Commonwealth Appliance Service

HomeStars  >  Appliance Repair in Agincourt  >  Commonwealth Appliance Service

Reviews for Commonwealth Appliance Service

NS in Scarborough
NS in Scarborough

Contracted by Whirlpool for servicing appliances

I had to use this company, unfortunately, as I called Whirlpool about my KitchenAid fridge not working properly. The company is very unresponsive and does not return phone calls or emails even after being contacted by Whirlpool. I don’t trust the technicians in terms of their expertise and whether they can diagnose a problem specifically. The two technicians I had come out were very polite and friendly.

Matthew in East York
Matthew in East York

Taking the reservation is the easy part

Keeping the reservation is the hard part.

Whirlpool assigned Commonwealth as our service provider. Our repair date came and went. Nobody showed up. Nobody called. Radio Silence.

My recommendation is, if you'd like to have something serviced, and by that I mean have someone arrive in person with tools and parts they use to do a repair, then Commonwealth is not a good fit for you. If however, you enjoy making appointments and taking time off work to sit around and wait and wait and wait - then by all means schedule appointments with this lot.

Meghan in Stratford
Meghan in Stratford
1 review Stratford, ON

Whirlpool Washing Machine

Our washing machine broke and the company was quick to come out and diagnose the problem. We needed a new part and the company ordered it for us and was to come back in a week to install. The delivery of the part got pushed back from one week, to two, three etc. We have now been without a washing machine for two months. We purchased the extended warranty to ensure that if anything went broke we could get it fixed in a timely and efficient manner, but that has not been the case. Each time we call to check in on the part Whirlpool and Common Wealth claim they can not do anything about it and offer no alternatives. Their customer service is garbage and they are careless towards to needs and concerns of their customers. I would never recommend this company to anyone and have instead complained about them to all of my friends and family. I would also never recommend purchasing an extended warranty for Whirlpool appliances as it means nothing. This process has been frustrating and extremely inconvenient to me and my family.

robert in Old Toronto
robert in Old Toronto

DISHWASHER REPAIRS

Maytag washer needed repairs Unfortunately for me they subcontracted to Commonwealth

They made 2 visits Installed a new motor and fixed a wire that a mouse at some point in time in the past had chewed on

When the dishwasher still would not work they refused to come out again saying the area was contaminated --Yet if it were contaminated I wonder how the technician originally was able to install the motor and fix the wire and of course bill me !!

I had a bad feeling from the beginning and wish I had seen the reviews before I allowed Whirlpool to assign Commonwealth to me

WARNING : STAY AWAY. WORST APPLIANCE REPAIR COMPANY EVER

Diagnosed my Whirlpool appliance quickly and ordered the part, which they received within a few days. Then they made 5 different appointments over a period of more than a month to install the new part and failed to show up all 5 times. Never bothered to phone and let me know they were not going to make it. The repair was contracted by Whirlpool under an extended warranty plan. Eventually I insisted on a new repair company, which Whirlpool agreed to. Terrible through and through; they hook you by coming out quickly for the diagnosis and ordering parts, then you're at their mercy waiting for the actual repair. Google their business address: it's a guy with a van working out of his garage. Stay away from this company. They have a terrible rating on Homestars and everywhere for a reason. Wish I could give then -5 out of 5.

Private User reviews Montreal, QC

GE contracted service

This company is contracted by GE for repair service for major home appliances. The company is very unreliable and the service technician did not call to schedule an appointment on 2 occasions. I would not recommend this company for appliance repair.

Private User reviews Montreal, QC

Fridge Repair

Commonwealth services was designated as part of my Warranty. It has been 2 Months and still my fridge has not been fixed. to date I have had my ice maker replaced more than 3 times a switch was replaced twice, my appointment was a no show twice and I have had to take several days off just to make sure the repair guy comes.

This company is a joke. They clearly don't care about customer service and don't listen to customer even when I told them the solution won't work as it has already been tried.

I am so fed up and beyond frustrated at this point.

Board

Very unprofessional, I’m without a refrigerator for 1 month 3 Technicians came to date and every time it’s a different diagnosis , Very poor Senior Technician should be here today but no show and no one called to say anything , Very Very poor and unprofessional Service

muslimbrother63 in Brampton
muslimbrother63 in Brampton

changing gasket on Whirlpool washing machine

improper installation of gasket. They replaced the gasket with the drain on top causing the washing machine to flood. They refused to come back a fix their mistake so they can charge the extended warranty for another service call. STAY A WAY YOU WILL BE DUPED

Don in Toronto
Don in Toronto

Warranty repair on new fridge

Commonwealth was referred to us for a warranty repair on our new refrigerator. From the initial telephone call until the completion of the repair the service has been excellent. Commonwealth's serviceman called in advance of his two visits to confirm his arrival time. He arrived when he said he would. He was professional, polite and knowledgeable, and completed the repair in less than fifteen minutes.

Looking for Appliance Repair pros in Agincourt?