Chouinard Bros Roofing

Reviews for Chouinard Bros Roofing

Dave B.
Dave B.

New Roof

The crew was very professional --- they worked quickly and neatly ... periodically picking up shingles that missed the bucket and when they were finished, they "swept our property at least twice with a magnet to pick up loose roofing nails ... then they hand picked up all small pieces of shingles and wood that were around the work areas...and when they asked for extra water, they were very polite and very appreciative. I would recommend this company without hesitation.

Thanks so much for the positive feedback Dave! Our crews are aware that replacing a roof is a messy process so we work hard to clean up afterwards. Since an average roof requires Twelve Thousand nails it isn't always an easy process but we try our best. I'm glad that we were able to make this a good experience for you!

Ryan in Aurora
Ryan in Aurora
1 review Aurora, ON

New roof

Good job, second time using Chouinard Bros.
30 years ago, Roof was amazing, team was great.
Once again they never fail to do a great job.
Thanks for the good work.

Hi Ryan,
Thanks so much for making Chouinard Bros your trusted roofer! Your home is your biggest investment and we are glad that you are relying on us to help protect it.

SVCM
SVCM
1 review Aurora, ON

Very professional from the initial quote and meeting to the very well trained workers. The quote was explained and detailed for easy understanding. The workers communicated with me daily and kept me updated around start times and weather conditions. The property was left exactly as found with careful consideration for any nails or debris. The job was executed as discussed with follow up done by a quality control staff member. Lastly, the company has been in business for many years in our area so I have complete confidence with our warranties.

Hi there,
We are so glad that you are satisfied with the experience from start to finish! We strongly believe in always trying our best to provide homeowners with a new roof with as little hassle as possible. Thank you for sharing!

Private User reviews Newmarket, ON

replaced roof

very prompt service, salesman very knowledgeable and helpful, quick service as our roof was in bad condition,

office staff took time to help with more info on types of shingles etc

installers were on time and very serious about work and hard workers replaced boards on roof as needed

Hello,
We are very happy that your reroof experience was so good. After being in this business for over 45 years, we always commit to making sure the process goes as smoothly as possible.

Roofing, insulation and gutters

The service and work provided by Derry and the staff of Chouinard Bros. for my home was for me the best. Everyone was very professional, responsive and extremely helpful. I felt as if I was family. Thank you.

Hi there,
Thanks so much for the kind words. Our team here at Chouinard Bros. works very hard to make every customer's experience special.

suzyq
suzyq

Flat roof replacement

Excellent workmanship, proud of their work, very friendly and courteous.
Made sure we the clients were satisfied.

Hi Suzy,
We are so glad that you are satisfied with your experience with Chouinard Bros!

markseinfeld
markseinfeld

Innstallation of New Roof

Chouinard Bros. Roofing provided a new roof in 2008 with follow up inspections since. The installation was very professional with no issues. Service was excellent in all respects. Chouinard Bros Roofing are my roofers for life with the highest recommendation.

Hi Mark, thanks so much for this! We are very happy that you have been so satisfied with our work for such an extended period of time and we look forward to continuing to assist you with your roofing needs in the future.

S in Marlham
S in Marlham

Shoddy

Friendly very young repairman hired to replace shingles on 2 areas of the roof. Wasted a VC day as he first came with the wrong shingle colour. The next time, the work was completed and looked ok. They did not last though. After a couple of years, they started to peel again in the same areas. Now need entire roof redone, but will use another company.

Hello, we are sorry that your experience was not what you expected. We would like to discuss this further with you. Please call our office so we can help come to a resolution.

#notthiscompany in Beeton
#notthiscompany in Beeton
1 review Kettleby, ON

Stay Away

Since I can't respond to the companies response. I deleted my comment to edit it. I enjoy how the company wrote the response after they sent an investigator, to show what they did. I will say it was appreciated, and the call from the GM and the new inspector are more personable than the previous ppl. That being said... your company was the one who recommended the shingles I got! I also lost singles 8 months after I got the roof, and the winds were not over even 80km/h. Which the company charged me 250 to fix. after the 1st inspector came you did not try to help me submiy a claim, i got a 1 page letter saying it's the owners prerogative to submit a claim. I could attach that letter if people want to see. Also, sending the 2nd investigator (new professional one) after I wrote my last review, what am I going to go?? put a claim through the supplier and get a voucher for the same garbage singles, which the GM did say they were not good and they dont use them anymore. Then I will have to pay someone to put the crap shingles back on? Also... i will update my last comment, as the new inspector said I have 5 years left for this roof.. so my roof will last me 10 years max. It's unfortunate that the previous GM and staff along with inspector was unprofessional and don't stand by their work. Now this is something the new people can deal with. I have attached the photograph from the couple shingles that came off 8 months after installed, along with the approx 50 to 60 shingles that came off in May 2018.

Hi there, I’m sorry that you were disappointed by your experience. The wind storms in April and May were unprecedented and caused damage throughout Ontario. The reality is that 3-tab shingles are rated for winds up to 95-110kph and the wind storms had measured sustained gusts of up to 100km/h. This does not account for higher winds that are experienced in the wind tunnels that are created between homes, up valleys or between dormers, or up a roof slope if a house is positioned near an open field.
While we can appreciate how frustrating it is to lose shingles, we did send out our Inspector and confirmed the shingles did not have an installation issue. Chouinard Bros. did offer to help facilitate a warranty claim with the manufacturer (we cannot initiate a claim - it must come from the homeowner). Chouinard's sent out another Inspector after your first post, to ensure that the repairs you had carried out by a third party where done to correct standards. (We even sealed down the third party's repair to try and help prevent further damage.) This does not mean that we do not appreciate how frustrating your experience was and hope that by educating you with proper warranty procedures we have helped you better understand the process.

Sophia
Sophia

Vinyl siding

We needed to get a house resided but are living out of town. The office was amazing to work with along with the contractor. They were on constant communication. We were never left out of the loop. We put a lot of trust not being in town at the time and they did and excellent job in a timely matter. Would use them again and recommend.

Hi Sophia, thanks so much for this! Having been in business for over 45 years, we are proud of the great team we have built. Communication is key in any project and we are very glad that you put your trust in Chouinard Bros.

More about Chouinard Bros Roofing

Provide the best Installation & Service experience to a discerning group of Homeowners & Businesses requiring property improvement solutions including Repair / Replacement of Roofing, Siding and Aluminum for Residential / Commercial properties.