California Closets

1400 Castlefield Ave. Inside Design Living Centre ON M6B 4N4
HomeStars  >  Closet & Storage Solutions in Toronto  >  California Closets

Reviews for California Closets

DO YOUR HOMEWORK!

We were looking for a storage company to design a difficult space we had for a reach-in closet. I contacted California Closets and 2 other competitors who are also highly rated on HomeStars. The two competitors to California Closets both drew out a sketch of what my closet would look like on a pad of paper and were very hesitant to offer any more information to me about their product unless I signed on board with them. Then there was California Closets. Polina our rep was very professional and never pushy. She had an architectural background (which helped!) and sent us several options via CAD. Very professionally done. She was very transparent about the finishes and materials they were going to use. When I saw samples from the competitors I saw that the finishes were not of comparable quality and the laminate was thinner (hence why their price was lower). We even had a chance to go to their showroom (which I highly recommend) to see the end product and she spent an additional 2 hours with us going over various options. At no point did I feel any sales pressure and she was very patient with us. The only negative I would say with the company (and I brought this up with Polina) is they should have an expiry date on their proposals. She contacted us a few days prior to our showroom visit that there was a price increase which I found unnerving. In the end, we worked out a better price and a discounted rate which we were happy with. The installer she booked for us was very professional and even adjusted our hanging rods at the last minute. They cleaned up their entire workspace and were very friendly. I would definitely recommend California Closets and will be back for more services in the future.

Raymond Gill
Raymond Gill

Unbelievable Closets

We hired California Closets to design our custom closets, including a walk-in closet, office closet, wardrobe, medicine cabinets, and a built-in bookcase. They did an absolutely amazing job. Their designer was fantastic. He spent a ton of time working on the design with us, and the final result was breathtaking. Based on our experience, we highly recommend California Closets.

Vicky B in Toronto
Vicky B in Toronto

Walk in bedroom closet

I had a pleasant experience from start to finish. I met with Crystal who took precise measurements and gave me the awesome design. On the day of installation, Hayden showed up on time. He worked nonstop and was done in less than 2 hours. Both individuals were very polite, courteous and professional. Definitely recommend California closets.

Helen in Toronto
Helen in Toronto

Open Closet

Thank you so much for helping my family with the closet. Polina, you went out of your way to help me design my new closet and I will continue to use you as well, as the productions offered by your company.

High quality finish and work and excellent service

marska99 from Toronto
marska99 from Toronto

Murphy bed install

We hired this company after having been left stranded by another design firm. Derek was very professional and transparent. He scheduled an evening visit to look at the place and then we came to the showroom to go over the design. While he wasn't able to give us a total breakdown of costs for design/labor etc, he was able to manipulate the design to come under budget. The billing and installation process was pretty seamless. I liked that they accept major credit card and committed to timelines. We are very happy with the end result. The design work was really well done and Derek helped us use higher end finished to maximize the look. He also designed cabinetry that is high end and functional. The only reason it is not 10 stars was for some minor issues with their installation process. You really need to be present for it. If not, then there may be errors made that take some time to fix.

CEA
CEA
17 reviews Pickering, ON

Walk In Closets & In-Built Entertainment Unit

I got 3 quotes for a his & hers walk in closet. I expected NOT to go with California Closets, and just pick a mid-range quote.. I was however surprised how CLOSE Califorina Closets was to the mid range quote. So with only a few hundred dollars (maybe $500 at most) separating California Closets from the next guy, we just opted to pay for the company that wouldn't feel like "settling".. We were impressed with the finish quality in our closets. The custom hardware purpose made for CC, and not sold by Richeleau (to Home Depot or smaller cabinet builders). The hardware is really impressive, good robust fit, and clean. No Cost Engineering evident in the manufacturing quality of the hardware. The MDF panels are very smooth, and the veneer seams are undetectable to touch.

We were so impressed with the pricing and quality for our closets, we decided a few months later to get CC to quote our custom in-built entertainment unit. This was a slightly less positive experience due to the lead time and delays involved. The start time was delayed due to a backlog with CC's supplier, CC was professional enough to disclose this upfront, and held to the forecast delayed start. When the install was done, we got a less experienced installer due to the more experienced ones busy with the new CC showroom. This guy took 3 trips to complete the work, from missing a particular tool, to a panel that was cut short (not his fault). Despite all this the end product was amazing, catalog worthy. I collaborated with the designer and installer so the in-built TV unit could withstand my TV on an extendible cantilever arm. They even wanted a photo for their showcase (though I think they like to flatter customers like that) but I declined the request..

I will recommend people not let the nice showroom and nice finishes intimidate them from getting a quote from California Closets. If you are for above average, they are worth a look. If all you want is cheap, and not a refined product, then there are other businesses to serve you.

Katrina from Toronto
Katrina from Toronto

Fireplace built-in

We selected California Closets to build cabinetry around fireplace in our living room. Knowing that the company had a well-established reputation and having liked their selection of wood finishes, we thought they would be the right fit for our project. Little did we know that they have very poor project management skills or employee training or both.

To tell our long story short, it took around four months from the time we had our first meeting with California Closets designer to the scheduld delivery date. We met up three weeks prior to delivery with our California Closets designer to pay our down payment and it was confirmed that our design was approved and everything is set to go. A day prior to delivery, we got an email first from the designer saying that they needed to talk to us about a problem with our design. After playing a phone tag for a while and not really understanding what was going on, we ended up getting a phone call from the president of a company in the evening. He apologized and let us know that their wood systems are not meant to hold the fireplaces. He mentioned something about the communication to their employees may not have been clear, etc, etc. Needless to say we were extremely disappointed that we waisted so much time and effort and were back to square one four months after we started working on our project. We will never work with California Closets again and hope that you will consider our story when making your contactors selection.

Susan from Toronto
Susan from Toronto

Closet interiors

This company is a class act: from thoughtful design by Cassandra to quality materials to expert installation and clean-up to prompt follow-up when there was a very minor issue. I could not be happier with the end product! My sincere thanks to California Closets for making this such a painless process.

amit from Brampton
amit from Brampton
3 reviews Angus, ON

closets

we contacted California closets after reading reviews on homestars, our design consultant was Derek, Now yesterday it is all completed, and within few weeks our home got transformed due to california closets, Derek is very professional and very good designer, Thanks Derek.

N. Ouellette in Toronto
N. Ouellette in Toronto

custom made closets

California closets staff is friendly and very professional. I go free consultation design for the space i needed. I am very pleased with the craftmanship and quality of the work and design. Very functional.

More about California Closets

The perfect use of space can literally change your life. At California Closets we create spatial design solutions for every room of your home. Visit us online or call 416-342-1717 for your complimentary in-home design consultation. Custom home storage - bedroom, utility & pantry shelving, garage, media units & home ...