Cross-Town Appraisal Ltd

1418 Dundas St W Toronto ON M6J 1Y5
HomeStars  >  Surveyors in Toronto  >  Cross-Town Appraisal Ltd

Reviews for Cross-Town Appraisal Ltd

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Worst appraisers out there (unless you are the lender)

Crosstown appraisals was assigned to appraise my home 10 years ago in Toronto. The appraisal came in at $400,000 under what I sold it for a few months later. When I was told that they were assigned to appraise my home last week and south Mississauga I told the lender I would like somebody else but we were on a time crunch so I settled for having them come. The appraiser clearly did not know anything about the area And use the comparables that were completely a relevant to my location. At least this time they only came in $200,000 under valued. Unless you are the lender, find someone else!

Rachel in Mississauga
Rachel in Mississauga

Zero knowledge of market

If you don't know the Toronto Real Estate market, you have no business appraising homes here. She appraised my home significantly less than its true market value, which had a devastating impact on my mortgage negotiations. You're screwing with people's lives here. Get it right, or stay out of people's homes.

Gigi Mack from Toronto
Gigi Mack from Toronto

Absolutely the WORST!

Absolutely the worst appraisal company ever. First quoted $650 plus tax then demanded $1,000 plus tax, I had no choice as financing deal was closing in a week.

The appraiser have no clue whatsoever in this industry. Kept asking us, the homeowners for simple things that he should know as an expert.

I am not sure where this company is hiring these appraisers, if you get assigned this company for your appraisal by your bank or financing company, please ask for another firm and don't waste your hard earn money.

It took the appraiser we had 3 hours and many follow up phone calls before he can figure out what in the world he is looking at. Our house is EMPTY, so it is really easy to do the appraisal. He was just clueless, absolutely clueless.

My final appraisal came in $200,000 under market, there is no reason for it except incompetency, what a shame Cross-Town is in business.

I have been through the appraisal process over 12 times in the past 10 years for various properties, so I do know a thing or two about how this works. This is truly the WORST appraisal experience ever. I am still upset how they are allowed to operate.

HVAC in Scarborough
HVAC in Scarborough

Worst Appraiser

This appraisers from Vaughn is out of mind and HORRIBLE .
Unfair and unjust appraisal can affect a family's life dramatically.
locals from Vaughn won't go near them.
Appraised at 150k below
Does not fully understand the comparison methods and just throw few numbers at online data sheet to finish lazy work.
BAD Communication , BAD Administration, BAD Customer Services
improper paperwork..
NO Proper Invoices provided..
STAY AWAY from this company

Crap

The Toronto market is booming but these appraisers from Vaughn are out of touch. Manta describes the business as a 2 person operation pulling in about 200k gross a year. When gas prices rebound they will no longer be able afford the journey down to a market they don't comprehend. The fact they are going so far afield suggests even locals from Vaughn won't go near them.
Appraised at 100k below what an identical house 2 doors down sold for a year ago. No house in this neigborhood has sold for his appraisal price in years. You should become an appraiser because you don't like the hard work of a trade.

Carol from Brampton
Carol from Brampton

Home appraisal

HORRIBLE. Appt was for 2-4pm. Appraiser showed up at 3:45 with attitude and barely stayed 15 minutes.
Charged me $113 more than what I was quoted. Will be calling them to enquire why I was overcharged. STAY AWAY from this company

Puffchi from Richmond Hill
Puffchi from Richmond Hill
1 review , ON

Appraisal

Some of their appraisers do not even know what they are doing. Stay away! Unfair and unjust appraisal can affect a family's life dramatically. The guy was standing in front of the electric panel, looking at it and asking me where the electric panel is. Same thing about AC. Trying to find only the defects by actually getting so close to the floor that almost his face touching the floor to find defects. Same thing with the garden in the backyard. I have the actual property's survey, and yet he wanted to measure the property like if I could fake that survey anyways! Not happy with them at all. Spending $367.25 on appraisal for the hope of refinance is something that not many of us can afford nowa these days. It was a waste for us spending on his appraisal, because we must bring someone else to undo the damage he has done for us.

Samuel from Toronto
Samuel from Toronto

Appraisals

Just a plain TERRIBLE company to deal with...!
Very BAD Communication
Very BAD Administration and paperwork..
BAD Customer Services
NO Proper Invoices provided..
Double-Charged Credit Card