Carpet & Rug Retailers
469 Carlaw Ave Toronto ON M4K 3H9

Reviews for Carpet Mill

Great selection, excellent service

Lots of parking right in front, as advertised. The store is very clean and offers a great selection of area rugs. The staff is very courteous. Ivan is very customer friendly and offers help without breathing down your neck.

Marina in Old Toronto
Marina in Old Toronto

Great service in store to carpet install and beautiful product

In case you don't read the whole review I want to first state that I am very discerning when it comes to design and am very happy with the workmanship and quality of the product. I was shopping around for wool carpeting for a while. When I went into Carpet Mill I was impressed with their selection and was glad they also sold wood flooring as I was considering that option as well. I ended up going with a remanent wool carpet for two staircases and landings. In store Ivan provide me with good advice, he was clear with the procedure, followed up with my questions, and providing the documentation required by my condo board in a timely manner. I appreciated their flexibility- that they could come one week to remove the old carpet and return the following week so that I could paint the wood trim in between. As a single woman I think it is good to share that I felt comfortable with everyone that stepped into my home, from the estimator to the installers. The installers Al and Nasser were not only professional they were prompt, considerate and dedicated to doing the job well. I appreciated that they ensured that the stairs were safe for walking on after the carpet was removed and before new carpet was installed the following week, and how they addressed oddities of the space, plus worked with a carpet that had a linear pattern which I would think is more challenging to work with than a plain carpet. Now I have a beautiful carpeting tailored to my staircase. Thank you Carpet Mill.

Dear Marina, thank you for reviewing our work. We really appreciate it and remain at your disposal if we may be of any assistance in the future!

Susan Chalcraft in Toronto
Susan Chalcraft in Toronto

Carpet installation

We went to Carpet Mill for carpet for our master bedroom, guest bedroom, family room, and stairs. The service we received was top of the line in every way. From Jeff Snow who came to our home to measure precisely what we needed, and ordered the product. As soon as it came in he informed me of dates available to install.
The two gentlemen that came to install the carpet were so very professional, they took a real pride in their work, and took their time to to a firstclass job. One of the carpets we had chosen was a difficult one to work with but they were fantastic. I would not hesitate to recommend this company to our friends or clients. The next time we need any flooring done it will be with this company.

Dear Susan,

Thank you for the kind words. It was a real pleasure working with you! You are right, the installers take an almighty pride in their work and your comment is particularly important for them! Many thanks again!

smitty in Toronto
smitty in Toronto

Hardwood flooring - installation

416-462-9006
469 Carlaw Ave
Toronto
M4K 3H9

We hired Carpet Mill for the removal of parquet and installation of new hardwood in our main floor. The removal of the old floor revealed that the original subfloor was very uneven and sloped dramatically downwards in the dining room. Carpet Mill came to give an additional quote on how much it would cost to ensure the new floor was just as level as the parquet had been. The installer was absolutely terrible. He had an incredibly lax attitude, rushed through the job and did not take our concerns seriously. He also did a completely shoddy job on leveling the floor.... so much so that there was a full inch differential left in two spots. Our general contractor expressed total shock at what a poor install job Carpet Mill had done. Because of timing of bookings on other work, we did not have the option of having him tear it the installed hardwood, ordering more wood and redoing it all. Instead we will now have to live with a floor that slopes (and feels sloped) that never used to feel sloped and with baseboards that are two totally different heights at different ends of the room. I have never been more disappointed in the quality of a tradesperson. If you use Carpet Mill, never use them to install. I asked for a discount, which they offered only on the minimal charge they quoted to level the floor (a paltry $150). What Carpet Mill has failed to compensate is the damage (perhaps even on resale) of having a sloped floor. I've written to Carpet Mill about this matter, never have I received an apology or any compensation for the damages related to the sloped floor. Will never use them again.

We would like to offer this response after making several attempts to contact this customer before and after the publication of this review.
We measured the job site and provided, as part of our quote, a charge for removal of two existing floors—a layer of parquet and a layer of plywood that were visible to the eye at the time of measurement. After removing the two layers, our installer found there were two additional layers that required removal, for which we gave the customer a separate quote. However, the customer hired their contractor for that removal and we were called in to inspect the original sub floor which was sloping towards the kitchen approximately 3’ from the wall. We provided a quote for leveling this area only. The customer never asked to have the entire floor leveled, but was only concerned with this small area adjacent to the kitchen, the charge for which was $125.00 + tax. The leveling of the entire floor would have cost $700.00 + tax.
The installer leveled the floor in the specified area adjacent to the kitchen and installed new plywood throughout. However, the customer was not satisfied with the leveling job. In addition, the customer suggested that the grain of the wood planks she received was not consistent with the grain of the sample she had seen at the store. A Carpet Mill representative went out to inspect the job along with a sales representative of the hardwood manufacturer. As a result, the manufacturer determined that the grain of the wood installed was consistent with the grain of the sample. This inspection also revealed that the kitchen wall was not 100% level.
The customer’s contractor had installed the baseboard and according to the customer, the contractor would have to spend extra time and material to re-install the same baseboard flush with the floor. Therefore we credited the $125.00 leveling charge, plus $266.25 for the contractor to install the baseboards, totaling $391.25.

Trina in Toronto
Trina in Toronto

Carpet

Carpet Mill is amazing service from in store staff to the installation crew. Always professional and on time very reasonable when it comes to price too. Thank you Lindsay for such great service.

Dear Trina,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and thank you for the referrals! My very best, Lindsay

P from downtown Toronto
P from downtown Toronto

Laminate wood flooring

Great dealing with the staff in the showroom and the installer, very professional, prompt and customer-service oriented. My bedroom floor looks amazing! Would highly recommend this company. Thanks for all your help!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are very grateful!

Aim7402 in Toronto
Aim7402 in Toronto

Wall to Wall carpet installation

I went to Carpet Mill because I had old dingy wall to wall carpet in my condo (builders grade) and it was so bad I needed to get it redone. Since the very step in the door, I was greeted and helped and they showed me the most perfect carpet for my needs along with my budget. They have very high quality carpet for the price. They were very professional and always had time to answer my questions each time I called.
Their customer service is top notch.
When it was installation day, the guys showed up on time and they were very professional and they knew exactly what to do and got to work right away. They had to move all my furniture around and they were very careful, but also very efficient.
Before I knew it, it was all done, ahead of schedule. They cleaned everything up and put my furniture back exactly the way I had it. I didn't have to tell them.
I highly recommend this place for the quality of the carpet for the price along with their service.
Thank you guys, I am so happy with your service and my new carpet! Allison

Dear Allison, many thanks for the kind words!

akiko in Toronto
akiko in Toronto

Carpet Runner for Stairs

416-462-9006
469 Carlaw Ave
Toronto
M4K 3H9

Went to Carpet Mill to purchase carpet runner and installation for stairs. I'm so glad I went there! Jeff saved me money by directing me to a carpet remnant which was durable and a good colour and pattern for heavily used stairs. He was very knowledgable. Installation was quick and clean, and I am VERY happy with the final result. (My dog will finally go up the stairs!) I'll be returning to Carpet Mill to buy new floors for the basement. Great product, great service, great prices.

Dear Akiko, thank you so much for writing a review! We are always happy when our products work well for our canine customers as well! My very best, Jeff.

Eric Murphy from Toronto
Eric Murphy from Toronto

wall to wall carpet

This is the second time that we have used the Carpet Mill and are just as pleased the second time as we were the first time.
The product choice was extensive, the price below reasonable and the installation by Ali and Nassir was impeccable. They were on time, courteous, attentive and experienced. Bravo.

Dear Eric, thank you so much for the kind words!

More about Carpet Mill

Carpet Mill is the company to call if you are looking for Carpet & Rug Retailers, Floor Retailers, Floor Laying & Refinishing, Carpet Installers

Whether you are thinking of resurfacing one room, a set of stairs or your entire home, we’ll help you find the right product for the job. Be it carpet, laminate, hardwood, cork, area rugs or runners – just drop by our 10,000 square – foot showroom, located in the heart of Riverdale at 469 Carlaw Avenue. It would be our pleasure to assist you.
________________________________________________