California Kitchens And Baths Ltd

Kitchen & Bathroom - Cabinets & Design
16 Martin Ross Ave North York ON M3J 2K8
HomeStars  >  Kitchen & Bathroom - Cabinets & Design in Concord  >  California Kitchens And Baths Ltd

Reviews for California Kitchens And Baths Ltd

Eva in Vaughan
Eva in Vaughan

Kitchen renovation

Poor quality cabinets are chipping. Water damage started after a few months. Never use this company! I think ikea would have been better. I am very disappointed and would never use them again, nor would I ever recommend them to anyone.

Kitchen reno, deposit withheld

We lost several thousand dollars to these guys. Initially we were excited to work with them and gave a deposit on a $20,000 job, but within a couple of weeks had unexpected major health and financial setbacks. Michael told us, "don't worry, wait for six months and come back to us." Six months later, we still couldn't do it and several years after, we still can't. Michael won't discuss our deposit with us, so we've lost the money. Wish Homestars had reviews of these guys when we first got involved with them, because these other negative reviews show a clear pattern of terrible customer service.

Joy Kaufman  in Toronto
Joy Kaufman in Toronto

Kitchen renovation

We just completed our brand new kitchen renovation in December 2015. All I ever dreamed up was a new white kitchen. We found the whole team at Cakifornia kitchens to be very professional. The finite detail of the project was just amazing as everything fit in like a glove the first time. I highly recommend them and the whole team....have fun we did

north toronto
north toronto

kitchen renovation

The white cabinet doors and drawers they installed chipped after a year and they blamed us for damaging the cabinets. WE SHOULD HAVE HIRED A LAWYER, but instead kept asking them to refinish/repaint. NOTHING was done, they asked for money to replace all our cabinet fronts. We are living with damaged goods and are very disappointed with California Kitchens. DO NOT USE their white cabinets if you want your kitchen to last more than a year! POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE too.

Vicki S. from Toronto
Vicki S. from Toronto

Kitchen cabinetry

Initially we were happy with the job they did but after a year or some of the cabinet doors and drawers were chipping. They blamed us saying we had water damaged them….duH! They are kitchen cabinets near water! Why did they not tell us that they are not sturdy enough for typical kitchen usage. We had to hire a lawyer to get them to fix some of them…3.5 years later many are wearing badly…ones that are FAR from any water…they are just not finished well! I do not recommend this company. On top of the so so job, they are not nice people to deal with…..

Alana from Etobicoke
Alana from Etobicoke
5 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Completely New Kitchen

We tore out an old kitchen and built a completely new one. My parents had used California Kitchens for their kitchen renovation and were very happy with them, which is why my husband I chose them. Catherine at California Kitchens helped us design our new kitchen. She was very helpful with suggestions to make it more functional, etc. We are so happy with how it turned out. The installer was very friendly. They sent someone to check everything during the installation and after. There was a minor issue - crack in one cabinet door, and another cabinet door didn't fit properly- and they made us new ones to replace those with. It looks beautiful and we are very pleased with everything. They are not cheap but not the most expensive, high quality - you get what you pay for. Good experience.

margo from North York
margo from North York
3 reviews North York, ON

Kitchen

The people at California Kitchens were helpful and built very nice cabinets. When they were ready to be installed, the cabinets were delivered at the time quoted and except for a few small issues (which were addressed as soon as they were brought to the company's attention), the installation was done well.

Review has 1 previous version
Rosemary Coombe from Old Toronto
Rosemary Coombe from Old Toronto

All new custom cabinetry with custom penninsula

California Kitchens helped me to design an Arts and Crafts style kitchen with Mission style glass cabinets, an oak peninsula dividing the kitchen and dining room (which replaced a wall) with cabinetry on both sides. We did the kitchen wall in cream cabinetry (we got to choose a Benjamin Moore paint color (OC77) and the MDF was custom matched to it, meaning that virtually any color is possible in MDF and wall colors can be easily chosen that blend with the MDF tone flawlessly). We did the peninsula in solid red oak. It is absolutely stunning!!!! Even the contractors are ga-ga over it! Devra let me design my own cabinet doors with waterfall glass inserts. She had great ideas for finishing the gable wall which now matches the cabinet doors in design. The price was quite reasonable given the quality of the workmanship and the difficulty and size of the project. Everyone was responsive to my needs and they checked with me on all the details. Even the hardware is lovely. I cannot wait to post pictures after the countertops go in! California Kitchens does not work quickly because all of the design work is done by hand. But if you are looking for careful, quality, professional work, you cannot go wrong. Just don't be in a hurry; it is worth the wait!

8 reviews North York, ON

fixing kitchen cabinets

These guys are professional. Came into my home, identified needs and executed. Very good at fixing hinges, matching up colors, and providing solutions. We were impressed. They were also quick to return my calls and book appointments - good follow up!

8 reviews North York, ON

bathroom reno

Very professional, the team really know wheat their doing. From consultation to design everything was completed successfully and on budget. In addition, they really gave me some great suggestions for other projects that I need to consider. I highly recommend them.