Canac Kitchens Ltd., A Division Of Kohler

Kitchen & Bathroom - Cabinets & Design
180 Creditview Rd Vaughan ON L4L 9N4
HomeStars  >  Kitchen & Bathroom - Cabinets & Design in Vaughan  >  Canac Kitchens Ltd., A Division Of Kohler

Reviews for Canac Kitchens Ltd., A Division Of Kohler

natalie greene from Vaughan
natalie greene from Vaughan

canac kitchen cupboards

Extremely disappointed in product......We decided to put a new kitchen in our cottage so we checked out a few contractors and even checked out his work from other customers. Its about 10 years later and the material on my white cupboards are all coming off and the installer made a terrible mess putting them in(which we told him the floor was not level).......It is so disappointing. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to fix the material coming off or do I have to replace all the front cabinets.

Houseproud in Mississauga
Houseproud in Mississauga

Installed Kitchen - Maple Shaker Cabinets

I went to Canac because their quality was above IKEA and their price was below most competitors. The quality of the cabinets was quite good. I asked for granite counter tops and was sent to a supplier to choose my own large slab, which I was very pleased with.
The reason I only gave them a 3/5 and would hesitate to recommend them to my mother was because of the installer they sent. 'Todd' was new to the industry and my older house had a few 'irregularities' (not quite 45 degree corners, not quite perfectly straight floors) which he did not seem to be able to compensate for. The result was that when the granite cutter came he indicated that the boxes were not quite level and the ones by the sink would have to be removed and put back in properly. Instead 'Todd' used shims to try to level them. Without asking me, the granite installer then CUT the stone in order to avoid it cracking later - this not only broke my heart it left a big line through what had been a solid piece of granite. It was my first kitchen reno and it had already taken quite a bit of time with nowhere to cook but the barbeque, so I let it go. Now that it is done I do enjoy the kitchen very much - but my eye is always drawn to the cut line!

May in Richmond Hill
May in Richmond Hill
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Kitchen renovation

We purchased a kitchen through what we thought was a reputable company as it was around for many years. We finally saved up enough money to get something nice so went to Canac in October 2007 and Samuel came up with a wonderful design for us. Installtion began in January 2008 and were so excited to have this wonderful kitchen. Upon putting together the cabinets the installer who is no longer there) noticed that the cabinets along one wall was bigger then the actual wall size so I had to extend the wall by 3 inches. The designer came to the house twice to measure so the mistake was done at the factory. No problem, once the wall was done the installer, this time Joe came back with the doors and noticed that 4 doors were darker then the rest. Noticeable yes but they went up anyway because we were promised that new doors would come in 4-6 weeks. It's been over a year with 3 attempts at matching the same 4 doors with numerous phone calls and no answers as to why this is taking so long. Lee Anne, who oversees production is the worst customer service person I have ever met. The serivice with Canac is absolutely horrible and I would not recommend them to anybody.

triciawhitby
triciawhitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Kitchen renovation

We initially went to Canac and had a very unhelpful staff but prices were terrific. We requested a new staff consultant through the manager and the new staff was great. The drive was far as we live in Whitby but we saved more by going through the Vaughn store. Installation was great. We got lots of upgrades for not a lot of money.

Donna in Stone Castle, Brampton
Donna in Stone Castle, Brampton

Kitchens cupboards

My husband and I purchased our new home in 2002. The kitchen cupboards and countertops which were purchased from Canac Kitchens at 360 John St.Thornhill, Ontario, were defective upon delivery in November of 2002.
A number of the defective cupboards were installed, we pointed this out to the Canac installer at the time the cupboards and the countertops were installed.
Canac Kitchens responded by letter indicating that they would replace the defective cupboards. To date the cupboards have not been replaced. Todays date is February 24,2009.
We have been very dissatisfied with the service received from Canac Kitchens and cannot in good conscience consider them for any future Renovation or building projects, nor can we recommend them.

Sincerely,

Donna & Mark Moncrieffe.

Karen Bates
Karen Bates
3 reviews Ancaster, ON

New kitchen

We ordered new cabinets in the summer. Eight weeks after order they were delayed another six weeks. The customer service was slow in responding and for the price it should have been better.

JJ in Scarborough
JJ in Scarborough
1 review East York, ON

Kitchen renovation

Our kitchen reno in scarborough was pleasant. The Maple doors were of high quality and we were very happy with the overall kitchen reno. Although they were very knowledgeable, we did find the pricing and extra costs to be a little high. Overall we were happy with the outcome.

Richmond Hill-6962
Richmond Hill-6962

Kitchen cabinet add on

The supplied our builder the kitchen cabinets, and we needed to do some changes so we order some cabinets and parts from them. Waited 2-3 weeks for some small parts. The price they charge us is MUCH MUCH more than quote we got from other places, but we didn't have a choice since only their product would match with our existing cabinets.
I don't know about their installation, but the product quality is quite good. Definitely not worth the price we had to paid tho, so if you have a choice, shop around.

1 review Ottawa, ON

Kitchen renovation project

The worst project of my life and worst customer service experience that I had ever in my life, is with Canac Kitchen (Ottawa, ON Canada).

We order the entire kitchen (L-Shaped, 14’ x 22’) in July 2007. Order was delayed and supplied in October 2007 (sitting in garage for month), then it was installed in November. Most of the doors were defective and supplied with bad finish despite paying good money for Maple wood painted in Dark chocolate color. Salesperson apologized for supplying bad quality material and re-ordered entire set of the doors and had it installed after the first quarter of 2008. We also received some wrong cabinets n the first place and the first round of installation took about a month, before I could put the granite counter tops. Then we were missing some doors, side panel for fridge, wrong size cabinet and doors, microwave shelf and may other things. For that reason, valances (under the cabinet) were also not completed. Story goes on and has not ended as of writing this review the project has not yet been completed. In fact, now I have some doors with wrong type of handles that need to be re-ordered and lot more to replace/re-order. I have asked Canac’s Sales person yesterday to fully refund my money.

Cynthia from toronto
Cynthia from toronto
1 review North York, ON

Kitchen Renovation

For a company as large as Canac Kitchens they have the worst customer service ever. You know the saying the customer is always right, well canac thinks they are always right. Its taken them 6months thus far to finish our kitchen and they have yet to complete it. They do not want to take responsibility for anything and want us to pay more money into something that was put in our kitchen that was incorrect. I highly recommend that if you are interested in using this company for your kitchen reno, don't! you will be wasting your time and getting stressed for absolutly no reason at all.