Central Fairbank Lumber

1900 Steeles Ave W Concord ON L4K 1A1
HomeStars  >  Moldings / Mouldings in Concord  >  Central Fairbank Lumber

Reviews for Central Fairbank Lumber

Shipping means shipping

This company was supposed to ship me some lumber purchased. They erroriously gave the lumber to a contractor "Derek" from Derricton contracting who took materials.

Fairbank Lumber refuses to return my money although they acknowledged I don't have the materials and they are in breach of the consumer protection act. Their controller "Krystina" is horrid and interrogates her customers under horrid conditions. The manager Joe appears irresponsible or indifferent to errors.

Spellman Family in Toronto
Spellman Family in Toronto

Custom Doors & Special Order Hardware

We have had a terrible experience with this company.

Our custom doors came late and in two deliveries - outside the original date we had been given for delivery.

The doors are roughly cut and some are warped. Mulitple calls to the manager were not returned.

The was an error by Central Fairbanks in the hardware order. The only saving grace in Customer Service was Kevin who has strived to help us with the order. That said, when trying to collect the hardware there was pushback to return the original hardware - ordered in error by the company - for a refund and the new hardware is now missing. Central Fairbanks is investigating...

raj in Toronto
raj in Toronto

custom moulding

Central Fairbank Lumber has a great selection of moulding and trim pieces to create an elegant look in your home. I wanted to add wainscotting in my new cookie cutter home and the prices and selection at central fairbank lumber were the best compared with any where else i had seen.

Poonam Sehgal from Toronto
Poonam Sehgal from Toronto

Wainscotting

My husband and I were looking to get some moulding for our wainscotting project. We went to the big box stores and while their stuff was nice, it wasnt as appealing as the stuff you will find here. They make their moulding on site. Take a number, get a friendly associate to help you and you're on your way to the warehouse to pick up what you need. Great experience and great prices.

Nina in Etobicoke
Nina in Etobicoke
12 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Home renovation

Central Fairbank Lumber has a vast selection of trimmings at unbelievably low price that no other major competitors in the industry cay offer. When you place the order, you automatically save 20% you would have to pay at the most pronounced stores. The associates are very knowledgeable and can be easily seen on the spot. The wooden casings and baseboards we purchased completely satisfied our tastes and budget. We recommend the retailer to anyone who hesitates to buy wooden trimmings because of their high cost. At the Central Fairbank Lumber you can find quality, selection and reasonable prices at one spot.

suzie in Etobicoke
suzie in Etobicoke
2 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Baseboards & Trim

I recently purchased baseboards and trim for the home. Excellent quality and prices. they look great.

they have a wide selection of designs and styles, staff is knowledgeable. and product is generally available. i've had no issues with stock. i would definitely continue to purchase from this supplier and would recommend.

Mike  in North york
Mike in North york
8 reviews North York, ON

New house

The company carries most of its lumber in it's storage attached to the main building and that makes it unique for last minute lumber needs in case you modify a drawing in the last minute.

iperwash
iperwash
8 reviews Bolton, ON

millwork,

I bought floor boards for my customers home, I painted both sides,it dried for appx 1 week prior to installation. I noticed the boards were not installing properly, I modified them to fit after getting a shoulder shrug from the customer service rep behind the counter. When I left the job, my porch was immaculate. I came back two weeks later to photograph it, I will now have to replace the floor boards. I'm embarrassed at the thought of anyone even seeing this. To make matters worse I have asked fairbanks to have a look, to their credit they did. It's been a month I still have not heard back, I guess I'm on the low priority list.

Now after 6 weeks I've been able to speak to the sales rep, he lost my number, honest mistake. He was going to speak to the manufacturer and get back to me, I hope he lost my number again because it's now been three days. In the mean while I've given up on calling my (surely frustrated by now)clients, as I can't keep telling them to wait a little longer. Fairbank's take on my storey is that it's the manufacturers problem, they say the manufacturer never had a chance to make the sitution right as I modified the product to make it fit better. I painted all six sides to improve longevity, that isn't bad for the product. So now fairbanks says I can by the replacement wood at their cost, Thanks, and I'll do the installation again at my own cost again too.

Brian from Ossington Village
Brian from Ossington Village

Trim Supplies

I've spent some time at Central Fairbanks over the last few months as I've put baseboards, window and door trim, and now crown moulding. They have always had all the items I need in stock, cut it to the right length, and their guys always come up with intersting ideas to make the trim more interesting and dynamic. Great company.

HK in North York
HK in North York
2 reviews ,

First quality cedar for exterior deck

2007 - The paint specialist here suggested a product called Austailian Timber Oil, by Cabot. This product was rubbed on to each piece prior to assembly. Looks fabulous and took the winter weather very well without any signs of dulling or wear. LOVE IT! GREAT ADVISE! North York building inspector says,"Nicest deck I've seen all season...congratulations" T.H.