Cornerstone Fine Furniture

Andrew in the Junction
Andrew in the Junction
1 review ,

Dinning and Living room set

My wife and I bought a house in the Junction a year and a half ago just down the street from Cornerstone. We went wild in Cornerstone, buying new furniture for our living and dining rooms because the style was perfect for our house and the prices were reasonable (but not cheap). Although this furniture looked great, after some time, it's now apparent that the quality of some of what we bought is just TERRIBLE! In partucular, the surface boards of a harvest table we bought for $1500 are warping and cracking. There are now gaps between the boards rendering the table totally defective. I got a quote from a carpenter for hundreds of dollars to fix it. Furthermore, the seams of the leather dinning room chairs are all frayed and I'm afraid they might start coming apart. On a brighter note, our living room set seems to be holding up fine.

Quality control is certainly a very hard thing to do when you source internationally from many suppliers (as Cornerstone does)and I can understand if a few things go wrong, but one would expect the retailer to back up what they sell. Martin, the owner of Cornerstone, REFUSED TO RETURN MY CALL when I brought my table problem to his attention. In the end, all I got was an email from staff saying they do not provide warrenties on what they sell.

Seems foolish in troubled economic times to alienate a regular customer but I get the impression that Martin just doesn't care once he's got his money.

There are so many excellent furniture stores in this city. Don't waste your time with this one.

Maureen in Rosedale
Maureen in Rosedale

Livingroom furniture and decor

The selection at The Cornerstone is second-to-none in Toronto and it's so cost-efficient I've recommended it to many out-of-province friends. Even with shipping costs it's well worth it. I won't ever shop anywhere else for home furnishings. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

PR in Toronto
PR in Toronto
4 reviews ,

Furniture

The store has awesome furniture and the staff are were helpful. The delivery guys ran into issues and we were not happy with them however - the store owners rectified the issues and compensated us very fairly. We will definitely shop there again.

james from high park
james from high park

Sofa, and a sideboard

We where up on Dundas renting a movie when we wondered into corrnerstone home interiors. The shop is bueatiful, the prises really low and the staff attentive but not pushy. The owner reduced the foor model by 20 % . The cupboards are really cool, almost artistic, really unique. I do not know of any other shops that have such an interesting range of products. Now we stop in every month, and the stock always changes.

Pete from TO
Pete from TO

purchased couch

We noticed upon receiving our couch that the seems were seperating. It is a couch of 'their own design' and not from any furniture manufacturer. They refused to take it back. The two boys who delivered the sofa left black hand prints on it. We were able to clean those off. They did bang up our walls on the way in. Nice guys but sloppy.

The owner is untrustworty and will not want to deal with you if you have any issues with the quality of your furniture once you buy it.