Caplan Appliances

Reviews for Caplan Appliances

Sara M in York
Sara M in York

Happy customer

I was so well treated today by three levels of Caplan staff - the delivery person Matt - the sales person Andrei and upper management - a crucial item was never delivered to my client's renovation - it was a potentially awkward situation since I signed the part was received - I wasn't paying attention as it was not - I feel so good that without much fanfare the missing product was redeemed and my client was honored as well as my word

I definitely recommend Caplan's

Thank you!

Jay in Toronto, Ontario
Jay in Toronto, Ontario

Mixed feelings but I'd still buy from Caplans again

I've got mixed feelings but I'd still buy from Caplans again. I bought a range that ended up needing to be returned to the manufacturer. Dealing with the store-level rep was useless but once we were put in touch with the sales manager the matter was resolved. It took months to wrap up all the admin/ logistics but we ended up with a product that I'm very happy with. Overall I feel like management at Caplans care about their customers and about the reputation of the company. The best thing a consumer can do is lots of research before visiting the store and don't purchase on the first visit.

Absolutely the worst after purchase customer service around. Shocking

We purchased a suite of high end appliances from Caplans, including a wolf stove and a miele fridge. The fridge arrived without all of its components. Shockingly, 8 months after delivery, Stephanie the customer service agent still has not contacted Miele to resolve this, despite the manager assuring it would be done many months ago. Our dryer and washer have broken three times in the past 8 months, leaving us (with three kids) without laundry. Each repair has taken weeks and multiple tech visits (including wasted hours waiting for them) to resolve. We were assured by Steve, the manager, that they would be replaced should it happen again.. Sure enough, it happened again and Steve left for holiday (without informing us or resolving the issue), while Stephanie, whose job it is to deal with this, is rude and incompetent in equal measure and no one else is able to assist apparently. Please don't be fooled by the nice showroom and selection and the helpful sales staff. Once you put your money here you will not be assisted or valued. It took them many phone calls to even enter our actual address in their system (the result is techs and deliveries have repeatedly been sent to our previous address. Just shocking).

bushraabidi in Markham
bushraabidi in Markham
2 reviews Pickering, ON

Appliances

I would take this opportunity to thank you very much for the beautiful appliances. It was quite a struggle for my husband and I to find the proper company for our new custom home Kitchen. Being a first time custom home builder it wasn’t easy for us. However, after meeting with Thomas we were amazed to see his professional attitude and knowledge. You can easily trust CAPLAN for the experience,quality, price and professionalism. After our delivery we had a small dent at the pedestal of our dryer, LG refused to exchange it but Caplan took the responsibility of changing at their own expense. We really appreciate their customer service. They are very customer oriented I will give them 5 STARS for everything.They are excellent with customers to respond and meet their needs, requirements and expectations.
We will recommend you to anyone, and we truly appreciate your service
Bushra & Ather

Melissa from Toronto ON
Melissa from Toronto ON

Gorenje Washer & Dryer

I'm revising review as the company rectified issue! Thank you Caplans!

I contacted Caplans to purchase a new washer and dryer for my condo. At first the process was going well. I spoke with Paul and he was able to get the machines to me that same weekend. When the machines arrived the delivery guys were pleasant. When it was time to connect them they couldn’t because my plug was burnt. I had to contact an electrician to change the plug ( that wasn’t the problem ) the problem was I mentioned that the machines had to be the same components as the original machines because I’m in a condo and only have certain wiring because when the electrician showed up he couldn’t connect the machines...So the next week they had the delivery guys come pick up the old machines and bring new ones with the same components. At this point I was actually still pleased with the service I was getting. It wasn’t until I needed to hire a plumber to connect the washing machines because it was leaking ( brand new and leaking ) So I had the plumber stack the machines but he was questioning how secure the machines would be because they needed to be stacked. So at this point I’ve paid for the machines, had to hire an electrician, and a plumber to connect the machines. However Caplans charge $85 for a delivery / installation fee. When I attempted to use the washing machine it was working fine up until it began to spin and the dryer completely moved making the washing machine bang loudly. I had to stop the cycle. I contacted Paul from Caplans and he said that he has never heard of this happening because the machines come with suction cups...no help there. So I contacted another appliance company and they told me the machine should have come with a stacking kit. So now ANOTHER company needs to come and stack the machines correctly. Overall, I needed an electrician, a plumber, and an appliance company to use the machines that Caplans ( with over 70 years in the business ) couldn’t help me with! Almost $4000 to use machines...don’t use this company! The pic attached is the machines that shifted. I’m still waiting for the appliance company to correctly stack them!

Review has 1 previous version
Ben in Toronto
Ben in Toronto

Good experience

I bought a dishwasher from them. I was originally going to buy it from another company but I got mad when they told me that the new dishwasher would be delivered one day and the next day (hopefully), the installer would come. I had a very bad feeling about this. I then went to Caplan's website and looked at their recommendations. I realized that another dishwasher would be better for me than the one I was going to buy from the other company. I then compared the prices of the new model at Caplan's and at the other company and it was $50 less at Caplans. Plus:
-Caplan's installer (Top Gun) charged $200, not $330 at the other company.
-Caplan's installer would deliver and install the dishwasher the same day.
-Caplan's could deliver in three days, not two and half weeks at the other company.
The salesman at Caplans was Matthew.

Update: I later used Caplan's to buy a washing machine and fridge as well and I really didn't like the delivery:
-I should have been told in advance to have some rags ready for the washing machine delivery. Instead, when I was asked for towels, I just handed them some of my good ones and they were basically ruined in the installation.
-They don't clean up the packaging and put it in the trash. However, maybe I am being too picky.

product, and service

we bougtha Jennair cooktop- the fan did not work at all.
Caplans service rep came, admittedly, but could not fix the issue. claiming that teh prodcut was working as it should Caplans did not back their product.
would avoid dealing with them in the future, and would recommend the same to all

Mike from Etobicoke
Mike from Etobicoke

Bosch washer/dryer combo purchase

We just made our first purchase from Caplan's Appliances and we were very pleased with excellent service and competitive pricing.
Their consultant Matt Hebert was very professional in sending us prompt e-mail quote (on a Labour Day Monday), and next day we completed the purchase of Bosch washer/dryer combo in store with Matt.
As promised, the delivery took place following Saturday morning, and Cody and his team (Trevor & Paul I believe) did a great job removing our old appliances, setting up the new ones, as well as testing both washer and dryer.
We highly recommend the Caplan's Appliances family store over large chain stores. Excellent customer service, friendly and very knowledgeable staff. Also, their showroom is impressive to visit as well.

Karen in Mississauga
Karen in Mississauga

Condo Renovation

We needed to purchase appliances for a condo we were renovating and friends recommended Caplan's. We liked the fact that Caplan's is a family run business so we decided to check it out. We had read some online reviews before our visit and salesman Matt Hebert was mentioned a number of times. We asked for him when we went to the showroom. Matt was knowledgeable, professional and not at all pushy. We could tell right away that he knew his product lines well. He answered all of our questions, made suggestions and helped us choose all of our appliances in a timely manner. We had been to a few other appliance stores and I came away from those visits very stressed and over whelmed. I was not the least bit stressed during the time we spent with Matt. He went above and beyond during this whole process explaining things and making recommendations. He made communicating with us a priority quickly responding by phone and e-mail. He even gave us call backs on on his days off...
We couldn't give Caplan's a definite delivery date so the fact that they could hold the appliances for us until we were ready for them was very helpful.
We had a very positive experience and would have no problem recommending Caplan's and especially Matt to family and friends.

K louie in Scarborough
K louie in Scarborough

Stoves Ranges Ovens

I bought a Kitchenaid Stove. It was defective. I could not return or exchange it. I had to deal with Whirlpool and the incompetent service people they hired to look at the stove. The stove just got picked up. Had to use a 60 warranty on the self-cleaning feature to get my money back. Two months without a stove and will be another 3-6 weeks before I get my money and can buy a new stove. Will never buy a Whirlpool product, or deal with Caplans, again.

More about Caplan Appliances

Well-known appliance retailer serving the GTA. We carry all the top brands from KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Whirlpool, Bosch, Dacor, Viking, Miele, Sub Zero and Wolf. Caplan's has been a family business for over 70 years. When you're here, don't forget to visit our Clearance Outlet to find exceptional deals!
Looking for Appliance Retailers pros in Mississauga?