HomeStars  >  Home Additions in York  >  Carick Home Improvements

Reviews for Carick Home Improvements

Don in Toronto
Don in Toronto

Condo Renovation

Carick Home Improvements recently completed a full demo and rebuild of our three bedroom condo in Etobicoke and to say the least we are thrilled!

From the very onset to the completion of the project we were totally impressed by Geno and his Team. He went to great lengths to explain every step and process from the development of initial contract to the close out of the Permits. Every question and every request throughout the build was addressed in a prompt and timely fashion and Geno went out of his way to ensure that we were making informed and intelligent decisions.

Geno in himself was a gift but we would be remiss in we didn’t mention his Team. From the men doing the demolition and construction to the long list of suppliers Geno depends on and recommended, we found dealing with each and every one of them to be a rewarding experience. They listened, heard what we said and then met or exceeded our expectations in all matters. The Carick Team worked with us to ensure quality was provided and cost savings opportunities were being optimised.

The attention to detail, service and professionalism that Carick Home Improvements demonstrates from pre-build to day two support is outstanding.

We highly recommend Carick Home Improvements to anyone seeking highly professional home renovation services and to make their home improvement dreams come true.

Professional Team at Carick

I am extremely happy with my renovation project completed by Carick Home improvements. Geno was very professional and was in constant contact from start to finish and was very happy with the trades they used to completed my project from Paul building my separate entrance , Vince and his team framing and drywall to Slava who did an amazing job on the tiling and finishes. It was a big job main floor rebuild as well as converting the basement into a legal soundproof/firewall basement apartment. Carick took care of my plans, permit as well as the complete renovation. It was a large project for me to undertake and I am so glad I decided to go with Carick.

Manuel in Bathurst
Manuel in Bathurst
1 review Middle River, NB

Fully Satisfied

We moved to new offices 6 years ago and used Carrick as our main contractor. They had the most reasonable quotation among several who bid on our project. Our office area is about 1,300 sf with a few partitions.
The project was completed on time and within budget.
We are fully satisfied with the performance of Carrick and will not hesitate to recommend them.

Freddy in Toronto
Freddy in Toronto

Condo Renovation - Liberty Village

I write this recommendation of Joel and Carick Home Improvements as a General Contractor. We had the pleasure of working with Carick Home Improvements on the renovation of our condo. We were very impressed with the professionalism, quality work and work habits of the guys. We are retired seniors and to top it off new in town. It has been a bit overwhelming, however their assistance and patience was very helpful to us. From helping us with design, choosing the materials to maintaining a clean job site. It was a pleasure working with them and we don't hesitate to recommend their services.

Basement and Family Room renovation

Carick gutted and finished our pool table room and made it a man-cave, and gutted and finished our family room, and made it a more comfortable room, with a separate office space. Every trades-person who worked on this job was excellent. Carick paid a great deal of attention to the details, and involved us in all the decision making. The suppliers that Carick recommended were also excellent. Carick was on site frequently, and supervised all stages of this large project. We are thrilled with the final product!

Joe in Toronto
Joe in Toronto

Another Great Experience With Carick

Once again Gino delivered. This time with a bathroom project in my townhome. Michael was assigned to the job who had worked on another project for me. The job was completed on time and on budget.
I would not hesitate to recommend Carick Home Improvements and have done so with family and friends in the past.
Thanks Gino.

Dear Joe, Thank You very much for taking the time to write this sterling review of your latest experience with us. It has been a pleasure doing business together for many years. Yours truly Geno Scopelleti

Diane

Complete renovation (interior) of townhouse. .

The work involved gutting three floors of the townhouse and installation of a full kitchen, two bathrooms, sub-floor on third floor, all floors throughout, all new doors, trim, lighting, all windows, stairway railings and all hardware. Carmela, Joel, Sebastian and the trades were fantastic to work with! I did get several quotes and I chose Carick because their price was reasonable, but more importantly I chose Carick because of the people -- they are extremely kind, helpful, fair, supportive and problem solvers. The renovation took four months -- was planned for about three, but there were two small delays -- installing the subfloor (was unplanned) and the custom windows took a bit longer due to a colour choice issue. The townhouse looks great and you really can't find kinder or more professional people to work with.

Diane
We are so pleased with the final result of your home. We really enjoyed working with you, together we were able to make your home into a beautiful space that you will be able to enjoy for years to come.
Joel, Geno & Carmela

MsTK in Toronto
MsTK in Toronto

Condominium Renovation

Selecting a contractor to renovate our newly purchased 25 year old condo suite was a daunting task. After reading many online reviews Carick Home Improvements stood out amongst their many Toronto area competitors. In addition to positive reviews on the quality of the work and their reputation for service, Carick embraced condo renovations where so many other contractors were reluctant.

On a visit to the spring Home Show my partner and I spotted a booth for Carick and were able to speak with one of the co-owners, Mr. Geno Scopelleti. We had already spoken with many contractors and designers that day, Geno, however, was really the only person who was friendly and down-to-earth without giving us a "hard sell." Geno also mentioned that he was already working on a unit in our building. This was very important to us because he was familiar with the rules particular to our building as well as the quiet and respectful nature of the residents. Our decision to proceed with Carick
was cemented once we received a follow up telephone call from Geno and in-home visit.

We had a top to bottom renovation. Popcorn ceilings were replaced with smooth, the kitchen and bathroom were completely made over, hardwood flooring and crown mouldings were installed, recessed lighting was installed in the bathroom, living room, bedroom and laundry room, every room was repainted and new interior doors were installed throughout. The original kitchen entrance was closed off and and a new entrance was created giving us a great space with tons of storage compared with the original layout.

We are delighted with the results. Carick really respected our design vision for a traditional, closed concept space. Everything looks and functions beautifully.

The team of tradespeople were very good and Michael, in particular, put his heart into everything. We so enjoyed having Michael in our home for the duration of the project. He is a wonderful and talented man.

Above all, Geno, set the tone for the whole project from the start and was consistent in his commitment and enthusiasm. He understood that this project was not only a big investment for us but also a really exciting time in our lives. He was always accessible and always a gentleman. Any hiccups along the way were dealt with efficiently and in a timely manner.

Carick Home Improvements and Geno Scopelleti get top marks in our books. We are satisfied and grateful for such a positive experience.

Tiuu
Thank you for the nice words. Working with you was a pleasure. Renovating can be very stressful and I believe that our good communication and relationship made this project run smoothly.
Geno

filipv from Toronto
filipv from Toronto

Kitchen Reno/Condo Update

I can't begin to thank Joel and his team enough. The kitchen is gorgeous and the entire condo is updated. The design has gone from tired early 90s, to contemporary.

Mario (subcontracted by Joel) delivered a gorgeous kitchen and the design is both beautiful and functional (the storage room alone is something to write home about). We gutted the old kitchen and removed the wall separating it from the living area. The work was done on time and on budget. I am very happy and have recommended him to friends who are also renovating.

I can't wait to get to redo my bathrooms too!

More about Carick Home Improvements

Carick Home Improvements is a Nine Time Award Winning Renovator. A second generation, family-owned, home renovation contractor. Established in 1975, we are celebrating over 40 years of delivering quality craftsmanship, technical expertise and sterling customer service, combined with a flair for developing creative solutions that allow us to meet our ...