CB Tree Service

Reviews for CB Tree Service

Henry in Toronto
Henry in Toronto

Exterior Cleanup

Craig was very quick to respond to my inquiry about my exterior tree/overgrowth issue with my new home. He came the same day to review the scope of work and was available to do the work the following week as I preferred. Craig and his staff were very efficient and reasonably priced. I will use him again in the Spring to tackle my backyard.

Hi Henry, glad to help. Thank you for the referral to your father as well. He is in good hands. I appreciate the work, the review and the referral. We're grateful for it all. We look forward to the spring to reciprocate our gratitude. Take care, all the best, Craig.

Private User reviews Markham, ON

Tree Felling

We had a 21” diameter, 50-year-old Norway maple tree that was dying and overhanging our house. Last summer, we accepted a quote from another tree care company to have it removed. Weeks later, we were told the job would be carried out in October, then it became December, then it became February. Had it not been for our finding CB Tree via Homestars, we would still be waiting!

CB Tree promptly provided a fair quote and proceeded with the work in spite of frigid weather. The work was executed skillfully and flawlessly. We also appreciate that they took the time to make sure that they cleaned up thoroughly.

What a pleasure it was to work with an owner/operator rather than some salesperson or franchisee! Craig is a real gentleman who is trustworthy and reliable. We hope to work with him again once spring arrives and tree preservative measures will be needed.

Thank you very much for the winter job and the kind review of our work. That tree had a nasty lean towards the house and with half of the root system mined out by the ant colony at the base, it was likely to fall over at some point. The added weight of winter ice and snow may have been enough to eventually cause the tree to topple. You were wise not to wait any longer.
I'm glad the job went well and pleased you're happy with our service. Please know that we look forward to helping you again in the future and that anyone you send our way will be treated well.
All the best to you.
Sincerely, Craig.

Russ N from Toronto
Russ N from Toronto

Tree removal

When you find a great contractor.......don’t forget his name and number.
This is the third time we’ve hired Craig and his crew over the past few years ( since the ice storm).Each time he was on time and on budget
He addressed our concerns and done within the hour .
And it was done this morning.......during the snow storm today!

Thanks a lot Russ. I'm glad we got that leaning tree down before something happened. It was listing toward the house at a bad angle that might have been persuaded to fall with a hard gust of wind or a coating of ice. You were wise to preempt the hazard.
I appreciate the review of our work.
Take care, all the best, Craig

Dave in North york
Dave in North york

Large Branch Removal

I had a large tree branch that had intertwined over 15 years with a neighbor's tree and was causing their tree to lean and possibly cause future damage to property. It was late fall and apparently, as I found out, a hard time to get a tree service to come out. I called many tree service companies and they either were too busy, didn't return calls, answer the phone or were not taking bookings past mid December. I was able to talk to someone at CB Tree service both times I called and Craig came out to give me a quote. Judging by approximate costs throughout this website and my own experience with arborists in the past, Craig's quote was competitive and he explained what he needed to do and how long it will take. He and his crew were pleasant, did an excellent job, cleaned up after themselves and cut the wood up I asked for into a useable size. As it turns out, it took somewhat longer to do the job but Craig stuck to his quote not trying to alter it. I appreciate that.

I would recommend CB Tree service, and won't hesitate to call them in the future.

Hi Dave,
That long branch pushing over your neighbor's tree created a very peculiar situation. It forked over both sides of the trunk of your neighbor's huge Pine tree and was pushing it over as it grew creating a dangerous lean and damaging the bark on both trees as they moved with the wind. We're happy the large branch came down without any issues and now both trees can strive and continue to grow normally. Thank you for the work and the review of our work, we're grateful for both. Please consider yourself one of our preferred customers. Anyone you send our way will be treated well also. We look forward to the chance to help again in the future.
I hope you have a great Christmas and enjoy the holiday season. All the best to you and your family.
Craig.

Jeff
Jeff

Removal of large broken branch

We had a large broken branch that needed to be removed.

We reached out to Craig and CB Tree Service. He came out the next day to do a quote and the work was done two days later.. Not only that, the price was far cheaper than the other quotes we received. He was also able to do the work on a much shorter timeline.

Thanks a lot Jeff. The job went well and we're grateful for the work, especially at this time of the year when tree work has slowed down somewhat as is seasonally expected.
Many people aren't aware that we work throughout the year and at substantially reduced winter rates.
Thank you for taking the time to review us, we appreciate it. Have a great Christmas and holiday season.

Gina from North York
Gina from North York

Prune Trees

CB Tree Service was working on my neighbors' trees and I went over to ask if they would come over to prune my trees. They are very professional and did a wonderful job. Very pleased and would not hesitate to use them again.

Hi Gina,
Thank you for the additional work on your trees. We're always grateful for unexpected work. I'm pleased you're pleased!
Please know you or anyone you send our way will be treated very well.

E in Toronto
E in Toronto

Removal of dead tree and pruning other trees

CB tree was one of the few we called from HomeStars. Craig called the next day and said he was in the neighbourhood and he can come by. We told him what we wanted done. He listened and he was very professional in explaining the details of what he was going to do. He was patient and knowledgeable. In less than a week, he was able to fit us in. We are very pleased with their work. They left the area spotless but most of all, he made a small plant stand as a souvenir from the tree that we had to cut. I would definitely use their service again.

Thank you so much for the kind words. Your job went very well and we appreciate your referral to your neighbor who had us do additional work while we were in place on your street. Your kind offering of coffee and muffins to the work crew was an unexpected delight, thanks again.
Please consider yourself a preferred customer and know that anyone you send our way will be treated well.

Dead Tree Removal

Had a dead tree in the front lawn that needed removal. Shopped around a little before choosing CB Trees. Very satisfied with the work done by Craig and his team!

They are very friendly, professional, knowledgeable, explained everything thoroughly before the job and pricing was very reasonable.

Excellent work and everything was cleaned up spotlessly! Took a little longer than estimated but did not charge over the quoted price.

Definitely recommend!

Thank you very much, Jie.
Please know that you and anyone you might send our
way will be treated well. I appreciate everything truly,
from the work, your kind offering of drinks for the crew and the tip you left for the men.
. You've been very kind and hospitable and it didn't go unnoticed. All the best to you. Sincerely,
Craig.

Bess
Bess

Tree removal

Overall, I am very happy with the service that was performed and it was reasonably priced. Craig and his team did a fantastic job in my backyard. After removing the unsightly trees, the clean-up was very efficient and well done. I will definitely recommend CB Tree to anybody who needs their kind of service.

Hi Bess,
Thanks for the kind words. It's too bad the tree died, but the yard looks much larger with it gone and it didn't get a chance to hurt anybody or break anything. All good.
Now you have a blank slate to design the back garden any way you want. Glad we could help. Stay safe, stay healthy, all the best, Craig.

Shelley  in Scarborough
Shelley in Scarborough

Cut weed like trees and trimmed permanent ones

The service from the beginning was exemplary from the quote to the date the work was to be done. Very professional manner what was verbally quoted the work was completed as discussed. Clean up was also efficient. Friendly, affordable and great work. Shelley R.

Hi Shelley, thank you for taking the time to review us. I'm sure your neighbour is very happy to lose those weed trees as well. You can put in that new fence now that the trees have been cleared away. Good luck with your garden plans. I'm glad everything went well. Consider yourself one of our preferred clients. All the best, Craig.

More about CB Tree Service

NOTICE: During the COVID-19 crisis, CB Tree Service is considered an essential business and is operational during this time for all your needs.

CB TREE SERVICE - WINNER OF HOMESTARS' BEST TREE SERVICE AWARD 2020, 2019 & 2011!

WE PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL CARE & RESTORATION OF TREES, HEDGES AND SHRUBS. WE ARE EXPERTS IN THE SAFE REMOVAL OF DANGEROUS OR UNWANTED TREES AND STUMPS. OVER 47 YEARS RELIABLE SERVICE. ANY JOB BIG OR SMALL. PRACTICAL AND AFFORDABLE TREE CARE SOLUTIONS, HELPFUL COURTEOUS STAFF, BEST PRICES, GREAT JOB. LET US HELP YOU LOOK AFTER YOUR TREES. FREE COST ESTIMATES 24 HOUR EMERGENCY RESPONSE.