CB Tree Service

Reviews for CB Tree Service

Peter in Old Toronto
Peter in Old Toronto

Tree Stump Removal

Craig was great to deal with and did a fantastic job removing a large tree stump from my backyard. I would use CB Tree Service for all future jobs.

Peter

Thanks for the work Peter. The new fence can now be installed without any obstructions for the posts. Have a great summer....if it ever gets here. All the best, Craig.

Mat from Toronto
Mat from Toronto

Another great project with Craig and team

Second time we've used Craig's services, yet again found him to be flexible and easy to work with and great value compared to other firms. He trimmed the substantial limbs off a number of mature trees that were beginning to overhang my house and cut the wood to size so we can season and burn it later. Site was immaculately clean, could barely even tell they had been.

Wouldn't hesitate to use again in the future.

Thanks for the kind words Mat. Always a pleasure working with you. The trees should be fine for a good while now. All the best to you and your family, sincerely, Craig.

Martin from Toronto
Martin from Toronto

Reducing the threat of big trees

A couple of tall trees planted too close to the house needed removal or trimming. Great advice after careful listening and the decision was made to cautiously trim them. Executed without drama or damage to the house, the garden and fences or the crew. Craig is easy to deal with and comes highly recommended.

Thank you for taking the time to review us, Martin.
The trimming of the trees should stop the branches from banging the roof and keeping you up at night. I'm glad the job went well and we appreciate the winter work. Pleasant dreams, all the best, Craig.

Mr & Mrs D in Scarborough
Mr & Mrs D in Scarborough

Tip Top Tree Service

We have known and obtained the services of CB Tree for many years and can confirm the professional service by Craig and his Crew. Outstanding knowledge and workmanship keeps us calling on Craig for all our needs. We had overhanging limbs that our neighbour was afraid of and Craig was on the job same day to assist. You won't be disappointed. We can't thank you enough Craig, once again. Bev & Denis

The large Siberian Elm tree at the back of the property was due for a good thinning and lightening of the canopy. The overhanging limbs were in danger of snapping and falling due to both their length and the weight of all the foliage out at the tips. The pruning has also improved the airflow through the tree, which will enable it to be much more resistant to wind gusts and the weight stresses of snow and ice. Going forward, you will enjoy much more sunlight that will filter through to the back garden. I'm confident we have removed all of the hazardous limbs and I'm pleased to report that your neighbor is no longer afraid of the tree. Thank you for your continued patronage and support of our work. We're grateful for both. As always, please consider yourself one of our preferred customers.
All the best, Craig.

Peter M from Toronto
Peter M from Toronto
2 reviews York, ON

Tree Removal X 3

I can't say enough about Craig. If there was more than 10, I would have given it. First of all...quick....I had a tree crack at the base and landed on my house. Craig was there within an hour to secure it.

Secondly...knowledgeable...knew exactly what to do and was able to remove 2 other trees that were starting to lean and look like they may fall on the power lines.

Thirdly...amazing service...had the 3 trees removed and cut down to firewood within 24 hours and cleaned up every last branch.

Lastly...Craig was such a class act...he cut 2 of the trees to the right size for a treehouse and even made a little stool for my 3 year old. (photo attached).

I wish I had more trees, so I could hire him again!!!

Thank you so much for the kind words Peter. I'm glad everything went well and before the trees had a chance to fall over. That was quite a storm. You were very obliging as well and thank you very much for the generous tip. We're very grateful for the work and the kind review. Please consider yourself a preferred customer and be assured any
one you send our way will be treated just as well.
All the best to you and your family, Craig.

Sherri Lang from Scarborough
Sherri Lang from Scarborough

Removal of large dead stump

C B Tree service is amazing. I had a problem stump within a planting area. There was some difficulty in getting to it because of the terrain and access down a narrow step system.

CB Tree service came immediately and creatively managed access. This was without drama and done cost effectively. Truly, without this company, CB, we would have lost time and money.

I am very impressed. Please do not hesitate to use CB.

Thanks for the work and the kind review Sherri, we're grateful for both. Welcome to our growing list of preferred customers. All the best, Craig.

Migs in Scarborough
Migs in Scarborough

Tree & Stump Removal

I called CB Tree Experts to remove a tall blue spruce in my front yard that was leaning dangerously towards my neighbours driveway. Within a few days Craig came by, gave me a quote and within 2 weeks the job was done. CB Tree did an amazing job removing the tree and stump and also cleaned up all of the debris, leaving the yard absolutely spotless!! They were extremely friendly and professional. I highly recommend CB Tree Experts!!

Thanks for the kind words Migs. With the leaning tree now looked after, the front planter is ready for replacement trees or shrubs. Thank you for the work and taking the time to review us. We appreciate both. All the best, Craig.

Derek in Toronto
Derek in Toronto

large upper beach tree

I feel bad because I wanted to write a review last year when CB tree did the work, but life got in the way. Truth is they were amazing! We had a tree that was over 100 years old that was split down the middle and needed to be taken down immediately. Not only did they take this monster tree down within a few days they did it without leaving any mess. If you saw how massive this tree was, you would think how can they do that. But they did. And they did a great job. Thank you for the amazing job and we will be using you again very soon!

Hey Derek, thanks for the review.I'm glad you were happy with the work. I'll be looking forward to returning, when you're ready. Until then, all the best, Craig.

Roger Fisher from Etobicoke
Roger Fisher from Etobicoke

Limb removal

I engaged the services of CB Tree recently to remove some dangerous limbs from a 50 year old Chinese Elm over my mothers and neighbors homes.

They were able to remove the limbs (to my surprise) without damaging either home and conducted a great cleanup on completion.

I was so pleased with their work, I recommended them to our Legion and they again showed professionalism in the service they provided.

Anyone requiring tree or shrub work will be pleased with Craig and his crew. I have no hesitation recommending this company.

Thank you very much for the positive review Roger. I'm sure your mother will sleep better at night without those limbs threatening the houses. Thanks again for mentioning us to your legion, we always appreciate any referral work. Have a great summer, all the best, Craig.

tree removal

This company was charging top price and than hiring other tree removal company and not paing them propely. The owner was realy rude. Job was not done in timeit took 2 more weeks than it was said in the contract and he asked for additional 500 to finish what was not finished by his subcontractors . he found in contract that maximum amount of there is complications is 7500. Even so in the beging of the work and in the middle we talked about 7000. His subcontractors did not want to finish without extra money . first he was saing that he will do it himself , than was rude and screaming and asking for extra money from us for somebody to finish.

This review is a fairy tale. I wouldn't even respond to it except that someone might believe it if I don't, so let me state the facts.
1) You asked me to do a large job for you in Barrie because
we had worked for you before and you were very happy with our work.
2) We made an agreement, signed a contract and we completed the work.
3) you asked me to travel back to Barrie to get paid.
4) When I arrived I was greeted by your sister who told me to accept a lesser amount than what we agreed on.
5) I declined and two weeks passed before you met me in Toronto and finally paid me what was owed.
6) You apologized for the delay, we joked a little, shook hands and went our separate ways.

What you didn't say:
You were a happy repeat customer
We did the work perfectly, in every way.
We even arranged for the removal of all of the wood from ten mature trees through our own contacts, and loaded their vehicles on our own time, so you could avoid the cost of disposal bins, which saved you several thousand dollars.
We didn't charge for travelling time, out of area surcharges or any extras whatsoever to perform your work, even though you were well out of our service area.
We performed the work on time, there were no delays.
I don't use subcontractors. I own a small hands-on owner operated business and perform the work myself with the help of my employees.
In spite of a perfect job, with many extras performed in which no payment was sought, you refused to pay your bill.
I don't know why you're trying to discredit me online now,
a month after the fact, but it is clear to me you are undeserving of the fine work we did for you and ungrateful for the extra miles we travelled to look after you.

I'm not accustomed to defending myself when I've done excellent work, and I don't appreciate being bullied.
My customer service record speaks for me very clearly.
Over 200 online reviews disagree with your account.
How I conduct myself is not the way you've described.
Quite simply, you are not telling the truth.
You're a remarkable fiction writer, but a terrible speller.
While you work on that, I won't make the mistake of working for you again.
Perhaps one day you will treat people better.
Good luck with your healing, all the best, Craig.

More about CB Tree Service

CB TREE SERVICE - WINNER OF HOMESTAR'S BEST TREE SERVICE AWARD 2019 & 2011! WE PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL CARE & RESTORATION OF TREES, HEDGES AND SHRUBS. WE ARE EXPERTS IN THE SAFE REMOVAL OF DANGEROUS OR UNWANTED TREES AND STUMPS. OVER 45 YEARS RELIABLE SERVICE. ANY JOB BIG OR SMALL. PRACTICAL AND AFFORDABLE TREE CARE SOLUTIONS, HELPFUL COURTEOUS STAFF, BEST PRICES, GREAT JOB. LET US HELP YOU LOOK AFTER YOUR TREES. FREE COST ESTIMATES 24 HOUR EMERGENCY RESPONSE.