Classic Kitchen Designs

Reviews for Classic Kitchen Designs

Costs change  in Mississauga
Costs change in Mississauga

Kitchen project

Darcy over promises and under delivers.
Met him at trade show , was talking like he was familiar with business , checked his background and financial quotes later on with him . Oh he says sorry
he made a $5000.00 mistake !!!!
So customer he says sorry , your kitchen costs $20,000.00 now !!!
Class kitchen loosing tons of business , so overcharging clients to help pay their bills !!!
Notice they down sized??? No business
Poor management & low quality work

I'm not sure who submitted this review but first off Darcy has moved on to Real Estate and not been with our company now for almost a year. This is the first I have heard about this and it sounds like a purchase may not have been made on this review. In answer to the down sizing of the business, we have opened a new digital state of the art concept store which still has 5 cabinet displays a few blocks east (at Unit 16-1825 Dundas Street East in Mississauga) from where we were located for over 25 years on Dundas Street. I do however apologize if we were misleading to a potential customer.

Marianne from Mississauga
Marianne from Mississauga

Kitchen Renovation

Classic Kitchen Designs renovated my kitchen in 2004 and did a very good job. But that is not what my story is about. Earlier this year I had a problem with some of the cupboard doors peeling. The owner, Wes Kehler came to assess the damage himself. Without hesitation he honoured the warrantee and contacted the manufacturer. He had all the damaged doors replaced in a timely manner even though that particular style had been discontinued. The new doors match perfectly and I am very happy. Because Classic Kitchen Designs is a family business they take pride in their work and go that extra mile to satisfy their customers. That is why they have remained in business as long as they have. A friend recommended them to me and I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Thank you for such a great review of our company. It is nice to see people go the extra mile to complement us in such a manner as you have done,not many people take the time to respond on Home Stars when they are pleased with their experience and we so much appreciate all that do. We hope you enjoy your cabinetry for years to come.

Alex from Mississauga
Alex from Mississauga

kitchen

May 2014 deposit & contract for Kitchen install, timing July 19. Revised to Aug 13 due to manufacturing delays of cabinets. On Aug 13, Classic Kitchen arrived to install. Here are some open issues we experienced and are still open as of this date 1) missing door hardware which we were told needed to be ordered (not told back ordered) 2) cabinets were crooked 3) hardware of drawer defective 3) Fridge was binding to panel due to a spacer that was not installed well 4) the ceiling and walls were damaged. 5) saw dust from cutting and drilling were not cleaned from floor. Many left inside drawers. 5) pencil marks on walls were not cleaned 6) drawer front of wall oven and microwave not secured 7) top of cabinet not secured 8) kick plate not install to spec needed to be removed to allow counter top water fall installation. 8) drawer binds. 9) one cabinet that swings up needed to be adjusted (someone had drawer fall on their head. 10) One of the cabinets arrived were damaged and had to be reordered. 11) spice rack and rack dividers were not installed. 12) shelves were not installed.
Both my wife and I have called repeatedly to address these issues. We both believe that we did not have our calls returned on a timely basis nor were our concerns adequately addressed. Spoke to the owner of the company, who had advised me that there are standard processes in place to address deficiencies and his involvement creates more issues than it resolves. Unusual comment from the owner. Received a call on Sept 19/14 for service claiming a missing part will not be received until next week. I advised we have been without a kitchen since July and there are enough issues outstanding that a install / service call should be made prior to receiving the missing parts. Was told I will be contacted later. Received a call back, Oct 3/14 is the best date for a service completion.
Please consider the timing of the project from the original install date to the proposed correction of all issues. July to Oct. We are a repeat customer. We are not happy with this experience. Classic kitchens, through their own admissions, "dropped the ball". We have been offered only apologies but little else. Would not use ever again. The kitchen is still not complete as of this review.

I'm not quite sure how to respond on this review as this is a repeat customer which we value highly. The manufacturer did let us down on the delivery due to a major machinery malfunction breakdown which was out of their control. However everything here is being exaggerated immensely. We were hoping for shipping from the manufacturer, if all went well by July 18 which would give us, in my opinion, a install start date of July 28. This was postponed, due to us only receiving product around August 11 & therefore installation only starting on August 13. I have apologized several times to this customer for the delays. As for the list of deficiencies, most of this, is a list which was brought to our attention by the customer while the installation was in progress. The inspection certificate sign off, with the customer only happened on Sept. 4 and it only has 3 concerns alongside listing some wall & ceiling damage,(which by the way we have offered to correct even though our installer claims he did not cause the damage), and a remark stating the job site was left with saw dust which had not been vacuumed. The kitchen, in our opinion, has been totally usable since Sept.4 inspection. We received confirmation on September 19 from the manufacturer that the set of drawer tracks which must be replaced as part of the inspection deficiencies, will only arrive on Sept.29 and the customer was called & asked on Friday, Sept. 19, if we could come in on Oct.1 for the service deficiencies to be done & completed. He stated this was totally unacceptable customer service and no, he could not make the home available on Oct. 1.Then came back with the Oct.3 date which was fine also with us.
After having said all this, this is a repeat customer, which I value highly and I still feel the customer was let down and for that I do apologize to him, however when things happen out of our control, all we can do is try our best in the situation at the time. Hopefully over time, Alex will come to see, we gave him a great kitchen with good value for him to enjoy for years to come.

Marcy from Toronto
Marcy from Toronto

Kitchen

Very disappointed in the customers service that Darcy provided us...we received a beautiful kitchen but the finishes took forever to complete,
Darcy did not even have the class to reach out to us if we were satisfied in the finishes also my husband had to complete what was not completed, Darcy needs to educate himself when it comes to customer service...do not paid in full hold back 10 percent before paying in full

Since I don't have a customer last name which the work agreement might be under, I'm not sure how to respond to this review. I am pleased with the customer stating they received a beautiful kitchen which is a complement to us. I'm not sure why someone would be doing their own finishing. I have no recollection of ever asking anyone to complete their own work, as we have people on staff for this specific reason other than if they felt they would like to complete the work themselves.
Also not sure what was meant by finishes, whether it was the stains, topcoats or other material but once again, I was pleased to see the customer say they received a beautiful kitchen.
Wes Kehler
President

3 reviews MISSISSAUGA, ON

Kitchen design, renovation & installation

Two years after Classic Kitchen Designs did an incredible job on my tiny, galley kitchen, I get rave reviews and complements every time someone sees my new kitchen for the first time. The room was opened up when the bulkheads were taken out of the kitchen and it was doubled in size by removing a wall that separated the eat in area. Cabinet installation was painless and professionally done by an expert that trimmed the cabinets to Cadillac standards. A small design change was required because of a change in fridges. No drama at all. The designer worked miracles with the lay out, giving us almost 25 feet of counter top in our 8 x16 space. Wes & Darcy have provided superior service and stand behind their product 100%. Highly recommended if you're in the market for a price competitive kitchen or bath installation and renovation.

Menno in Toronto
Menno in Toronto
1 review TORONTO, ON

Kitchen Renovation (wall removal, new cabinets. flooring , appliances , fixtures etc)

Assisted Review

“What should we do with our barely retouched 1950’s kitchen. So we asked Darcy of Classic Kitchen Designs.
Darcy gave us a number of proposals which showed originality and a flair for beauty.
One with the original kitchen and a few with the wall removed and open concept.
The original intend was to open up the room and make a very inviting space.
When we decided on one, Classic Kitchen Designs installed it quickly and for a price that was very fair. We have now been using our new kitchen for a year and are the envy of all who come to visit us. Not only is the design practical and functional, but as one friend put it, the whole thing is jaw-dropping. I would recommend Darcy and his crew without hesitation.”

paul and monica
paul and monica

Total kitchen renovation

Classic Kitchens
Dundas Street
Mississauga, Ontario

Dear Alan Fernandez

This letter is long overdue, and I apologize for not getting to it sooner. I’d like to take this time to express our appreciation for the time spent with you on our little kitchen project. Your attention to our design ideas combined with your in depth knowledge and vision helped to create a truly unique kitchen area in our home. The cabinetry has complimented the rest of the décor our kitchen and really is a standout achievement. All aspects of the job came together just as you promised with little or no anxiety on our part. The cabinets were custom fit expertly to specs and your patience with our colour changes led to a perfect blend of colours with our granite counters, floor, backsplash and appliance selections.

Your professionalism and upfront honesty are hard to come by and we will not hesitate to recommend you and Classic Kitchens to friends and business associates.

Visitor after visitor to our home has commented on the transformation of our kitchen and we are pleased to relay your name and Classic Kitchens for their excellent quality and outstanding service provided.

Sincerely,

Paul & Monica Legere

Maria - Etobicoke
Maria - Etobicoke
1 review ,

Bad Experience - very disappointed

I would like to make people aware of the
unfortunate experience I had with Classic
Kitchens Designs. I found the sales rep:
Darcy to be very pushy for a deposit. At
the end I did provide a $1800.00 -as he
said he cannot continue without a deposit.
I was new to this and did not know any better.
Once, he got the deposit he did not complete
the design to my satisfaction - the original
price was $18,000.00 - then it increase to
$24,000.00 - he said they are extras - extras???
I said -where and why? he said read the'
agreement that you signed' I was shocked.
He kept on changing the price - I could not
afford anymore. He was very misleading and
then basically ignored me and said you either
go with this design or loose your deposit. I
asked for the deposit back he refused - he
said take me to court ! I just warn everyone
please be aware of this business's aggressive
sales tactics....

First off, this project must have been from some time back as we can not recall in recent history, taking an $1,800.00 retainer which was not put into production, however having said this, after we have generally invested hours of work in order to come up with a design for a customer,we do ask for a retainer. Most prrofesionals ask for a retainer long before putting in countless hours. Along with this retainer, the customer has a detailed quotation sheet along with a detailed cabinetry design floor plan and computor assisted renderings of what the project will look like after it is installed. If the customer moves forward at this time or at any time with what has been presented the price does not change. If a client decides to add accessories or increase cabinetry values the price will move upwards accordingly or if someone removes items form the original design, the price will move downward accordingly. Both instances happen on a regular basis and is quite common practice in our industry. Customers must remember, that our designers are professionals and only get compensated for their time put in, after hours of work from the onset, when they take a retainer. I make no apologies and feel it is only fair for us to ask for a retainer from a potential client once we have presented our first presentation which already consists of hours of work invested.

ian in etobicoke
ian in etobicoke
1 review ETOBICOKE, ON

kitchen renovation, design, project co-ordination, color selection

To Whom it may concern,

I am delighted with the complete kitchen renovation done in the fall of 2010.
Darcy and the guys did a fabulous job.
The cabinets,flooring,countertops and whole place looks really good.

Thanks Ian

We do try to offer a great value with our products & services and it is great to have someone appreciate what they received.

3 reviews MISSISSAUGA, ON

complete kitchen renovation ,design and co-ordination

Hi Darcy

A couple of photos to wet your appetite.

I was in to see the boss yesterday and was grateful to get a spice bottle of stain to do an oak stool I got at Early Canadian Furniture that's going out of business. I think the stool will complete the computer command centre for the Admiral & she'll leave my computer alone.

I told your Dad that I have a disc of photos & I'll drop it off for you after I've done a couple of re-takes. Please feel free to use any of my pics that can be of any use to you. My neighbours rave about my new kitchen & I only hope we can send some business your way. I think the SubZero looks fabulous with the new piece and really appreciate your understanding & quick action. BTW, I got the fridge handles off eBay from Virginia. They were $262 CDN and are gold plated. I don't tell anyone, but a couple of visitors have noticed.

Your Dad asked me yesterday if I was happy with the kitchen & I have to say I'm close to "deliriously happy". We ended up with far more cupboard space than we had in our 14' x 16' kitchen downtown and the bar counter addition suggested by Shantel was brilliant use of space. The small book shelves in the corner took care of the exhaust fan problem & everything is within easy reach. Beautiful job Classic. Thanks.

Bob

Thanks for the review Bob, as I've said before, it is great to have customers who appreciate what we're trying to do in our product offering and service. Thanks again for the great review.

More about Classic Kitchen Designs

We offer a range of different services * kitchen design *bathroom design *kitchen cabinet sales *bathroom cabinet sales *cabinet sales *countertops *countertop sales *cambria *zodiac *caesar stone *kitchen Craft *miralis *luxor *corian *profesional design *laminate countertops *cabinet hardware *handles and knobs *granite countertops *countertop sales