Concord Fireplaces Inc

Review for Concord Fireplaces Inc

Debra in Toronto
Debra in Toronto

unsatisfactory service

We chose a fireplace in the showroom and had it installed as part of a total kitchen renovation. It was very difficult dealing with Mechan to get the clearances required for our cabinetmaker to design the mantle. The fireplace was eventually installed, but because the wood floor had to go in after, two bolts were removed to allow for the flooring. When I called Mechan to tell him we were ready for them to come back and do the final adjustments of the installation, I mentioned that the caulking had been compromised in the floor installation. He told me he would charge $400 to repair it. We discussed back and forth and he agreed to time and materials. By the time the guys came out (on the same visit - final installation and caulking repair), my contractor had already replaced the caulking so there was nothing to do but reinstall two bolts. For this, he charged my credit card $250.00. There were no materials and not more than 5 minutes spent. Although we are happy with the fireplace, I would never recommend this company. The $250 felt like a slap in the face after buying a $6000 fireplace (without mantle). Terrible customer service!