Caplan Appliances

Reviews for Caplan Appliances

Gali in York
Gali in York

Worst Service Ever

Best is that they asked me to remove my review...but they did NOTHING to ensure that their customer is happy. Truly pathetic
DO NOT BUY from Caplans.

This store is supposed to be the "go to" place for high end appliances. Ultimately you are paying for a machine and their so called "service"

We bought tens of thousands worth of appliances, first order was made Dec 2020! paid a deposit. 2 large form fridge and freezer, washer and dryer, oven range, and a dishwasher.

The 36 inch fridge arrived with a big scratch on it. The dishwasher was nowhere to be found. They agreed to give us a replacement. Thank god we insisted on it...that was Jan 2022! at the end of july 2022 (yes more than 1.5 years after they took our money) we received word that the dishwasher is finally available.

They sat on our money for a full year...

Frankly im too tired to fight this incompetent company. Surely the model we have is not the latest...how can it be? we ordered 1.5 years ago!!! they provided ZERO information about the machine which we are getting, whether its the latest model, and how they are ensuring we are getting the best one can get, considering that it is a full year and a half since our original order.

The machine is now in my kitchen but i have no idea when an installer is going to come. (5 days already...1.9 months after original order time)

Service is zero, availability of machine is zero, and i keep getting the same old answers from their sales people.

Do yourself a favor and buy elsewhere. No point paying premium when you get a service equivalent of a costco..

Vacuum Meile

Purchased Meile Cat/Dog vacuum. My children have allergies and we have a large dog - Rottweiler. It is a wonderful vacuum cleaner that picks up all the hair even during the spring shedding season. It has been the best investment I have made.

Dual Range purchase and installation

This family business and sales rep Ed Quinn care. Ed went out of his way to successfully install my range. Ed had an A + team show up to my home when the 'high end brand' could not get the unit into my kitchen (delivery team were not allowed to problem solve). Ed found me a solution and I appreciated the support during what was a stressful situation. Highly recommend Caplan Appliances and Ed in particular.

Robert in Toronto
Robert in Toronto

Washer and Dryer

We’ve purchased appliances from Caplan’s previously and never had any issues.
This time we had good sales help from Jeff to narrow down our selection and purchased a washer and dryer.
The project went south with the delivery crew, who roughly manhandled the machines up the steps with little apparent care. The machines were to be delivered to the basement through the window opening, (at grade), which had been described to Caplan’s at the time of sale. The crew decided there was no way they would do that. They would not move anything “over their heads”. The sill on the inside is at only 49”. They were considerably taller. If we could get them in ourselves, they would gladly return to complete the install and charge us for the privilege. The machines were abandoned, exposed at the side of the house without even leaving the new hoses for us to do the hook-up. Thanks to Jeff who personally delivered the missing hoses.
A second attempt for the following day using a different crew resulted in a no-show, with no courtesy call to confirm one way or another if he would be there at all.
On the 3rd day, we did it all ourselves with no difficulty. Not a huge deal, but shouldn’t have had to think about it at all.
Just beware that not all of their crews will earn some of the glowing reports seen here. Be prepared to do it yourself.

Ann in Norwich
Ann in Norwich
0 reviews Port Dover, ON

Dryer is a dud!

This was the only place I could find to review Gorenje. Caplan has nothing to do with my complaint. Bought a compact washer dryer set; regret it. The dryer is frustrating: balls up sheets so you have to manually unfold to get the inside drying. Without doing this, 90 minutes won’t completely dry one set of sheets. The washing machine has such specific programming modes that you cannot just press in water temperature, spin speed and let it go. One program lets it spin top speed with cold water wash but takes 1 hr 26 minutes! If not at top spin cycle you either spin separately or take even long to dry. Should have read reviews before purchasing.

Matthew in Trenton
Matthew in Trenton
0 reviews Quinte West, ON

Pathetic.

I purchased a wine fridge that broke down. To tell the whole story would take pages, but suffice it to say that it has been 6 months of back and forth with Caplan's and the manufacturer and I still don't have a working fridge. The manufacturer discontinued the product and issued a credit, such that I have been asked to purchase a new unit at full cost including profit for both the manufacturer (Avantgarde) and Caplan's. Does that seem a little unsavoury??? Now no one is returning my calls. I know we are in a pandemic, but they are working and you would think this would be a priority given how badly it has been botched. Steer clear!!!

A nightmare experience

We had a nightmare experience with this company. I am commenting about their delivery service. They broke something extremely expensive in our home, and the delivery guys were absolutely careless. They also did not arrive in the schedule window of time they told us. I would never do business with this company ever again. Avoid at all costs. It was a nightmare.

cbarton281 in WATERLOO
cbarton281 in WATERLOO

Refrigerator from hell from Caplan's

We bought a KitchenAid fridge from Caplan's about 20 months ago.  The salesperson was pleasant and helpful but we had our 8th service visit for the fridge today.  On top of the unreliability, we can not store much food in the fridge becaue it freezes up.   It is a total lemon and Caplan's will not back what they sell.  We purchased an extended warranty for this fridge which means Caplan's just refers us to the warranty company.  I would expect years of trouble-free operation from a fridge.  Bottom line, Caplan's do not stand behind their products.  Do yourself a favour and buy from a big box store who will do returns.

Sara M in York
Sara M in York

Happy customer

I was so well treated today by three levels of Caplan staff - the delivery person Matt - the sales person Andrei and upper management - a crucial item was never delivered to my client's renovation - it was a potentially awkward situation since I signed the part was received - I wasn't paying attention as it was not - I feel so good that without much fanfare the missing product was redeemed and my client was honored as well as my word

I definitely recommend Caplan's

Thank you!

Jessica
Jessica

Mixed feelings but I'd still buy from Caplans again

I've got mixed feelings but I'd still buy from Caplans again. I bought a range that ended up needing to be returned to the manufacturer. Dealing with the store-level rep was useless but once we were put in touch with the sales manager the matter was resolved. It took months to wrap up all the admin/ logistics but we ended up with a product that I'm very happy with. Overall I feel like management at Caplans care about their customers and about the reputation of the company. The best thing a consumer can do is lots of research before visiting the store and don't purchase on the first visit.

More about Caplan Appliances

Well-known appliance retailer serving the GTA. We carry all the top brands from KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Whirlpool, Bosch, Dacor, Viking, Miele, Sub Zero and Wolf. Caplan's has been a family business for over 70 years. When you're here, don't forget to visit our Clearance Outlet to find exceptional deals!
Looking for Appliance Retailers pros in Mississauga?