Cobblestonembers

Reviews for Cobblestonembers

Helen Garside in Oakville
Helen Garside in Oakville

Gas Fireplace and stone work

Rob and his crew were outstanding!! Knowledgable, on time, no messing about. They are skilled craftsmen. The fireplace and stone wall are fantastic! Rob even found us another contractor when the one we hired couldn't finish our family room. Real team players! We will use them again in our basement when we change out our wood burning fireplace to gas. We are beyond satisfied. Every time we used the fireplace this winter we were so thankful and grateful for all the work Rob did. Would recommend CobbleSTONEmbers to everyone!! We had a great customer experience!!!

Rob from Oakville
Rob from Oakville

Gas Fireplace

Excellent service Really nice people I would highly recommend this company for all your gas fireplace needs. Promptly answered calls for any feedback required. thanks for all good hard work.

Tried to help out this customer with his problem with a fireplace not installed by our company, unfortunately we were not able to accommodate.
Further to this reply I would like any future readers to consider the thousands of satisfied customers over 12 years of business who have referred us several times to friends etc. Unfortunately these people have never used this process to echo their sentiments.

M. Holmes from Acton
M. Holmes from Acton
1 review Acton, ON

Napolean Gas Fireplace

Would never recommend this company.
Had a gas fireplace insert installed in 2013 and have had problems with the remote control on an ongoing basis. Told by both Rob and Bill that they would stand by their product but after waiting this time for over 6 weeks our calls are not being returned. Perhaps they are out of business but still a phone call would be appropriate.
At this point we have a fireplace that we can't use and are currently trying to get the manufacture to help us out.
Please search out alternative companies.
Very disappointed in both the product and customer service offered by CobbleSTONEmbers, Oakville.
Their word means nothing!

This situation was made very difficult for our company due to a very slow delivery time from the manufacturer. We have since installed the warranty parts and customer is now satisfied.

no fool
no fool

installed a woodstove insert

I had a woodstove insert installed by Cobblestonembers a few years back and could never get proper service from this company. No one ever answers the phone when you call and they do not call back. There was winddraft all through the winter and they kept giving me explaination that did not make any sense. I finally had the chimney sweeper told me how it was installed wrong and he fixed my problem. Now the paint on my insert is peeling and I have called over a month without them returning my call. Would never recommend them and have already told friends who want to install one to never go to them.

My Reply to Cobblestonembers' response
The glass that was repaired was broken by the serviceman who finally came after several calls from me over several months. The chimney was not in the bad shape as described by Cobblestonembers and the drafts had absolutely nothing to do with the few chipped bricks on the side of the house as it was there before the stove was installed and I did not experience any draft before the installation. The serviceman tried to say that there was additional damage after installation, but could not show me any beside the preexisting ones when I asked him to point them out. The draft was related the type of chimney cap and how it was installed. My chimney sweeper had pointed this out without my telling him that I had a draft problem after he was up there to clean the chimney. In addition, I have left a few messages this summer about the paint peeling inside the woodstove insert without Cobblestonember returning my call. My phone message stated that "the paint inside my woodstove insert is peeling and I want to know it is covered by the warranty. I would appreciate a response as my previous call about a month or two ago went unanswered. I can be reached at ........". I am still waiting for a response to this last call. I hope that this message is now clear enough in writing and I fail to see what was the language barrier in this message. I stand by my rating.

We did address this problem, in fact we repaired glass that was damaged on the fireplace. The problem did NOT result from the installation. The chimney to which the unit was installed was in very poor condition, allowing cold air to enter the chimney cavity. Also if the homeowner wishes to share the information of the chimney sweep we will verify his comments,
There is also a difficult language barrier.

Marilyn O'Rourke in Grimsby
Marilyn O'Rourke in Grimsby
1 review Grimsby, ON

New mantel and granite surround for woodburning fireplace

No need to go anywhere else when looking to have a new fireplace or mantel. Rob and staff were absolutely terrific. Rob is a man of his word and cares enough about his company and reputation to do an excellent job. The job is not done till the customer is satisfied. We highly recommend him and his staff and we will certainly tell our friends.

Oakville Resident
Oakville Resident

Installation of gas fireplace and construction of stone surround

Rob and his crew were very curteous and efficient while working in our home. They took care to reduce the amount of damage to walls etc. when working with the stone. The end result is fantastic and we are enjoying our new fireplace.

You will need to have your design already in mind as they do not have designers working on staff. As a result, if you want something more non-traditional it's probably best to look into a fireplace specialist in Toronto.

Linda from Oakville
Linda from Oakville

Fireplaces gas and wood burning

My old gas fireplace was not up to code and Rob did a great job of saving the mantle and putting in an electric. The service was on time, efficient ( certified tradesmen ) and cost effective. Highly recommended.

Colin in Oakville
Colin in Oakville

Electric and gas fire suppliers and installers

We purchased an electric fire with mantel etc.
Minor problem found after installation was completed. Returned and corrected fault with no hesitation. Very courteous and helpful.

More about Cobblestonembers

Full line of gas, wood & electric fireplaces. Design, installation, sales and service.
Looking for Fireplaces pros in Oakville?