Classic Home Inspections Inc.

Guildwood Village Toronto ON M1E 1G5
Home Inspection
Classic Home Inspections Inc.

Reviews for Classic Home Inspections Inc.

Gary from North York-2163
Gary from North York-2163

Home inspection

When looking for a company to inspect a home that I was buying, I called about 10 in all. Voice messages were left for all. Only 4 called back, which tells you something right there about what companies you do not want working for you.
Of the 4, I was most impressed with Classic Home Inspections. When speaking with Brent the owner, he came across very professional, very knowledgeable, and extremely friendly.And his price was reasonable. He sold me right then and there on his company doing the work.
I mentioned to my real estate agent who I had lined up for my home inspection. Her words were....great guy, excellent company, but he does take longer than most to complete the inspection. Which meant he does his job thoroughly, no in and out and a job half done.And that is exactly what you want in a company inspecting your new home which is the biggest purchase of your life.

When the actual inspection was done, I could have not been more pleased. Brent walked me through everything that he found that needed to be fixed or replaced. And I might add, he was a great guy to talk with for the 2 hour inspection. Brent left us with a binder with everything that he had checked, and everything that needed to be fixed. Which makes sure that you do not forget things when your not moving in for 2 months.

I give Classic Home Inspection 5 stars, and Brent the same rating. Would highly recommend this company to anyone needing a home inspection.

Thanks once again
Gary Mifflin

A little known fact Gary, 40% of the home inspectors that will open for business this coming year, won't be in business by the end of it. The remaining balance will play at it part- time. Based on what you've just said, I would suspect customer service had something to do with it. As for length of time on a home inspection, I fully respect the fact that people don't want to hang out with a home inspector for long, but Classic Home Inspections goal is to have you understand the property as well as we do. You've hired us, we work for you, it's you're money buying the property, and we are there until you understand everything about it. Sure there is a general time set, but hey, we dedicate that time for you. It's as long as you fully understand the property you are about buy. Thank you for the feedback Gary !

Nephy from North York
Nephy from North York

Home inspection

I have called Mr. Jeffreys on a short notice because I had a problem at my property that I could not solve. Mr. Jeffreys was very polite and has made space on a Sunday and came over to check the problem, and informed me what was missing, how to fix it and how much it would be approximately. He is very professional in his work and his rates were reasonable and it was a great pleasure to have met him and I will definetly be working with him in the future. Furthermore, I will recommend his services to the ones I know. Thank you Jeffreys

Thank you for the feedback Nephy! Although we cannot quote what a contractor will charge you, we can assist you what work should be done. (note to reader: see "Sherri in Swansea" in a previous review). Nephy had purchased a house a while back and did not get a home inspection done. She has had problems with the house, having to bring in contractors to repair and re-repair ongoing issues with the house. In this case Nephy had two unrelated moisture problems in the basement. The first, she thought was a large problem, turned out to be a simple inexpensive fix. The second, would require a contractor to come in. Classic Home Inspections informed Nephy on the source of the problems and the work to be involved for repair. Thank you for choosing Classic Home Inspections Nephy.

Full Home Inspection

If your looking for a proper home inspection "Classic Home Inspection Inc." is the company for you. Remember you get what you pay for!! Awsome job by Brent, I highly recommend his company for any property inspections. If you would like to here of my experience you can email me at
ddimaria@somervilleauto.com
Thanks for an awsome job Brent.

Dino

Wow, I should be hiring you as my marketing manager Dino. Thank you for the feedback. I always encourage a person to call around when shopping for a home inspector. However, a person should really be asking these questions, 1) The credentials, 2) are they full time, 3) what do they offer in terms of a report. Cheaper home inspectors are not legit, they do &quotwalk throughs&quot, give a simple checklist, and are more interested in getting their money and getting back home then giving a proper home inspection. Classic Home Inspections DO NOT consider these companies competition. Thank you Dino for choosing Classic Home Inspections. We're glad you're happy with the inspection.

At home in Toronto
At home in Toronto

Home inspection (Roof)

Our 2nd floor sunroom roof was leaking heavily, so we obtained 3 repair quotes. The first repairman using binoculars from our driveway to examine the area quoted $2,000 for the work. The second one spent over 1.5 hours on the roof. He quoted $15,000. (The problem area was much larger than the other 2 thought). The third person quoted $2,000 after looking down at the roof through an upper window. Each quote was for re-shingling. Because 2 of the estimators didn’t bother to go onto the roof, and the other was so expensive, I called Brent for help. He arrived at the appointed time and we went onto the roof where Brent spent less than 5 minutes examining the area before showing me a piece of flashing that was no longer secured properly, as well as another area which had a gap between the shingles, flashing and roof. When I put my finger into the gap, I could feel the wetness. After double-checking the entire area, Brent looked at me and said “Sherri, you don’t need a new roof – you probably don’t even need a handyman. What you need is a $10 pail of roofing tar and you need to apply it all along here. You also need to nail that piece of flashing back in and apply some tar over there, and if that doesn’t solve your problem, I’ll come back.” It took me less than 1/2 an hour to do exactly as instructed, and I have had no leaks since. Thank you Brent - I will hot hesitate to recommend you to anyone!

Thank you for the kind words Sherri. I'm glad that I was of help. It's a shame with all the great roofing companies out there, you had three of them who tried taking advantage of a situation. After looking at you roof, I was somewhat suspect of the roofers telling you that a new roof/shinges were required, especially when the problem was not only obvious, it was a fairly easy fix at minimal cost.

Anthony from Mid town
Anthony from Mid town

Roof Inspection

I have been battling a roofing company for a horrible roofing job that they had done 14 months ago. In short, I refuse to pay, and they claim there is nothing wrong with the work. As a school teacher/musician, I have no background in construction and could not confirm my suspicions. I finally decided to call a objective third party. I called Classic Home Inspections Inc. Brent agreed to come to my the next day at 3 p.m. He was punctual and did a thorough inspection of the roof. As he was inspecting the roof, he kept a continuous dialogue with me regarding various issues of the roofing job. My suspicions were confirmed and there were in fact many problems with the original job. He wrote a thorough report which I was able to send to the roofing companies office. Brent was punctual, courteous, efficient and kept me informed throughout the process. I would highly recommend him.

Maria Genova
Maria Genova

inspected entire home

As a first time home buyer, I was unsure of what to expect when buying a home. I was recommend to me to higher a home inpsector so I called Classic home inspections and it was the best thing I did. The inspector was honest, detailed, and provided all the information I would need to feel confident about my purchase. I would recommend Classic home Inspection to anyone in the market, whether it's a home or a condo. Thank you for the detail, and honest job!

Thank you Maria, and congratulations on your new home. You were wise by choosing a completely unbiased, third party home inspection company for the inspection. Glad I was of help.

More about Classic Home Inspections Inc.

,Call or text us at 416 458 5895

We have been featured on "HGTV" and "CBC NEWSWORLD"

Thank you for checking us out!

As you will see, we only have 100% REAL CUSTOMER REVIEWS written below. I DO NOT subcontract out to other home inspectors. We have been on Homestars for 10 years!!! With Homestars we allow you to tell us how we are doing.

You want to make sure that you are going to hire someone who is qualified for the job, goes through the home with great detail, and provides you a fully written report.

Why not do a little research on a company before making that call? Classic Home Inspections is NOT here to sell you on us and tell you that we are “the best”, or tell you that we are “the most trusted”. We are on here to allow the people who have used our services to tell you how we are doing. The hundreds of Classic Home Inspections reviews are from REAL CUSTOMERS. We at Classic Home Inspections think the purpose of Homestars is to tell you what people think of us, not to tell you how we think we are. We hope you find it a useful tool when looking for a home inspector.

Our goal at Classic Home Inspections is to have you understand the home as well as we do. We offer competitive rates and flexible hours.

Thank you for all those who have found us on Homestars and for choosing Classic Home Inspections.