Ciot Habitat

Tile & Stone Retailers
1020 Lawrence Ave W Toronto ON M6A 1C8

Reviews for Ciot Habitat

Amir from Quasar Trend Inc.
Amir from Quasar Trend Inc.

Disappointed

Purchased tiles, slabs and mosaics for two of my custom home projects. Had following problems:
1-Basement tiles had black lines which cpuldnt be erased.
2- Same basement tiles came in different sizes making in difficult for my tileman
3- For all areas had to order mote tiles despite estomation being done by Ciot.
4- For a single shower I was left with 4 extra boxes of mosaic!!! And they don't accept return.
5- one 8by4 Alan was broken upon delivery. Driver admitted verbally. When I asked them to replace the broken piece, everyone in Ciot denied UNTIL I managed to see same drive and got him to sign.
Terrible service.

Mr. & Mrs. M in Toronto
Mr. & Mrs. M in Toronto

Kitchen, Laundry, Feature wall

Having been through a few renovations we have now learned some preferred shops that suit our style. Ciot is one of these stores where we were able to find the right marble tile selection for both renos. And while we were very happy with the material we chose, we would not necessarily suggest this as somewhere to go if you need help from a salesperson to give you a thorough walk through based solely on your beginning basic description. We suggest waiting to go here until you have a strong idea of what you're looking for.

Sharon from York

416-785-8080
1020 Lawrence Ave W
Toronto
M6A 1C8

Overall, I received reasonable service from Ciot. The prices were good as my designer got an excellent discount. Unlike the experiences that others had, they were able to give me most of the samples I asked for. The problem I had was that a tile I had was not in stock and I feel they were dishonest with me about its estimated arrival. They made up a date 3 weeks away but had no basis for picking that date. When that day came and went the sales person would not give me a straight answer and stopped responding to emails and calls. When I called their distribution department they told me they have no idea when the tiles might arrive and they are coming from Italy. Unfortunately, this was a mosaic accent that i based my entire bathroom around and i had already installed thousands of dollars of tiles. Now I am looking for a replacement mosaic which I'm sure won't be as nice. If they had been honest upfront, i could have picked something else.

Valeri in Etobicoke
Valeri in Etobicoke
9 reviews ETOBICOKE, ON

Bathroom marble tiles

I visited many tile suppliers and decided to buy from Ciot mostly because they had a beautiful stone on display. The ordering was handled by Manal who said the order will be ready in 3-4 days. In reality the order was ready in 7 days. When it was delivered to me, all 1x2 feet tiles were not marble but porcelain with a thin layer of marble veneered on top of porcelain base. Manal told me before the delivery that floor tiles (smaller 1x1 foot ones) which constituted a mall part of the order (one eights of it) were not full marble, but veneer. Well, she got it wrong, because when it was delivered it was the bulk of the order (everything except for the small portion of 1x1 tiles) were veneer. Calling Ciot on the phone is a bad joke, they are constantly understaffed, on vacation and with the client. And I, who already payed $5000 is not a client? I am short of words to express my frustration with Ciot.

Roy from Toronto
Roy from Toronto

kitchen countertop

We went to Ciot to get our countertop. It was unfortunate that they didn't have samples for us, but our sales person Sandra was very helpful. The quality was top of the line, unfortunately they don't do the work themselves and they shipped it to a fabricator which took longer than we anticipated, but overall we were very satisfied and the granite looks great in our kitchen!

Anna Della Mora in North york
Anna Della Mora in North york
2 reviews North York, ON

Kitchen Counter

I changed my kitchen counter and the contractor I used suggested I visit Ciot for a variety of stone countertops. It is a great place to visit if you are in the process of renovating your kitchen, bathroom etc. They have a large assortment of stone pieces to choose from. The service is superb and the place is meticiously maintained. You will not be disappointed. The lighting inside is also good so you can get a good idea of what the stone looks like. They will mark what you like and you have a couple of weeks to make your decision.

Natalia in Etobicoke
Natalia in Etobicoke
2 reviews ETOBICOKE, ON

Kitchen tile

Found a backsplash tile I thought would work for my new kitchen and requested a sample. A sample was not available. I took a chance and bought $900 worth of tile on faith. Sadly it did not look nearly as good in my kitchen as it did in the store. CIOT on Lawrence charged me a $130 restocking fee for returning these in-stock tiles. There is no way such a massive fee is justified, especially given that they could not provide a sample. Buyer beware!

Denise in Riverdale
Denise in Riverdale

Tile

I hate to post a negative review - but my experience with CIOT was not good. We are in the process of renovating 3 bathrooms - and purchasing a considerable amount of tile. CIOT has beautiful tiles but we simply could not get any service there. They told us they do not have samples - suggested we take pictures of the tile we wanted. We couldn't even hold one piece of tile up to another to see if the tones were complimentary. Finally we ordered one of each tile - and we we were told they would call us to tell us when they were in. Six weeks later we are still waiting and we had to buy all of our tiles elsewhere. It is curious that they did not seem to want our business at all.

Mike in Unionville
Mike in Unionville

Marble supplier for Master Bathroom

Ciot provided us with the best price-point and arranged for us to visit the warehouse in order to inspect the entire load of marble tile in advance of purchase. The quality of the product was superior. They provided us with discounted pricing that our contractor could not surpass, delivered on-site on-time. It was a pleasure to deal with them

Content
Content

designer clients

I have sent clients to Ciot on numerous occasions and sometimes it is hit and miss, but overall i must say im content. Sometimes my clients have returned disatisfied with thier overall service but happy with the slection and quaity available to them. often a few of the sales women will brush off customers but when they are willing to help, they are rather knowledgeable and helpful, especially Karen, Jackie and Marcie. Saturday tends to be rather busy and often under staffed but the receptionist Danielle is always friendly and approachable. Additionally she seems very helpful in problem sloving customer issues -- which i have experienced first hand and i must say i appreciated very much, but for some reason she is not always at Ciot. Lastly, this location does not have samples readily on site, due to the lack of space so one must be prepared to order and purchase thier samples.

More about Ciot Habitat

Ciot for marble, stone, granite, onyx, ceramic and mosaic.
Looking for Tile & Stone Retailers pros in North York?