Brooklyn Furniture

Helga Pataki
Helga Pataki
1 review , ON

Purchase

I was very happy to work with this company. Excellent service.
We have purchased a furniture for a bedroom for our kids. We've got beds and a bookcase.
Huge variety of brands. Completely satisfied with the service.

April2525 in North York
April2525 in North York

Chikdren’s Bedroom Furniture

Purchased our granddaughter’s wardrobe with drawers and shelves. She really loved the piece since it had a sliding mirror door, jewelry drawer and built in touch tri-light. Thanks for great service and best prices for past 40 years, Brooklyn Furniture.
Gail A.

Hi Gail,
Thanks for your loyalty. We are glad to see the next generation enjoying good quality furniture.

FURNITURE DELIVERY

The men who delivered our furniture were quick clean and charming. We love our sofa! Peter at Brooklyn Furniture was extremely courteous and organised for delivery in a very timely fashion.

Hi, Thank you for your order and review. Enjoy your sofa. Please stay in touch.

1 review Ottawa, ON

Great furniture; positive experience

Based in Ottawa, my full bedroom set order with Brooklyn Furniture was done over the phone - and I am very pleased with the result. Peter was responsive and helpful in sourcing my bedroom set. He even had it shipped to Ottawa at an exceptionally competitive rate (under $180). With frank discussion of timelines, hard to beat prices, and their responsiveness, Brooklyn Furniture is a must stop in your search for beautiful furniture.

Hi,
So glad we were able to help you find the bedroom set that was right for you. If you are in Toronto please come in to say hello.

Nancy in Toronto
Nancy in Toronto

Paula DeeNan utility cabinet

I recently bought a Paula Deen bedroom suite on sale from Sears and was so delighted with it that I decided to order the utility cabinet to add to the set. Sears could no longer fulfill my order so, I went online, found the item at Brooklyn Furniture, and requested a quote. I heard back quickly and received a price that was even better than the Sears’ sale price, & included Delivery! Peter is very responsive, friendly and efficient. The gentlemen who delivered the cabinet were very friendly and careful. They removed the packaging in the truck to enable us to inspect the piece once it was inside, put blankets down to protect our floors and cheerfully carried the heavy cabinet up a flight of stairs and set it in place. I’m very pleased with my purchase and how the owner and his team treated me. I look forward to shopping with Brooklyn Furniture in the future.

Hi Nancy,
Thank you for your feedback. It is unfortunate that Sears closed. Glad you were able to complete your set.

Hidden Gem for Designers !

I am a Interior Designer and I was on a hunt to find quality furniture without the delay of 4-6 week typical delivery times from larger big name furniture stores. THIS PLACE IS AMAZING! Peter got me a entire dining set (solid wood) manufactured in Canada in under a week. I was taken care of like a VIP and they went over and beyond to make sure I was happy. They sold me on their products and impeccable customer service. I am a repeat customer from this point on.

Just stop by and say Shauna referred you , they will take care of you !

Hi Shauna, Thank you for your kind words. We are so glad you enjoyed your experience at Brooklyn Furniture.

NAOMI in Scarborough
NAOMI in Scarborough

Would purchase again from Brooklyn

After seeing a Trendline sofa chaise at the Bay, I researched online to see if anything similar was available. Calling several local stores, I spoke to Louie at Brooklyn Furniture. He advised me to go to the Trendline warehouse to check out the floor models and sample materials available. After selecting this model and others on the floor, I called him back with the model numbers and fabric samples. The Bay model quoted by Brooklyn was lower than the “half” price sale at the Bay. When I went to Brooklyn Furniture to order the one I decided on, Peter gave me an even slightly better price than that quoted over the phone. The order took a while since it was custom made to what fabric I selected but was delivered on time (free delivery). I even ordered kitchen chairs and counter stools when I was at the store selecting the material from the samples provided and these were delivered in the time advised. Definitely please with our purchases.

Sam M.
Sam M.

Magnussen Bedroom Furniture

I called Brooklyn furniture and a gentleman by the name of Peter answered all my questions on bedroom furniture I had found online. He gave me a quote over the phone which was a fair and great price compared to other quotes I received. No haggle or hassle required. Just quick info and a great price all in less than 15 minutes. I then visited the store and at first was shocked at how old this place is, but don't let that scare you. You can see these guys have been around a long time and having a fancy showroom is not what they are about. It's about great prices and good service. The furniture was delivered in less than 3 weeks as promised and the delivery guys were great. I wish I would have known about this place years ago.

Cassandra in Tracadie
Cassandra in Tracadie
1 review Gloucester County, NB

Poor customer service, mixed information, replacement part

A bit of a long story here with two trips, two phone calls and a few emails for 3 small replacement parts for a Magnussen Executive desk.

I know of three individuals who work at this particular store and only 1 had any experience in customer service and treated me like I wasn't an inconvenience. Sadly I cannot remember the name of the taller older gentleman(Lou maybe?) who treated me quite nicely the first time in the shop. I was just there briefly(maybe 5 minutes or so) for some information regarding 2 replacement legs and 1 handle for a desk from a maker that they carry(Magnussen). You have to go through suppliers such as Brooklyn Furniture as you can't go to Magnussen directly. Great experience this time which quickly ended after my second time in the shop and continued to get worse.

Second time in the store I spoke with a man named Peter about the parts I needed replaced. After explaining what I needed replaced Peter literally said "Whats in it for us?". Not exaggerating his question there and his exact wording and was quite rude about it. I quickly answered payment for the service ofcourse on top of delivery and cost of items. I just needed these three parts. He then left me at the the desk they have near the back left if the store to help another couple in the store. Answered about 3 different calls making me and the couple wait(about 15-20 minutes all together). After he finally came back he did indeed apologize for the wait and said he didn't mean exactly what he said when I repeated his question back to him and how rude it sounded. We then went over a catalogue, found the parts and wrote down the info for a woman named Susan who deals with parts and deliveries who wasn't there at the time and would be in the following Monday. That final part took about 5 minutes and I then left.

Following Monday came and I called Susan just to confirm I could pay for the parts and delivery and what they would charge me for the service. She informed me it would be roughly 25 dollars for FedEx delivery, 17 or 14 dollars for each leg and something around 11 for the handle. No problem I said and she informed me to email her to confirm my name and info for the delivery.

I emailed her a couple days later and roughly 30 minutes after I sent the email I got a call. She spoke to me in a very quick and frustrated tone informing me it would be "too confusing" and would "cost a fortune" for the parts(2 legs and a handle) and because my phone had bad reception at the time I told her I would email her as there must have been some kind of miscommunication.

Her response to my email I sent:

"Hi, You did speak to me and I thought you bought the desk from us. I can't be responsible for parts for a product from another store. This is quite time consuming and we would have to charge $195 for this service and it would be a final sale. Brooklyn Furniture could not be responsible if the parts do not fit. I would have to have something in writing to that effect. Please advise by email only."

Now each time I spoke to them in person I told them I bought the desk from a friend at work. Not sure why she said that that they thought I bought it from them. Also I am not exaggerating the original price she quoted me over the phone vs. the new inflated price of $195. Like I said she went from roughly 65-75 dollars to $195. A large portion of the full price of the actual desk new. 200 dollars for 2 round legs 2 inches high and 5 inches in diameter and a handle the size of my index finger. Also I was assured by the other two gentlemen it shouldn't be an issue to get the replacement parts as we went over them in a catalogue and they receive orders from that company anyways.

My last email from her was the following:

"Just to be clear we are not in the parts business and have never offered this service"

This after two other gentlemen stated it shouldn't be that difficult to get the parts in.

First and most likely last time I have ever put a poor review on a business. I suggest you learn from my mistake.

Giancarlo from Toronto
Giancarlo from Toronto

Handstone Parsone chairs(8) - Apache cream bonded leather and cherry wood legs

Bought these chairs for the kitchen but they are super nice even for the dinning room. Very beautiful, even thought they are bonded leather they look and feel like real leather. Frame is all one peice and very sturdy and the seat is a larger one for bigger guests. Very firm and comfortable. See putures below...

Also very professional service from ordering to delivery by Brooklyn.

I highly recommend Handstone chairs and Brooklyn furniture.

Giancarlo

Thank you for the review and pictures. This is one of the manufacturers we sell a lot.
Staff of Brooklyn Furniture

More about Brooklyn Furniture

Fine quality furniture, brand names at affordable prices. Mid to high end Canadian & American manufacturers. Stanley, Hooker, American Drew, Kincaid, Pulaski, Wesley Allen, Aico, Howard Miller and many more. Custom upholstered sofas, bedrooms, dining rooms, home office, home entertainment, mattresses, nursery & kids rooms, curios, bookshelves, accent pieces, dinettes ...