CB Tree Service

Reviews for CB Tree Service

Marlon in Toronto
Marlon in Toronto
2 reviews Pickering, ON

Extreme trees and shrubbery pruning

After 27 years of partial pruning on our part, it was time to do a complete overhaul. CB Tree to the rescue. I contacted Craig, who’s practically about 100 steps away from my house and surveyed the situation. He made us feel at ease that it’s doable and can be done the next day. Such a great surprise to get it done so quickly. They came in, took care of everything that needed be cut and pruned.
Great team, professional and friendly. We highly recommend CB Tree.

Thanks very much Marlon. We created a lot of sunshine around the house to preempt the new sod that will be laid soon. I'm sure the new grass will do very well now that you've improved the sunlight penetration through and under the trees. The yard looks great. We appreciate the work and the kind review.

Jose Luis in Toronto
Jose Luis in Toronto

Heaven trees removal

Greg as arborist did a professional job, starting with an assessment first, identifying the reasons for removing these trees, I got the city permit, he understood the sense of urgency and brought his crew as soon as possible, and did an stellar job, removing both trees in less that four hours and leaving the area as they found it. Thanks for a great job. J.Rivera

Hey Jose, Thanks for choosing us to do the work and thanks again for the kind review. The job went well with no issues and we are happy we could complete the work ahead of your planned family event in the back yard.
I'm sure the garden will respond well to the increased sunlight and the yard looks much bigger now.
Good luck with your gathering.
It was nice meeting you, we enjoyed working for you and I wish you all the best.
Again, thank you for taking the time to post a review, we appreciate it.
Take care, Craig.

buyi.zhu in Toronto
buyi.zhu in Toronto

Cherry Tree Removal

We hired Craig's team to remove our sick cherry tree in the backyard, and we are very happy with his work! The team was professional, took care of the surrounding plants and was accommodative to our needs to save some of the trunk for craft works. We highly recommend them, and might call them back to remove the stump later!

We were happy to help you with your tree project. I'm glad you will be making use of the Cherry wood for your crafts. The tree will be around for many years. A nice outcome from a regrettable removal. Thank you for the work and for reviewing our work. I appreciate it very much.

James
James

Tree Stumps Outta Here!

I submitted a quote request for CB Tree Service, and within 1 hour I received a call back. Craig and his son came to remove some tree stumps in my back yard, not only are they fast and efficient - they are highly knowledgeable and passionate about what they do! Craig had to remove the side gate to get his stump remover in, re-installed it, and cleaned up the yard beautifully. We got talking about a large maple tree I have in my backyard, I will absolutely be having him back to clean it up and ensure it is maintained and healthy. Great service, friendly, knowledgeable, and fast - I highly recommend his service to anyone!

James, thank you so much for the kind words. We happened to be travelling with one of the stumpers that day and it worked out well all around. When the leaves fully uncurl on your Maple tree then any time after that is an excellent time to distinguish the live growth from what limbs may have died off over winter. We'll clean out the deadwood, aerate the inner crown and get the tree off to a good growing season. I appreciate you taking the time to review us. Please consider yourself a preferred customer and know any one you send our way will be treated well also.

Sean from Toronto
Sean from Toronto

Backyard Maple Tree

Craig and his team did an excellent job taking down the maple tree in my backyard. Craig was efficient, on time, friendly and got the job done in a timely manner. I would gladly recommend Craig's team to anyone looking to have a tree removed from their backyard. Craig and his team are professionals that I trust.

Thank you very much for the review Sean. I'm glad you're happy with the results. Sometimes good trees have to go for any number of reasons. Replanting helps make the sting go away. We're committed to helping homeowners solve tree issues from planting to removal. Thank you for letting us help you with your project.

Ken in Toronto
Ken in Toronto

Worrisome leaning tree

There was a tall tree leaning over our neighbour's backyard that constantly caused us worry under very windy conditions (which is more often now that in past years). After checking Homestars and contacting Craig, he visited us and provided a quote. We had a good feeling from our conversation with a congenial Craig. Nevertheless, we did the due diligence with the insurance information that he readily provided and also checked his quote against other tree services. Craig's quote was very competitive. He and his crew of 3 skillfully completed the job to our requirements in about an hour and we are very satisfied (and relieved). We would certainly recommend CB Tree to our friends and family.

Thanks for telling your story Ken. That Manitoba Maple tree is considered a softwood and as such, is usually more prone to toppling and breakage than their hardwood counterparts. They are rapidly growing what we call "weed trees" that offer abundant foliage in a short time but sometimes overgrow their ability to support their own weight, unless periodically pruned to reduce overburdened limbs. Your tree had all of that and a menacing lean over your neighbour's yard. You were wise to be proactive before an accident or injury occurred. Thank you for choosing us to help you with your project.

Deb
Deb

Efficient and clean! Great experience with CB tree

We just bought our home and our backyard is a jungle. I don’t think the previous owners removed any trees while they were here. The backyard, while massive, was completely unusable. We asked for 3 quotes from different tree cutting companies and got quoted everything from $900 all the way to $3K. We called Craig and he texted with my husband providing an accurate time of arrival to our place. He and his team did such a thorough job of cutting the trees, and then aligning the logs in our front yard — we can’t thank him enough. While he was here, even our neighbors got some work done, which shows the value of his work. We won’t hesitate to call them again across our properties in GTA.

Thank you very much for the work and for taking the time to tell your story. I appreciate the kind review.
The yard looks much bigger now with those overgrown weed trees removed and now you have a clear line for the new fence. I'm glad we could help. you with your project, the remaining trees will start to grow much more symmetrically now with the improved sunlight with the other trees gone.
Good luck with the rest of your project.

LH
LH

Branch Removal

Craig came by and helped cut down a branch that was leaning against some cables in my backyard and also spotted a branch that was broken and at risk of falling and damaging my neighbour's garage. He was knowledgeable and generous with his advice about the legalities of trees on property lines when dealing with neighbours.

He spent more time than he quoted but didn't charge me for any extra time.

He wasn't the cheapest quote I received but he was able to schedule me in the very next day and was very easy to work with.

Thank you for the work and taking the time to review the work. I'm glad we could help. You should be good for a while. We're at the other end of the phone when you need us back. Take care, stay safe.

Reva from Toronto
Reva from Toronto

Tree removal

We needed to remove our honey locust from our backyard. We had hired Craig for another tree project last year, and we were so pleased with his work that we decided to call him again. Once again he did not disappoint us! He and his assistant completed the job in a few hours and left the backyard looking extremely neat and tidy. Craig is an excellent arborist and a very nice guy also. We recommend him highly.

Thank you Reva. Now that the tree has been removed, you can go ahead with the construction plans for your new parking pad. I'm glad we were able to help you with your project. Thanks very much for the work and the kind review. All the best, Craig.

Marilyn in Vaughan
Marilyn in Vaughan

Arborist Service

Professionals from hello!!! Craig and his crew provided a competitive quote. They showed up on time which pleased me. The workmanship went that I was very happy beyond my expectations. My 2 massive maple trees already looks healthier, I can't wait for summer to see the true beauty of the work. I highly recommend this company with no reservations. YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!!

Hey Marilyn,
Thanks so much for the work and the kind words. I had a blast pruning those two large maples. The canopy has been thinned from within, removing deadwood and redundant growth which will increase the airflow through the trees, allowing improved wind resistance to withstand storms and much better sunlight penetration to the back garden. By retaining the natural form of these Maple trees, you won't encourage an explosion of unwanted broom-like sucker growth that you would have encountered, if large limbs were cropped back or topped to random lengths. The trees will do very well this year, as the root system now has an abundance of energy to distribute to a thinner, more streamlined canopy.
I'm happy that you're passionate about the care of these large beauties. They add a lot of value to the property, they look magnificent, they are well maintained and should give you many years of enjoyment. Thank you for placing your confidence in us. Please consider yourself one of our preferred customers. Any one you send our way will be treated well also.

More about CB Tree Service

NOTICE: During the COVID-19 crisis, CB Tree Service is considered an essential business and is operational during this time for all your needs.

CB TREE SERVICE - WINNER OF HOMESTARS' BEST TREE SERVICE AWARD 2020, 2019 & 2011!

WE PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL CARE & RESTORATION OF TREES, HEDGES AND SHRUBS. WE ARE EXPERTS IN THE SAFE REMOVAL OF DANGEROUS OR UNWANTED TREES AND STUMPS. OVER 47 YEARS RELIABLE SERVICE. ANY JOB BIG OR SMALL. PRACTICAL AND AFFORDABLE TREE CARE SOLUTIONS, HELPFUL COURTEOUS STAFF, BEST PRICES, GREAT JOB. LET US HELP YOU LOOK AFTER YOUR TREES. FREE COST ESTIMATES 24 HOUR EMERGENCY RESPONSE.