Chair Source

Furniture
Chair Source

Reviews for Chair Source

Extremely poor

Purchased 4 stools for my client. Opened the box and saw bad weld joints not represented in the website photo. Phoned the company wanted a refund, they said no refund. We are pressed for the store opening, the company did not have any replacement, but said they are dealing with the supplier. When pressed about why the website photos different from the actual, they replied they had a sample in their show room that also showed bad weld; and questioned why as a designer, we buy the chair without checking it out at their showroom. It was never advised to us that we need to do that prior to purchase. Look all we want is a refund so we can find other stools, there is no need to get personal. As a company, they need to take responsibility of what is really presented in the web photos instead of blaming the designers.

This anonymous user (KAREN MAK from DKSTUDIO ARCHITECTS)did indeed purchase 4 custom Canadian made stools from us on line. She was asked to come into the showroom to see them and select finishes and covers but chose to do so from her office instead. One item has an issue with a weld and a replacement base was offered at no charge but was declined. She angrily demanded a refund instead after insulting our product, service and myself. Although we do not refund made to order product, I offered her this with a small restock fee (as I now have to try to sell them off to cover my costs ). She accepted and then began posting angry reviews on Facebook and this site. This is supposed to be a professional project manager and as such is held to a different level of conduct then a regular walk in client...these are not the actions of such an individual.

diane.kerbel in Toronto
diane.kerbel in Toronto

Do not shop here!

When am I going to learn? Read the reviews before shopping! I do this for services but still have not learned to do it for a retailer. Lesson learned (again). We purchased 8 dining room chairs at least 2 months ago. We were told delivery would be 3-4 weeks. After 2 weeks we were called to say that the chairs were 'back ordered'. We asked why we were not told this at the time of the order. Of course they blamed the mistake on the manufacturer. They were going to be delivered at the end of June. Well into July I had to call to find out what the 'f' was happening with the chairs. Of course they would be delivered in another few weeks.....as if I trusted their word at that point. I detest retailers who are anxious to sell and get your money but are not anxious to deliver. At this point I was dealing with Robert, the manager. He was belligerent, obnoxious and rude. I asked that the chairs be assembled and delivered to my home, free of charge as compensation for the inconvenience and frustration. We had been without any dining room chairs for more than a month (counting on their delivery when promised). Of course, Robert, who does not understand good customer service, refused! When will these people learn that satisfied customers will come back! So the order was cancelled, we received a refund and have now purchased nicer chairs, for a lower price and will have them delivered this week.

Thank you Robert. You did us a really big favour.

This is a letter that my husband sent to Robert, which I think was very civil...not Robert's response. Please read on.

Dear Bonnie,

Let me introduce myself - I am Dr Robert Kerbel, Diane's husband. Diane has her point of view, you have yours. Fair enough. But when disputes of this sort happen one of the things one can now do is try and get an idea of the general quality and honesty of the service of a business by looking up online reviews. Now I know, as a cancer research scientist, these reviews can be selective and biased on occasion - you do not simply go by a few reviews, but look at the broad landscape. After our experience that is what I did and clearly, in retrospect, I should have done it beforehand. if I had done so, we would not have decided to visit your showroom. In short, while there are some positive reviews, the majority are terribly negative as are your average ratings. Three out of ten? How humiliating. And your response to these reviews is to say the posters are all ignorant. How Donald Trump! Another thing you can do is look up the reviews of various competitor businesses that sell chairs. It is a small sample size, but here is what I have found so far:

ElteMarket, 4 stars out of 5;
Shelter, 10 out of 10;
Morba, 4.5/5 (BlogTO) and 5/5 (Facebook)
Calligaris, 5/5 (Blog,TO) 5/5 Facebook)
Stylegarage, 4 stars out of 5

If I keep searching I am sure I will eventually find a business that has a very low rating similar or worse than Chairsource. But I do not have the time.

I have no doubt, Bonnie, of the sincerity of your comment that the TEAM treats all customers with respect and dignity - when they first come in the store and represent a potential sale. It is when problems arise later, as happened in our case, and with many others, that the true test of how customers are treated becomes evident. And in this case the evidence is clear - the online reviews and ratings of Chairsource are likely depressingly truthful and accurate.

Yours sincerely,

Bob Kerbel

This is Robert's response. Just what you would expect.
Bob
Let’s cut the crap.

Our reason behind not taking on line reviews seriously stems from this. On line companies request monthly fees from us to “ handle our account” which in lament terms means that if I pay them a monthly fee they publish the dozens of positive reviews that I know were in fact submitted and not posted and as well will be more discriminating in the negative reviews published…I refuse to pay these extortion fees and as such receive a 3 out of ten from terrible on line sites. I really do not care what you think of our store as despite my best efforts to have a civil conversation with your wife on several occasions, she insisted on being belligerent, rude, yelling and finally slamming the phone down in my ear mid conversation ( not how civilized adults converse ). I wish there was a site where we could rate our clients as your wife would be a 2 out of 10 at best. Regardless, you are not the type of client we want and if on line reviews are so important feel free to write one…Our clientele does not frequent these sites so I stand by my comments. Maybe in the future instead of judging my business you can judge your wife’s deplorable behavior when all I was doing was giving her a status and offering free assembly on the least expensive chair we have in the entire showroom.

I will no longer respond nor will any staff as your emails will all go to junk where they belong.

By the way…I love Trump.

Judge for yourselves folks. Who do you think has more credibility?

Diane did indeed purchase chairs from us on May 13th 2017 and did receive a phone call explaining that they were out of stock at my suppliers and would be arriving in about 4-5 weeks. This is not Chair Source being rude but the contrary. I offered to include some assembly free of charge that would normally cost $160 for 8 chairs but that was unacceptable to her. I called her this week to let her know that the items were still in transit and would be here in about 10 days when I was confronted by screaming, demands for compensation, swearing and finally a hang up. Suppliers occasionally have back orders and all we can do is let the clients know...she was given several opportunities to re select or cancel but chose to wait instead. I do also want to point out that this client has a similar battle with another furniture store that also received a poor review so once again all I ask is that you please take these with a grain of salt and give the response the same weight as the review. Now that she has edited the response to post emails this is what I was sent from her:

"Of course you do! You're both losers!!!! ",
"And you're just an asshole and a moron!
"You must be ffing kidding.
After waiting for 2 months you think I"m going to start all over again!!! I will accept the chairs and then trash you on social media. If you were willing to absorb the cost of assembly and delivery I would let it go. But without this compensation I will wait until we receive the chairs and then tell the world what awful service we have received from you. There are consequences to all of our actions. Most of the time I receive incredible service but occasionally I don't and I tell the world about these awful experiences.

**Note to all consumers. Please take into account, when on sites like these, that Chair Source services over 2500 clients a year and has been doing so for over 20 years with only this handful of disgruntled clients. We have a beautiful showroom with helpful experienced staff. I have had dozens of clients attempt to post positive reviews but unless I pay HomeStars a monthly "account management fee", they are NEVER posted. This is how they extort monies from honest businesses. Please do not support this site by posting or visiting them on line.

Carol P.
Carol P.

Fantastic Bar Stools & Service

We had been searching for the perfect bar stools and finally found them at The Chair Source. Geoff the design consultant helped us choose the stool and size and custom design the colour and seats to corordinate with our kitchen ... he was extremely knowledgeable and we really appreciated all of his help.
The stools were delivered on time and Geoff followed up on all details with us ... the stools are made in Quebec and were custom designed for us ... they look amazing we were extremely happy with the quality and the design. Even the delivery people were so efficient and neat ... they came exactly on time and unwrapped the stools and took all the paper away and they even took our old stools!!!
Thank you Geoff and we highly recommend The Chair Source for service .... quality and delivery.

Thank you carol for taking the time to post this review. We appreciate your business and look forward to future visits.

Private User reviews Belleville, ON

Product sold is not product delivered!

We were shown chairs, cross sectioned of interior,sat on them, went back several times until deciding to purchase them.
The order took 3x longer than promised.
I believe wholeheartedly the product delivered to us ( which we were made to pay in full before delivery) were not the chairs we ordered or were shown in showroom. These are 3rd rate chairs! We paid first rate price for. The seats are completely substandard and are not comfortable whatsoever. Never buy from this dishonest company!

As this client has chosen to remain anonymous and has never called me to express her concerns over the quality, I have not been able to assist her at all. If she wishes to do so then she can simply ask for the Manager so i may look into the item in question. We do require payments prior to freighting product to clients for obvious reasons but have never and will never order a substandard item and replace it with the clients order. We are not dishonest and have no way of knowing the legitimacy of this complaint without more information. Reputable sites for reviews would have requested a PO number and specific details prior to posting a private user review like this.

Lousy After Sales Service

I'd say it's pretty bad service when you pay $2,200.00 for 4 chairs and a table and need two replacement plastic chair glides worth no more than $0.25 each and the sales manager hangs up the phone on you. Never again.

This client purchased a table and chairs several years ago and called to obtain a few chair glides. She refused to provide any information regarding her original purchase and was insistent that I order her the new parts from Montreal and ship them to her home in Barrie at no charge. She was extremely rude and condescending to the administrator, my sales associate and myself. After I was told to "shove the glides and chairs" and that she would never shop here I ended the conversation. Although we offer great customer and have done so for 22 years, I do instruct my staff to refrain from being verbally abused by clients.

Island stools

A work colleague recommended Chairsource. We dealt with one of the most knowledgable sales people we've encountered in 30 years of shopping. He provided excellent advice and we are very happy with the stools. Fortunately we never read the reviews on this site as they would have steered us away from Chairsource. Subsequently found out that our kitchen supplier who did great job on our reno also uses Chairsource. Definitely worth the trip to Vaughan.

Ordered a table base

This company is VERY UNPROFESSIONAL AND UNETHICAL. Horrible customer service. I am a professional interior designer and would NEVER recommend buying anything from this company. The do NOT stand behind their product and do NOT have any type of expertise in what they sell.

This "designer" ordered a table base for a stone top, and although we suggested another model, she made the decision to order a less expensive base. She then increased the stone size and as such was concerned over its structural viability. She was ill equipped to produce a custom piece and unfortunately lacked the design knowledge to complete this to her clients satisfaction. We do stand behind our product and are very knowledgeable but this designer refused to listen to our recommendations and as such was liable to her client for any future retrofit of said base.

Laura
Laura
7 reviews King City, ON

Kitchen chairs

Ordered 4 leather kitchen chairs. They arrived 4 months after they were expected, but the manager gave us similar chairs to use in the meantime and delivered the new chairs himself due to the inconvenience. Chairs we received are great and have had them for 2 years now, no issues. I am very surprised at all the negative reviews....

SF from Vaughan
SF from Vaughan

Recover of an Ottoman

Along with purchasing 2 chairs, Chair Source recovered an Ottoman for us in a cream leather. Upon delivery, we noticed a nick or slight gash on the top of the Ottoman. While the damaged area was not very large, we brought this to their attention and they sent someone to our house to patch it up. Neither my wife or I were satisfied with the job that was done and this was brought to their attention. After constantly being told that they could not see any damage and this is as good as it is going to get, my wife left the store with our damaged Ottoman, with clearly no-one caring at all. My wife was told on numerous occasions that we should be more concerned with the state of the legs than the leather covering - which completely blows my mind. She was also told that the customer is not always right and they will not be doing anything further in this regard. She asked to speak to the owner who was not available at the time, but upon leaving the store, another person came to speak to her and tried to appease the situation, and said that they will document what has happened, and should it get any worse, they will address it then. When she asked to speak to the owner again, she was told "you don't want to speak to them - they have less people skills than the other staff you have been dealing with".
Very reassuring to hear!!!!!
People - beware.... If you want to be treated like garbage, made to feel like you are meaningless and once they have taken your money, you are nothing to them, then this is the place to shop.
0/10 is a complimentary review for this disgusting store!

In response to Chair Source's response to us - firstly the "gash" was originally about a 1cm squared area, which was attempted to be patched up and repaired. The "repair" job was not done satisfactorily and this was pointed out to the rude sales staff at the Company. The damage is far from a "pin prick" in size, and at the end of the day, we are your customers who have paid you to do work for us. We are not satisfied in the quality of your work and more importantly, your disgustingly rude attitudes. For some reason, we are treated like we are in the wrong. To be told by your sales staff that the customer is not always right is a tribute to how much you care for your customers.
Business must be great for you guys if you don't care how you treat your customers, or if customers will return.

This client brought us their ottoman to recover and purchased 2 custom chairs from our location. Both pieces were inspected and came out beautiful. The customer made us aware of what was described as a "gash" in the leatherette. This turned out to be a pin prick size mark on ottoman that I could not find until it was pointed out and even then could barely see it. I explained that if her concern was the worsening of this mark, I would be happy to make a note that if this should occurred, we will look after the situation. She wanted the entire ottoman recovered in fresh leatherette at our expense and unfortunately that could not be justified for what was an almost non existent mark. We do try to resolve all issues with clients to the best of our ability but some clients cannot be appeased and as such write angry reviews.

**Note to all consumers. Please take into account, when on sites like these, that Chair Source services over 2500 clients a year and has been doing so for over 20 years with only this handful of disgruntled clients. We have a beautiful showroom with helpful experienced staff. I have had dozens of clients attempt to post positive reviews but unless I pay Homestars a monthly "account management fee", they are NEVER posted. This is how they extort monies from honest businesses. Please do not support this site by posting or visiting them on line.

Looking for Furniture pros in Concord?