Canadian Choice Windows & Doors

Reviews for Canadian Choice Windows & Doors

K2Greek
K2Greek

Window Sales Misleading

The areas of concern are pertaining to my basement windows which are the steel frame Reliant windows and some windows in my bathroom which currently have California shutters on them. The install for all windows was intended to be brick to brick.

Our basement windows are quite rotted out with the frame rusting badly and broken in a couple of places so my initial thought is the entire window and frame need to be replaced. Upon visit from the sales agent, he wasn’t sure if they could be capped or need a rebuilt (fair enough he’s sales) and he would refer to the measurement tech that would come out.

With regards to the California shutters, the sales rep advised a brick to brick install could be performed while at the same time ensuring that the shutters are removed and re-installed.

We also wanted 2 fake windows put in however he wasn’t sure about the available design and stated he would get back to us.

He drafted a contract based on basement windows being capped and California shutters as described above. However, we would have an option to further review details with measurement tech and make any changes or cancel the job altogether at that appointment which was to be within 1-2 weeks.

Upon visit from the measurement tech 3 weeks later, he was extremely uncertain that the California shutters could go back and that “sales people will tell you anything”. He was frustrated and said he would “make it work”. Upon looking at the basement windows and taking pictures, he mentioned they looked pretty bad and most likely cant’ be capped and he would have his install manager give an expert opinion. I'd like to also note that the tech showed up with no ladder and asked to borrow ours, not handling it like a professional, banging out eavestroughs. Who shoes up to a measurement appointment with windows on the 2nd floor without a ladder?

In any case, we advised the sales rep of the tech’s findings and that further opinion would have to be gauged. We were told of a response in the “next couple of days”.

We follows up 8 days later, no response. 12 days later and were told the next day. Still no answer.

Next day I get a call from them requesting an installation date which shocked me. The details and requirements were still not finalized (scope or details of the basement windows, whether or not the shutters would go back in properly, or confirmation of the fake window design) but they are calling to book an install!

Upon messaging the sales rep, he advised the basement windows were ready for install. At this point my trust just went downhill with this company as it seemed they were forging ahead with an order without having clear requirements aligned with the customer and clear expectations set.

I called the sales rep and he misinformed me stating that they always recommend rebuilding the basement windows. Not true – he said he would need expert opinion which I still had not received. I asked if rebuilding would need to cut into the brick and he said yes. I asked for details to be sent in an email. Upon receiving it later that night, he mentioned no cut into the brick would be required and the description of the work involved installing a lentil and a wood frame which was different from metal frames previously discussed.

Furthermore, he advised that the shutters would be re-installed based on a stud to stud installation, contrary to the contract, and that aluminum capping would be needed to hide the insulation. We clearly mentioned previously that we do not want any aluminum and expect a quality, professional, clean install in a brick to brick scenario.

This was escalated to a VP who advised something else.

It’s very frustrating and disappointing to be dealing with answers like this and loss of trust when they contradict what is written in the contract. Furthermore, we came across another customer with the same California shutter scenario, and their install turned out to be a disaster, very messy and unprofessional looking, and the shutters ended up being cut into!

I cannot trust this company to do quality work and them having you as a representative tarnishes your reputation on doing professional, quality, clean installs.

I have emails and text messages with these conversations.

Allan in Calgary
Allan in Calgary

Windows and Doors Upgrade

We underwent a major renovation to the house we've lived in for 17 years, and decided to upgrade all of our original windows and external doors. It was a huge project, consisting of 37 windows and 3 doors. Alex and his team of installers from Canadian Choice Windows & Doors were very professional and polite. The windows and doors were installed in a very timely fashion. The work and craftsmanship went way above our expectations, and we're extremely happy with the end result.

HomeStars in Toronto
HomeStars in Toronto

Patio Door

This company was prompt in coming out to quote me on my patio door brick cutout project. Jason was very knowledgeable and was there every step of the way for any questions or concerns. The delivery was ahead of schedule and we are ready for the winter!!!
Thank you Canadian Choice, I have already gave my neighbor your referral and will continue to do so.

Satya in Calgary
Satya in Calgary

Whole house with triple pane windows

Windows were done on time and they Are beautiful from inside and outside. Extremely good quality and very good pricing. Olga was very helpful and courteous. Very professional company. Certainly recommend

Private User reviews Creemore, ON

Window replacement

we are very disappointed in the windows. We initially were replacing 1 30 year old bow window and decided on a bay window based on conversation with the sales rep. We were told over and over how much better the installation would be and that the window would be installed from brick to brick, more glass and much better all around. We bought into what the sales rep was selling and decided to replace 2 more windows. Despite what the sales rep told us the glass is much smaller, frame much bigger. We need to step out our sliding glass door sideways. The bay window Looks like it sits too far in the house, looks ridiculous and has been a conversation pieces all summer amongst our friends, family and neighbors. The sill is half the size it was and can’t install shutters nicely. We have dealt with a dozen contractors and this is our first review ever, that is how disappointed we are. We found them dishonest, over promise, under deliver. We waited for a screen for 2 months, it was to be dropped off everyday for a week, then told they need to remake it for delivery weeks later. When installed showed up he knew nothing about it, when asked he searched truck, there it was all beat up and stained. He had it the whole time, good thing cause they never did remake one.

Joe F.......Alliston,ON
Joe F.......Alliston,ON
1 review New Tecumseth, ON

Patio Door Installation

From the first contact with this company till the completion of the patio doors, I was informed of all details of the installation. From the salesman, Alex R. who was very professional and was obviously
an expert in the sales of their products. He answered all my concerns
of the purchase and installation of the patio door set. On top of that
he quoted me a very satisfactory price, for the scope of the work,that
had to be done.
The installers arrived in the morning of the work day,worked fast,
and by mid day, had knocked out the exterior brick and had the opening
framed ready to have the patio doors installed. Their work was very
exact and I had no complaints. The door installer arrived a short time
later and completed the installation with great precision. I could not
have been happier with their workmanship. My only concern was
the cut electrical wires within the wall,which had to be repaired by
a qualified electrician. I would definitely hire this company again
in the future, should the need arise....A 10 star installation....!!!!

Mrs.Cheng in Richmond Hill
Mrs.Cheng in Richmond Hill
3 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Windows and door replacement

Our overall experience has been great. Our sales rep Bonnie, was very professional and knowledgeable, which made my decision quite easy and fast. We signed the contract at our first meeting. The window installers, (Simon’s team)were very professional and cleaned up after installation. They were helpful when we asked for small touch ups. Thank you Very much for the quality service, products, and workmanship.

Only suggestion is the sales team and the installer team need a little better communication. For example what items needs to be installed -go through the contract what needs to be done. We have to remind the installing team for couple items that they weren’t aware.

Overall, the experience were great. Whole house windows and door replacement was done in 2 days.

SiSi and Dominic

Jeff G. from Ottawa
Jeff G. from Ottawa
5 reviews Kinburn, ON

Window install - full house

Julia and the install team were absolutely first rate. They were professional and answered all of our questions thoroughly and to our satisfaction. We are very happy with the final product, having had 21 windows done in all. I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Cesil in Toronto
Cesil in Toronto

Great Customer Service

We started the process of renovating our new (very old) semi in downtown Toronto by looking for new windows and doors. Jemal was the first person to come out and give us a quote and stuck out in our mind after every other sales rep from bigger and smaller companies came through our house. He was extremely knowledgable, walked us through the entire process and helped us at every step of the way. We never felt pressured or like he was trying to upsell us and before leaving he gave us his personal number to text him any more questions. In the end, we chose to go with Canadian Choice because of their price, warranty and Jamel.

Mikevw633 in Thickwood Heights
Mikevw633 in Thickwood Heights
1 review Fort Mc Murray, AB

Window and door - replace all

Early March I called after receiving a few of their cards in mail for 1 of my 3 quotes. March 29 Eric project manager quoted all windows and both doors. June 8 @7am work was suppose to start, guys got here 11am. 2 days work went into 4days. Before I paid, I noticed a couple little things installer said partner would fix while we settled up. I went to check the work and they took off with out doing deficenes. Looked a little closer and noticed more problems, send first list to Canadian Choice a sample of problems; handles fall off, screens to small, extremely bad silicone every single window and door waves and holes! Chipped and scratched paint, threw away 1/2 doorbell, plastic plugs falling into door. Completely missed the top of 3 windows! 3 out of 5
"grill inserts" we're upside down showing the seam.
After 19 calls 2missed appointments and almost 2 months Nick finally
showed up, silicone the 3 windows that were missed and a couple other
spots out of approx 110 deficiencies in silicone.
"Fixed" a window that did not close properly, whole frame now bent (
photo).does not open all way anymore roller broke off bottom. Door that had gap was also fixed squeezed real loud after couple days I
removed hing pin and door is very stress now.
Now Canadian Choice wants to install all new windows that is how bad
the manufacturing quality control -extremely rough seals around all
windows corners and between the windows.
They want to do it Oct.15 in Fort mcmurray ! HaHa I started in March to
avoid that.
Also management spoke to me 1 time for 1 min. And said would make
right! I have filed BBB complaint , approx 37 calls, emails and 2
complaints the corp. web site which said get back to me, not 1 reply!
There is no communication from anyone in authority in this company, I have got excuses from them starting in June with person who could help service manager was vacation, sick, pass to next person who was Lena she was vacation, sick, not in office this week, I'm a meeting, then put
me on hold till I hang up. With this many issues with both product and insulation. I have also asked for my recite 4 times and for some reason I have not got them. Also Canadian Choice will not even tell me if they filled paper work a government rebate.

More about Canadian Choice Windows & Doors

Save thousands by dealing directly with a manufacturer! Canadian Choice Windows and Doors Inc. is a leading manufacturer of windows in Canada, serving Ontario. Canadian Choice Windows and Doors offers a huge selection of replacement windows including energy efficient windows, vinyl windows, casement windows, awning windows and bow and bay windows.

Canadian Choice Windows and Doors has been serving Toronto, Richmond Hill, North York, Markham, Mississauga, Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton, Kitchener, Cambridge, Niagra Falls and the surrounding areas as well as in Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg and Northern Ontario.

Why is Canadian Choice Windows and Doors your best solution for window replacement?

1. No Pressure Estimate: take your time & make informed decision

2. Save Money: Energy Star windows will reduce your energy bill by 30 %

3. Professional Installation: flawless installation and thorough clean up by courteous installers

4. High Quality: The highest quality windows in the industry, featuring foam injected honey comb structure.

5. Easy Financing: Financing solutions to fit anyone’s lifestyle

6. Maximum Comfort: low-E coating to reflect summer sun and retain winter heat with our Cardinal Smart Glass system.

7. Zero Maintenance: our windows are easy to clean from within the home and will never fade or discolor

Canadian Choice Windows and Doors is your smartest solution for window and door replacement.