CB Tree Service

Toronto ON M5R 2E2

CB Tree Service

Best of the Best '22
Best of Award '22 winner 5 timesBest of the Best '22 Best of Award '22winner 5 times

Reviews for CB Tree Service

Sandy
Sandy

Tree Trimming and Removal

Excellent work! Quick, clean and efficient. Thanks Craig! It was an absolute pleasure. Backyard looks great!

That's great Sandy,
I'm glad you're glad. Thanks for the review. See you next time. All the best, Craig.

Millia in Hamilton
Millia in Hamilton

Cutting big branches

I contacted CB Tree service for a quote. Craig is a friendly & professional caring tree specialist. He came to survey my work project, explained in detail what he will do and provided me with a reasonable quote. With his expertise and excellent leadership, Craig and his crew completed the work on scheduled time, also cleaned up tidy afterward. My backyard looks much clean and brighter. Good job and appreciated on your work done.

Thank you Millia. The job went very well and I'm glad you're pleased with the results. The lawn will do much better now, without so much shade and the yard looks much larger, more open and less cluttered. Your plan was carried out and it looks great. Thanks for the work and the kind review.
All the best, Craig.

Tree trimming

My wife and I found CB Tree to be a very professional service. Craig, the owner, was very friendly and business-like.
Called the morning before they came to do the job, no disruption to our da, removed all of the tree trimmings and stacked the wood for pickup.
Would highly recommend them.

Les and Eunice Sloman

Thank you Les. Although you weren't required to, I'm sure your new neighbours will appreciate the trimming you did for them over their roof. Those long horizontal limbs would've hung much lower when the tree came into leaf. Many people aren't aware that the responsibility of trimming overhanging branches into another yard is not the owner of the tree, but rather the homeowner who is affected by the branches. That homeowner can trim any overhanging branches over their property line without notice or permission providing the trimming does not harm the tree. The wood and branches however legally belong to the tree owner and may not be disposed of without their consent. You were providing a courtesy by trimming those branches yourself. Thank you for the work and the time to write your review, we appreciate them both. All the best, Craig.

Shellee
Shellee

Tree Trimming

I rarely do reviews, but Craig (CB Tree Services) was fantastic.

I did a little research, contacted a few companies, and decided on CB Tree and they did not disappoint.

Craig is truly knowledgeable, professional, and confident in his field. I hired him, and his team, to trim two trees, one being approximately sixty feet tall. He really did a fantastic job and left the property
exceptionally clean.

Craig is a nice man, a proud man, who does an excellent job at a very fair price. I would hire him again and highly recommend him.

Hi Shellee, Thank you for writing in. Your large Silver Maple tree was trimmed over your tenant's house and their next door neighbor of low, weak, or invasive branches which were hanging horizontally over both rooftops. The trimming will allow more sunlight to both lawns and gardens and without the weight burden of these large overhanging branches, the tree will be much more resistant to wind gusts and inclement weather. While we were aloft, we also cleared the inner canopy of deadwood, sucker growth, rubbing and duplicate branches to thin the canopy. This allows the wind to blow through the tree, instead of "at" the tree and increases the wind resistance further. Your Maple tree is much safer now and I'm sure your neighbours appreciate the courtesy you gave them by pruning over their yard as well.
We certainly appreciate the off season work and the kind review, thank you for both. We're at the other end of the phone should the need arise and please know that anyone you send our way will be treated well also.
Until then all the best. Take care, Craig.

Annette in Toronto
Annette in Toronto

Absolutely Recommend

Craig and his team were amazing and very professional. I would strongly recommend their services. My neighbours immediately contracted them to do work on their properties.

Thank you Annette. The tree canopies have been elevated, so you're sure to get much more sunlight penetration to the rear garden as planned. The trees are safer and look much better now that they've been trimmed. We were happy to help your neighbours also. Thanks for the work and taking the time to review us.
All the best, Craig.

Todd
Todd
0 reviews Ajax, ON

Craig and son did a GREAT job!!

Craig and his son did a GREAT job removing large limbs from my very large Silver maple. There were dangerous hydro line very close and they got the job done perfectly.

Extremely happy with the entire job.

Thank you Craig and also big thanks to you son as well.

That's terrific Todd. I'm happy you're happy. The tree is much safer now, with that large limb removed that was hollowed out and extending over the house. You were wise to have the work done before the extra weight of all the foliage could have caused the limb to fail. Many people dont realize that a large limb full of foliage becomes that much heavier during a rain or ice storm. The added stress of strong winds while this is occurring, frequently causes large limbs to come crashing down. The good news is that It's easy to correct this situation with corrective pruning and canopy thinning which is great for the tree and doesn't cost a lot. In your case, that large limb had become hollowed near the junction with the trunk, which made it dangerous and likely to fail in the short term. I'm glad we were able to pre empt that possibility by removing the limb and pruning out the canopy interior to allow greater airflow through the tree. It's like poking holes through a giant sail, which is very effective. Thank you for the winter work, our rates are seasonally adjusted when we aren't quite as busy. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of the savings and we're grateful for both the work and the kind review. It was a pleasure and contrary to what you believe, you make a fine cup of coffee.
All the best, Craig and Dillon.

Michael
Michael

Very Satisfied with the Work

I hired Craig and his son after talking to a few other companies. They were my first choice and I am glad to have hired them. Very flexible with scheduling and they did a first rate job. Thanks Craig and your son for all your efforts and work.

Thank you for the work Mike and the kind review. We appreciate all work but especially so in the winter when the jobs aren't as plentiful. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our seasonally discounted winter rates and again, we are grateful for the work and the review.
All the best to you, Craig.

Elena in
Elena in

Amazing Tree Removal Service

Craig and his son Dillon are amazing. I can't praised them enough for a great job they did cutting down and removing a dangerous dead tree in my backyard. Craig is so honest, polite, and transparent. He called and explained everything in detailed about the job and came the next day as promised despite his busy schedule and the terrible weather condition (I'm sure other people would have flopped). Thank you for so much for everything!

Thank you very much Elena for the kind review and for selecting our company to do the work. The tree had toppled and come to rest in amongst several trees belonging to two different neighbours. Luckily there were other trees close by which we used to cradle and hold your tree in place while we freed it from the other trees. Along with steel supports under the tree, we were able to dismantle it without any issues. The job went well and we're grateful for the work and your review of it. Have a great Christmas, all the best to you and your family.
Sincerely, Craig.

SA
SA

Great Work

We would highly recommend this company for their service. The owner was able to remove a few trees and trim several trees in our backyard on time and within our budget. We would use this company again.

Hey Shak,
Thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to write us a review. The work went very well and I'm glad you're pleased with the results. The yard looks much bigger now and you're sure to get much more sunlight into the back garden as we had planned.
We look forward to returning in the spring to do the tree planting and the other trimming. Have a great holiday season. All the best, Craig.

Please don't read this review...

I want to keep them as my little secret but they are too good to keep to myself so i'm going to give them the review they deserve and hope they still have time for me when i need tree work done again in the future!

Craig and his son Dee are the real deal, what i call good salt of the earth people. I had a large tree from my neighbours' yard that had split at the base and was leaning precariously over my yard that was going to fall over (only a matter of time). I emailed him via homestars at night and Craig contacted me first thing in the morning. He was in the middle of a move and had other clients but understood the urgency and offered to swing by and see what he could do to help me. Craig offered to tie up or brace the tree until such time as he could come back to address the issue. After spending some time with me going over the issue and my options he ended up fitting me in the same day! He took down the tree as far as he could in order to make it safe, cleaned up my yard and left the place neat and tidy. My wife commented that he cleaned it better than it was before he came. This wasn't an easy job given that the tree was unsafe to climb and being in the back yard, he didn't have the option of machinery to assist. Regardless Craig and his son did an awesome job and i couldn't be more pleased. They are great people, friendly kind and professional and their pricing was reasonable, i couldn't have asked for a better outcome on such short notice.

Keep up the great work guys. It was great meeting you and thanks for answering all my questions and doing such a great job. I'll be sure to call you the next time i need any tree work done and you can be sure that I'll recommend your company/services to my friends/family.

Hello again Geoffrey,
Thank you so much for the work and the kind review.
You described the situation you had very well and we are all pleased with the outcome. You should be ok for awhile, but we're at the other end of the phone if you need our help again. It was a pleasure dealing with you, all the best to you and your family and your lovable dog.
Sincerely, Craig.

More about CB Tree Service

NOTICE: During the COVID-19 crisis, CB Tree Service is considered an essential business and is operational during this time for all your needs.

CB TREE SERVICE - WINNER OF HOMESTARS' BEST TREE SERVICE AWARD 2020, 2019 & 2011!

WE PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL CARE & RESTORATION OF TREES, HEDGES AND SHRUBS. WE ARE EXPERTS IN THE SAFE REMOVAL OF DANGEROUS OR UNWANTED TREES AND STUMPS. OVER 47 YEARS RELIABLE SERVICE. ANY JOB BIG OR SMALL. PRACTICAL AND AFFORDABLE TREE CARE SOLUTIONS, HELPFUL COURTEOUS STAFF, BEST PRICES, GREAT JOB. LET US HELP YOU LOOK AFTER YOUR TREES. FREE COST ESTIMATES 24 HOUR EMERGENCY RESPONSE.