CB Tree Service

Migs in Scarborough
Migs in Scarborough

Tree & Stump Removal

M5R2E2

I called CB Tree Experts to remove a tall blue spruce in my front yard that was leaning dangerously towards my neighbours driveway. Within a few days Craig came by, gave me a quote and within 2 weeks the job was done. CB Tree did an amazing job removing the tree and stump and also cleaned up all of the debris, leaving the yard absolutely spotless!! They were extremely friendly and professional. I highly recommend CB Tree Experts!!

Thanks for the kind words Migs. With the leaning tree now looked after, the front planter is ready for replacement trees or shrubs. Thank you for the work and taking the time to review us. We appreciate both. All the best, Craig.

Derek in Toronto
Derek in Toronto

large upper beach tree

M5R2E2

I feel bad because I wanted to write a review last year when CB tree did the work, but life got in the way. Truth is they were amazing! We had a tree that was over 100 years old that was split down the middle and needed to be taken down immediately. Not only did they take this monster tree down within a few days they did it without leaving any mess. If you saw how massive this tree was, you would think how can they do that. But they did. And they did a great job. Thank you for the amazing job and we will be using you again very soon!

Hey Derek, thanks for the review.I'm glad you were happy with the work. I'll be looking forward to returning, when you're ready. Until then, all the best, Craig.

Roger Fisher from Etobicoke
Roger Fisher from Etobicoke

Limb removal

M5R2E2

I engaged the services of CB Tree recently to remove some dangerous limbs from a 50 year old Chinese Elm over my mothers and neighbors homes.

They were able to remove the limbs (to my surprise) without damaging either home and conducted a great cleanup on completion.

I was so pleased with their work, I recommended them to our Legion and they again showed professionalism in the service they provided.

Anyone requiring tree or shrub work will be pleased with Craig and his crew. I have no hesitation recommending this company.

Thank you very much for the positive review Roger. I'm sure your mother will sleep better at night without those limbs threatening the houses. Thanks again for mentioning us to your legion, we always appreciate any referral work. Have a great summer, all the best, Craig.

tree removal

This company was charging top price and than hiring other tree removal company and not paing them propely. The owner was realy rude. Job was not done in timeit took 2 more weeks than it was said in the contract and he asked for additional 500 to finish what was not finished by his subcontractors . he found in contract that maximum amount of there is complications is 7500. Even so in the beging of the work and in the middle we talked about 7000. His subcontractors did not want to finish without extra money . first he was saing that he will do it himself , than was rude and screaming and asking for extra money from us for somebody to finish.

This review is a fairy tale. I wouldn't even respond to it except that someone might believe it if I don't, so let me state the facts.
1) You asked me to do a large job for you in Barrie because
we had worked for you before and you were very happy with our work.
2) We made an agreement, signed a contract and we completed the work.
3) you asked me to travel back to Barrie to get paid.
4) When I arrived I was greeted by your sister who told me to accept a lesser amount than what we agreed on.
5) I declined and two weeks passed before you met me in Toronto and finally paid me what was owed.
6) You apologized for the delay, we joked a little, shook hands and went our separate ways.

What you didn't say:
You were a happy repeat customer
We did the work perfectly, in every way.
We even arranged for the removal of all of the wood from ten mature trees through our own contacts, and loaded their vehicles on our own time, so you could avoid the cost of disposal bins, which saved you several thousand dollars.
We didn't charge for travelling time, out of area surcharges or any extras whatsoever to perform your work, even though you were well out of our service area.
We performed the work on time, there were no delays.
I don't use subcontractors. I own a small hands-on owner operated business and perform the work myself with the help of my employees.
In spite of a perfect job, with many extras performed in which no payment was sought, you refused to pay your bill.
I don't know why you're trying to discredit me online now,
a month after the fact, but it is clear to me you are undeserving of the fine work we did for you and ungrateful for the extra miles we travelled to look after you.

I'm not accustomed to defending myself when I've done excellent work, and I don't appreciate being bullied.
My customer service record speaks for me very clearly.
Over 200 online reviews disagree with your account.
How I conduct myself is not the way you've described.
Quite simply, you are not telling the truth.
You're a remarkable fiction writer, but a terrible speller.
While you work on that, I won't make the mistake of working for you again.
Perhaps one day you will treat people better.
Good luck with your healing, all the best, Craig.

Private User reviews Milton, ON

No more dangerous trees

When a large tree branch landed without any warning onto the deck chair my father had just vacated, I knew we were lucky, but needed help.

I had hired another tree company last summer to deal with a branch on another tree dangling from a winter storm. They had instruction last year to survey the trees on the property and do whatever needed to be done to keep the trees healthy and strong. I wrongly assumed the trees should be good for at least a year and they had looked at them all for any problems. Sadly, it turned out I was wrong.

Impressed by his companies reviews I decided to try Craig this time. Our job was located a bit outside his usual service area, but he took it on. I met him at my father's house to discuss the plans. He was knowledgeable and seemed to share my father's love of his trees.
Craig had novel solutions for problems with some other trees, and pointed out damage in areas I had not spotted.

All the many trees on the property were left stronger and healthier when Craig and his team left. Everything was cleaned up well.
My father was very pleased with the work. I am confident there are no more dangerous trees on his property.

Thank you for taking the time to review our work Susan.
I'm glad you and your father are pleased with the results. His caregiver was very kind also, offering the crew juice and soft drinks while they worked. We were happy to bring fresh wood chips to the back yard for sprucing up the garden areas. They really help to retain the water to keep the root balls moist, when the weather is hot. I hope the tree issues have been solved for awhile, but we're at the other end of the phone if you ever need our help. Please consider yourselves preferred customers.
Thanks again, all the best, Craig.

dean in Toronto
dean in Toronto
2 reviews Pickering, ON

Pickering Tree Project

M5R2E2

CB Tree managed a large tree removal project on my property - 12 trees, including 3 huge silver maples.

Craig is much more than a just highly skilled master craftsman. He is honest, hardworking, reliable, on-time, and just a super guy to work with. He knows exactly what he is doing, and he instilled me with absolute confidence from the first time I met him. Not to mention his pricing was very competitive.

Craig, Paul and the rest of the CB Tree team went the extra mile for me. They earned my respect, my repeat business and my highest recommendation.

Thank you very much Dean, both for awarding us the work and the kind words as a result of the work. We're grateful for both. I look forward to returning when your pool installation is complete. Have a great summer, all the best, Craig.

Gord in Scarborough in
Gord in Scarborough in

Tree Service

I called Craig to get two limbs cut from a tree in our neighbour's yard and another large branch cut from a tree in our backyard. He came and inspected the job, gave us an estimate of how long it would take, the cost and said he could start the next day. Craig, his son Dillon and Paul showed up the in the morning and started the job. First he cut the limbs from my neighbour's tree and he was very careful not to cause any damage to their shed or our deck. The other limb was huge but Craig handled it like a true professional. All the limbs were cut up into small lengths (12 - 15") and branches were run through a machine that grinds them up. They cleaned up
everything and completed the job in a timely manner. Craig is very knowledgeable about trees and tree cutting. They are also courteous and very safety conscious. I'm glad that I hired Craig and his guys to do this job.

Thanks a lot Gord, for awarding us to work and writing a review of our work. Were grateful for both. Consider yourself a preferred customer. All the best, Craig.

Meghan in Pickering
Meghan in Pickering

Impressed! Highly recommended!

One word: AWESOME. Craig took care of 2 stumps for us. One large one (tree) in our front yard that needed grinding down below grade (including a large portion of the root ball), and one stubborn hedge stump in a tight corner in the back yard. Craig was FAST with his estimate, FAST with the removal, his prices are very reasonable, and he is courteous and professional (he doesn't leave you waiting for calls or visits, like so many people do). He informed us of different options, explained clearly what to expect and what we could do afterwards with the chips and the pit left behind, cleaned up after himself... From now on, my go-to for any job of this type.

Thank you so much both for the work and the review. The jobs went very well and I'm glad we could help. If you need any assistance replacing trees or shrubs, we can help with that also. In the meantime, take care, all the best, Craig.

MWM
MWM

Emergency Tree Service

A couple of weeks ago I had a very tall blue spruce come down in my backyard and into my neighbour's backyard. Luckily it was caught in their tree and did not hit the house! I called Craig who came immediately. He is very knowledgable and quickly assessed the situation. He was back first thing the next day with a fantastic crew who worked with me and my neighbour and to clean up the tree and they left without a mess! Except for an empty space in the backyard you would never know they had been here. They even fixed my fence! Craig was wonderful to work with and I would highly recommend him and will definitely seek his assistance again with my trees. I must also add that his price was extremely reasonable.

Hi Michelle,
Well it's too bad the tree uprooted and fell over, but I'm glad it didn't do any serious damage, other than the fence.
We'll be back to do the replacement planting for you and to fill the cavity in the large Maple at the front. Until then thanks for the work and the kind review. All the best, Craig.

Great Job

We had an unfortunate incident where a tree fell in our backyard. After getting a quote, we called Craig @ CB Trees and he came promptly to take a look.

After coming in, he came in with a quote to actually do more work for a lower price than what other arborists had quoted us.

When I arrived home, he was very courteous and professional with the work and did a tremendous job.

I'm hope a tree doesn't fall again, but if that does happen.. I know who I'm going to call

I'm glad we could help. Thanks for the work and taking the time to review us. We're grateful for both. All the best, Craig

More about CB Tree Service

CB TREE SERVICE - WINNER OF HOMESTAR'S BEST TREE SERVICE AWARD WE PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL CARE & RESTORATION OF TREES, HEDGES AND SHRUBS. WE ARE EXPERTS IN THE SAFE REMOVAL OF DANGEROUS OR UNWANTED TREES AND STUMPS. OVER 44 YEARS RELIABLE SERVICE. ANY JOB BIG OR SMALL. PRACTICAL AND AFFORDABLE TREE CARE SOLUTIONS, HELPFUL COURTEOUS STAFF, BEST PRICES, GREAT JOB. LET US HELP YOU LOOK AFTER YOUR TREES. FREE COST ESTIMATES 24 HOUR EMERGENCY RESPONSE.