Cornerstone Fine Furniture

Antique Retailers
2886 Dundas St W Toronto ON M6P 1Y8
HomeStars  >  Furniture in York  >  Cornerstone Fine Furniture  >  Dinning and Living room set
Andrew in the Junction

416-767-8170
2886 Dundas St W
Toronto
M6P 1Y8

My wife and I bought a house in the Junction a year and a half ago just down the street from Cornerstone. We went wild in Cornerstone, buying new furniture for our living and dining rooms because the style was perfect for our house and the prices were reasonable (but not cheap). Although this furniture looked great, after some time, it's now apparent that the quality of some of what we bought is just TERRIBLE! In partucular, the surface boards of a harvest table we bought for $1500 are warping and cracking. There are now gaps between the boards rendering the table totally defective. I got a quote from a carpenter for hundreds of dollars to fix it. Furthermore, the seams of the leather dinning room chairs are all frayed and I'm afraid they might start coming apart. On a brighter note, our living room set seems to be holding up fine.

Quality control is certainly a very hard thing to do when you source internationally from many suppliers (as Cornerstone does)and I can understand if a few things go wrong, but one would expect the retailer to back up what they sell. Martin, the owner of Cornerstone, REFUSED TO RETURN MY CALL when I brought my table problem to his attention. In the end, all I got was an email from staff saying they do not provide warrenties on what they sell.

Seems foolish in troubled economic times to alienate a regular customer but I get the impression that Martin just doesn't care once he's got his money.

There are so many excellent furniture stores in this city. Don't waste your time with this one.