at the back of his house.

Thank you Laird!!

ann from Toronto
ann from Toronto

Tuck pointing of brick

Highly recommended CUMMINS RESTORATIONS. Very efficient! Workmanship - fantastic!! Crew were great to work with. We had a deadline and they delivered on time! We would highly recommend them. Thanks Brian!

Thank you Ann!!

More about Cummins Restorations

Masonry and Tuck Pointing

We are a family-owned and operated business working all over the Greater Toronto Area since 1992. We are fully licensed and insured.

Our goal is to ensure you are fully satisfied with your masonry restoration project. Whether it's your chimney that needs rebuilding or repair, a brick wall that needs brick replacement, tuckpointing (filling in mortar between the bricks where it has eroded), or brick cleaning to enhance the appearance or parging (re-veneering a surface with cement).