Cartier Kitchens

Reviews for Cartier Kitchens

Tara in Markham
Tara in Markham
2 reviews Oshawa, ON

Absolutely despicable service and product!

We ordered Oct 19'17, a spice drawer pull out, pots & pans drawers, 2 gables with hardware. This was supposed to be the first of many to expand our new kitchen/laundry/bathrooms.
Unfortunately you are forced to pay in full prior to delivery, not only were our cabinets not ready for pick up on date promised (they were delivered 2 days after Dec 20).
When we received them, the door faces were literally falling off on P&P drawer, hardware was destroyed to the fact that they wont open, all hardware was missing (not even drilled for), missing 1 gable, and spice rack was mounted on wrong side.
After over a month of fighting, confirming resolution at each stage, and failure on the companies part to provides resolution, we are STILL struggling with getting a resolution, or even an answer as to when this will be fixed.
Confirmed yesterday that installer would be arriving today to resolve all issues for good, and the installer showed up with little to no information, and only had the hardware to switch the spice rack (still waiting on handles, gable, new face for spice drawer).
This is the ABSOLUTE WORST experience we have EVER had in dealing with ANY supplier of ANY product.

kitchen reno

What a horrible experience once again. The first time, wasnt as bad and I was sure not to use them again. But I gave them a second chance and it was horrible. First of all, no one can beat the price for the look. But, you get what you pay for. Cabinets are manufactured most likely in China, they are standard sizes by 3 inches and cannot be custom made. They are stained and painted here in Brampton. The installers are horrible. Always leaves with scratches and dents in my cabinets. I asked not to get the same ones, and guess what? I got the same installers 5 years apart...what a coincidence? I think not. Sales person gave me the incorrect sample door colour and so I had a few days to decide between their colour and a custom colour I was thinking about. I decided to go with their standard colour and emailed back the signed papers with the name of the colour we had discussed and so I thought it obviously was that door sample given to me...I mean why else give me the door sample for colour comparison right?? So for 1 month i took this door everywhere and colour coordinated my entire house, paint, trim, tile, hardwood, counter, and backsplash. Finally the cabinets arrive and its not the colour of the door sample given to me!!! Its their colour that we talked about, but not the door sample given to me as the mentioned only colour we had discussed. So they realized their mistake and at first was willing to take it back, but I let it go at first thinking it would work, but later realized it just wouldnt. I would need to change the entire design. So, final was, they were willing to take just the doors back and repaint them, but i would have to find my own painter to spray paint what was left behind, trim and base and kickplates. I would be paying out of my own pocket for this. So I found a painter, but they needed to know exactly the paint colour/code/formula/ and sheen required. Usually this can easily be provided, or some companies offer to sell their paints to you, but not Cartier, they backed me into a corner, and would not provide those details, as if it's such a huge secret. In the end, I had to pay out of my own pocket thousands of dollars to have it repainted to the original colour required, the colour of the door sample given to me. Horrible customer service! Extremely stressful, I dont think anyone deserves to encounter this issue. They seem a bit rude when you have to tell them they made a mistake, and of course pride comes in. But for goodness sake, correct it! We're not talking about 100 bucks here, its thousands of dollars. I know now for sure I will never use them. I will never ever recommend them. I will never use them on another house reno or house flip. I will ensure I explain in detail to many designers and real estate agents my story to ensure no one else has to have a bad experience with them.

1 review Ajax, ON

Worst customer service in the province

Cartier has the worst kitchen service ever. We were satisfied with our standard kitchen provided by them through our builder, but when we chose to upgrade after the fact, the CRAPPY communication (aka NONE) and dissatisfaction of timelines that were never met, along with quotations being given then fully retracted, were disgusting. I will never recommend Cartier to anyone and have made sure all of my neighbours looking to do after market upgrades not to waste their time with Cartier.

Can u please provide us with a little more info as to who you dealt with and which location it was?

Cat in Waterloo
Cat in Waterloo
1 review Waterloo, ON

Horrible from start to finish

We purchased both of our homes through Mattamy and lucky us, Cartier was the supplier both times for our kitchen cabinets. Our home in Milton had some issues regarding the quality and craftsmanship of our cabinetry, and while it took nearly 4 months all of our issues were resolved satisfactorily. Our current home in Kitchener however is a completely different story!! I am absolutely appalled at the horrible customer service and all around "no one gives a sh*t" attitude that is the default vibe the Dave, Rad and his entire team give off. We have been in our home for almost one year now and NONE of our issues have been resolved at all. We paid THOUSANDS of dollars to upgrade our cabinetry and each and every one of our cabinets is splitting at the seams. Dust is engrained in the paint and NONE of our cabinets are set straight or flush and nothing is semetric. This company really needs to get it together as communication between Dave and his team also seems to be lacking to say the least. I would NEVER EVER recommend Cartier to anyone. You'd be better off spending your money at IKEA.

Iam sorry to hear that you had a less than satisfactory experience with Dave and his team in Kitchener. We do strive to make all our customers experience a pleasant one and understand from time to time that its not always the case as in your experience. I will make sure Dave is made aware of your comments

loadedagain from Malton
loadedagain from Malton
1 review Huntsville, ON

Kitchen cabinets

Without a doubt, this was one of the worst buying experiences I have ever had. The cabinets are low end quality at best and the attention to detail by the installers was embarrassing. I could never with a clear conscience recommend this company to a friend. STAY AWAY

I apologize to you for having a less than satisfactory experience. Our goal is to keep all our customers happy and coming back but every now and then things slip up and we need to take ownership for that and do a better job going forward. Thank you for you review and we will deal with it.

matt ramos from Barrie
matt ramos from Barrie
1 review Barrie, ON

Kitchen Renovation

The whole experience was of a "friendly" mentality and not of a business one, no signed contract, very no problem this is what we will do mentality. Doug the guy we were dealing with was very non professional, we ordered a kitchen through them modern, black style, with 50 percent deposit. on arrival a lot of the cabnet doors were damaged, not sprayed properly, the whole right side of my lower's were not measured properly not installed correctly which left me without a sink and kitchen for almost 2 months. the counter was cut improperly which ment the sink was off center which looked terrible. on arrival they watned another 50 percent even though all of these were incorrect. I refused they threatened to put a lean on my property. I simply was told 50 percent down 50 percent on completion of work it wasn't complete. so there was conversations back and forth with promise of getting people to our house but this is the fourth month and there are still issues , full payment has been given and still without a good looking kitchen. I will NEVER recommend this company

M from Ottawa
M from Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Kitchen Reno

We ordered 3 standard cabinets on rush order, they said 2-3 weeks. 9 weeks later and we still have no cabinets. Their customer service is not at all helpful and even rude when calling to inquire.

Anonymous from Aurora
Anonymous from Aurora
2 reviews Aurora, ON

Kitchen Renovation

A friend referred me to this company for the work I wanted to do in my kitchen. Jamal was involved with the design, which was good and his team very helpful.The work was not done on time and to my satisfaction. it was very stressful. I found myself contacting him repeatedly regarding the completion of the job.

Iam sorry for your frustration and inexcusable experience. We have had a number of complaints from this location and it's because of reviews like yours that we have discontinued our association with this individual and its location. Thank you for your review

Joe from Oshawa
Joe from Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Kitchen cabinets and quartz countertops

The builder of our new home was using Cartier to install the kitchen cabinets. We wanted to extend the basic cabinetry and upgrade the counter top to quartz. Instead of paying the builder to do it, we had Cartier come after we moved in to install them.

Cartier did a very good job with the install, the job went smoothly. The staff were a pleasure to work with.

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us. It was a pleasure to serve you