HomeStars  >  General Contractors in York  >  Carick Home Improvements
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Carick Home Improvements

Carick gutted and finished our pool table room and made it a man-cave, and gutted and finished our family room, and made it a more comfortable room, with a separate office space. Every trades-person who worked on this job was excellent. Carick paid a great deal of attention to the details, and involved us in all the decision making. The suppliers that Carick recommended were also excellent. Carick was on site frequently, and supervised all stages of this large project. We are thrilled with the final product!

Joe in Toronto

Once again Gino delivered. This time with a bathroom project in my townhome. Michael was assigned to the job who had worked on another project for me. The job was completed on time and on budget.
I would not hesitate to recommend Carick Home Improvements and have done so with family and friends in the past.
Thanks Gino.

Diane

The work involved gutting three floors of the townhouse and installation of a full kitchen, two bathrooms, sub-floor on third floor, all floors throughout, all new doors, trim, lighting, all windows, stairway railings and all hardware. Carmela, Joel, Sebastian and the trades were fantastic to work with! I did get several quotes and I chose Carick because their price was reasonable, but more importantly I chose Carick because of the people -- they are extremely kind, helpful, fair, supportive and problem solvers. The renovation took four months -- was planned for about three, but there were two small delays -- installing the subfloor (was unplanned) and the custom windows took a bit longer due to a colour choice issue. The townhouse looks great and you really can't find kinder or more professional people to work with.

Diane
We are so pleased with the final result of your home. We really enjoyed working with you, together we were able to make your home into a beautiful space that you will be able to enjoy for years to come.
Joel, Geno & Carmela

MsTK in Toronto

Selecting a contractor to renovate our newly purchased 25 year old condo suite was a daunting task. After reading many online reviews Carick Home Improvements stood out amongst their many Toronto area competitors. In addition to positive reviews on the quality of the work and their reputation for service, Carick embraced condo renovations where so many other contractors were reluctant.

On a visit to the spring Home Show my partner and I spotted a booth for Carick and were able to speak with one of the co-owners, Mr. Geno Scopelleti. We had already spoken with many contractors and designers that day, Geno, however, was really the only person who was friendly and down-to-earth without giving us a "hard sell." Geno also mentioned that he was already working on a unit in our building. This was very important to us because he was familiar with the rules particular to our building as well as the quiet and respectful nature of the residents. Our decision to proceed with Carick
was cemented once we received a follow up telephone call from Geno and in-home visit.

We had a top to bottom renovation. Popcorn ceilings were replaced with smooth, the kitchen and bathroom were completely made over, hardwood flooring and crown mouldings were installed, recessed lighting was installed in the bathroom, living room, bedroom and laundry room, every room was repainted and new interior doors were installed throughout. The original kitchen entrance was closed off and and a new entrance was created giving us a great space with tons of storage compared with the original layout.

We are delighted with the results. Carick really respected our design vision for a traditional, closed concept space. Everything looks and functions beautifully.

The team of tradespeople were very good and Michael, in particular, put his heart into everything. We so enjoyed having Michael in our home for the duration of the project. He is a wonderful and talented man.

Above all, Geno, set the tone for the whole project from the start and was consistent in his commitment and enthusiasm. He understood that this project was not only a big investment for us but also a really exciting time in our lives. He was always accessible and always a gentleman. Any hiccups along the way were dealt with efficiently and in a timely manner.

Carick Home Improvements and Geno Scopelleti get top marks in our books. We are satisfied and grateful for such a positive experience.

Tiuu
Thank you for the nice words. Working with you was a pleasure. Renovating can be very stressful and I believe that our good communication and relationship made this project run smoothly.
Geno

filipv from Toronto

I can't begin to thank Joel and his team enough. The kitchen is gorgeous and the entire condo is updated. The design has gone from tired early 90s, to contemporary.

Mario (subcontracted by Joel) delivered a gorgeous kitchen and the design is both beautiful and functional (the storage room alone is something to write home about). We gutted the old kitchen and removed the wall separating it from the living area. The work was done on time and on budget. I am very happy and have recommended him to friends who are also renovating.

I can't wait to get to redo my bathrooms too!

Angelique Davies from Toronto

Carick provided a consultation, explained the projected cost/time line, and described each step of the work that our bathroom renovation would require. In addition they made recommendations that aided us in selecting materials (whether it was grout colours or fixtures) that would give us a beautiful end result. We could not have asked for a more professional, courteous and friendly team of people to do the work needed to transform a room that was a disaster area into a gorgeous bathroom. This has given us a lot of pleasure and truly improved our home. We were so pleased with Carick's work that we asked them to do further renovations on our house. A highly recommended company.

Joe in Toronto

I recently had Carrick do some renovations within my townhome to the master bedroom and guest bathroom. This is the second time I have engaged the company for renovations to my home. Once again, I found the work to be on time and on budget with a high degree of attention to detail. The work is always professionally executed and of high-quality. In the past I have recommended the company to my relatives and friends and will continue to do so. Thank you so much Gino for helping me out.

Lawrence from Toronto

I recently had a major renovation done to my home that included an addition. The project was extensive and there were many hurdles to overcome. Geno and Joel were patient and always available to answer questions. They returned phone calls promptly. The home improvement business is full of shady characters and overpromises. Carick did everything in their power to keep their word and make sure I was happy.

Josh Bezonsky from Toronto

I used Carick Home Improvements for my bathroom renovation and was very impressed. They helped me with every last detail, from sourcing the right fixtures to painting and lighting. Everyone I dealt with was professional as well as pleasant and knowledgeable. The work was done on time and within budget. My family is very happy with the result.

Dr. Michael G. Blackmore from Toronto

We had a lovely town home in Cabbagetown….EXCEPT for the entrance. The doorway let snow drift in to the house and the "outdoor" slate tile were unsightly……now, exquisitely laid black & white tiles gleam in the foyer and the entrance is sealed from outside…..ABSOLUTE PERFECTION…thank you Carick

More about Carick Home Improvements

Carick Home Improvements is a Nine Time Award Winning Renovator. A second generation, family-owned, home renovation contractor. Established in 1975, we are celebrating over 40 years of delivering quality craftsmanship, technical expertise and sterling customer service, combined with a flair for developing creative solutions that allow us to meet our client's needs on time.