Fry's Electronics

shopperchick
shopperchick
1 review Houston, TX

Buying bigscreen TV

First time shopping w/Fry's will be the last. April 15, I ordered a Samsung LCD online. I checked w/the store and was told they did not have it, but a location in Webster, Tx did. Jason, the "supervisor" would order one. It would be in in 3 days. I called in 3 days was told Jason was on vacation, the Webster store did not have any in stock and that it was against store policy to ship discontinued items. I didn't realize it was discontinued. The sales associate informs me this TV has actually been discontinued for months. Even though Fry's still offered it in April of 09.
I was then told by Greg, a "supervisor", that an email had actually been sent to Arlington. That store had the TVs in stock. It would take 11 days. The Arlington facility only sends a truck once a week. Today, April 30 was the arrival day. I called and spoke to Greg again. The TV is not coming and they had no way of knowing that beforehand. Apparently, the Arlington store continued selling the TVs until the minute before the truck left for Houston and now they are sold out. What a coincidence!
In the end, I realize the mantra for Fry's is... it's discontinued. There is no communication between stores. I had called a couple of times to see if the email had been sent, if there was any reply, if the tv was in fact coming. I was told it should be here on Thursday.
So, what I am left with is... the Arlington store has none, the Southwest Houston store has none and won't be getting any. Why? You guessed it.. it's discontinued.
At one point, I can hear a sales associate and Greg arguing over the phone because neither one wants to talk to me. I was never rude, confrontational or even angry. I was just frustrated and tried to explain that I was just trying to figure out how the system broke down.
Basically, they couldn't have cared less, had no option to rectify this situation and couldn't wait to wash their hands of a customer who was spending thousands of dollars. I now understand all the frustration in dealing with a company that doesn't care about customer service. From now on... I"m shopping at B&H. Even if the cost is more, I don't trust Fry's at all. I am an avid consumer as are many of my friends, I'm sending out the warning now. Don't fall for it.. like I did. You'll end up with a headache, being treated like a leper and little else