Brick The

Reviews for Brick The

rjzer in Streetsville
rjzer in Streetsville

Terrible Experience!!!

I would be remise if I didn’t take the time to provide this Google Review (& others) outlining my horrific experience with The Brick. I would never purchase another item from them & I only caution you to go elsewhere!!!!

My 90 year Mom decided it was time for a new fridge so I went to the Brick (as they were located close by) at Dixie & Dundas in Mississauga. We met with Gorav D. an on floor sales person, we had the exact dimensions of the old fridge & knew that we had to stick with exactly the same size fridge in order to fit the space in the kitchen. Gorav search their on line inventory & found one that would fit into the space that we had. We went ahead & ordered the Fridge on October 21/19. The fridge arrived on October 25th & it was discovered that it was a larger fridge & would not fit through the kitchen doorway & it was also damaged on the front panel of the lower freezer door. Given that the old fridge was now removed (& dismantled) they left the new fridge (less the door handles) in the vestibule hallway & plugged it into the closest outlet...we now had a fridge sitting in the hallway to the back of the house. Another fridge was ordered on October 26th however, there was an extra charge of $214.77 for Fridge #2 which was promptly paid. The Brick promised a delivery date of November 14th ...we accepted the delivery date & patiently waited....Nov. 14th came & went & no one notified us of a new delivery so we phoned to get the delivery status...they told us Nov. 24. When we called to confirm the delivery a week or so ahead they told me it would now be Nov. 30th. On Nov. 27th their operations mgr. called me to tell me that the new delivery would be delivered on Dec. 4. When this fridge arrived it was severely damaged whereby the front right corner was crushed & when the fridge was plugged it made a terrible noise. They removed Fridge #1 & left Fridge #2 damaged & running with a loud noise. I paid for the water line hook up for the water dispenser & ice maker.
They promised an exchange on this fridge on Dec 9th,a new delivery of January 16 was given however, they wanted me to pay for a second time the plumber fee to connect the water line...I refused & with much verbal exchange & several calls to different people at the Brick it was agreed that a second plumber charger would not happen. Fridge #3 arrived only to discover this fridge had sustained even more damage & was reloaded back into the delivery truck. When I reported this to their operations mgr she said she is willing to compensate for the damaged fridge by offering some sort of refund....I said no I want a new fridge as I ordered! Fridge #4 was ordered on January 17 & a promised delivery date of January 24 was given...it arrived as scheduled but once again this fridge was damaged, it had a 1’ dent on the left side about half way up the panel. The delivery guys reported it to the office & started to ask if we would accept the fridge as is with some sort of compensation. Given that my 90 year old mom was beside herself on this whole mess she agreed to accept the fridge but with compensation.....this was a joke as they offered $150, after much negotiation & heated discussion with “Sophie” at the Brick we settled on $300 only because they had worn my 90 year mom down to the point that she would accept any fridge at this point! Of course the refund never followed through as Sophie told us it would & after many phone calls to the Brick Operations mgr. we received the refund. The water line was hooked up on January 29, However, when you would open the doors on the fridge it would roll forward rather than the doors opening...they had not leveled the fridge properly, this was now done by me.

So from the time I placed my order for the fridge on October 21/19 it took until January 29/20 to complete this purchase. The entire process was an inconvenience, aggravating, disrespectful, with ZERO Customer Service...we ended up with a damaged fridge & a lousy $300 compensation that would never cover the cost to repair the damage to the side panel not to mention the total inconvenience & aggravation that was experienced! Our family will never purchase another item from The BRICK & of course have spread the word to our extended families & friends! We are shocked they continue to stay in business.
Should anyone want to speak to me about this horrible experience please don’t hesitate to contact me

Shweta in Toronto
Shweta in Toronto

King-size bed frame and mattress

They have the worst after-sales customer service ever! The side railings of the furniture was damaged during delivery and they promised to change it soon. After chasing them for a few days with numerous number or phone calls (since they refuse to answer the calls), they sent a replacement. And guess what, it was damaged too!! Meanwhile, the sales rep refuses to come to the phone after multiple attempts!
The mattress that was sent was wrong too. And we had to make several calls again just to get the confirmation that it was wrong.
They have a zero return policy!! So, you're basically stuck with them!!
Avoid this store at any cost! We have to drive back to this store from Guelph today just to speak to the sales rep as she is too busy to answer our calls!
I hate every bit of my experience with this store.

TLDR: WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE AGAIN. PLEASE AVOID AT ALL COST. And don't buy the good reviews that you read about them on google. They make you write these reviews at the time of purchase by sugar-coating their words. Once the sale is made, they refuse to even acknowledge any issues!

Vinny in Mississauga
Vinny in Mississauga

Fridge

I bought a fridge and ice maker stopped working in the first year. they keep sending me the same guy to fix it and it's now the 4th time the thing is broken. I called the store to ask them for a solution, let alone helping you, the reception with an Indian accent wont even empathize, perfect example for worst customer service store

as in
as in

Warranty not honored

DO NOT BUY anything from this store
Bought a new sectional spring broke in 2 weeks on one side of the sofa tech came in and said yes this needs to be fixed with the foam and the cushion to be replaced - but he also said you will have to chase behind them to fix it as they do not go by the technicians reports if they need to spend !!!
No call back from the Brick - I called after 9 days and was told no nothing wrong with your sofa !!! just like what the Tech had said !
Paid for the warranty too !!!!

Kamya from Brampton
Kamya from Brampton

Delivery of furniture/appliances

We went to The Brick for furniture & appliances for our new home, thinking it was a large company and we could trust the products and delivery. Here are all the things that went wrong:

- the appliances "expert," Manny, sold us a washer & dryer without selling us the appropriate hoses
- Manny told us all the bedroom sets would be assembled by the delivery team, and we paid extra for it. The delivery team later told us we'd have to do it ourselves
- parts of the queen bedroom set were defective on delivery and had to be sent back
- the delivery guys were unprofessional, tracked dirt through the house, and asked my husband and brother-in-law to help them move things in
- the dishwasher rack was broken upon delivery
- Manny wouldn't take our calls after the final payment went through. He asked us to take early delivery so he could participate in a sales contest, and we accommodated him. But he absolutely didn't care what happened once the invoice was paid.
- customer service was also useless until my husband went in, told them they messed up on the laundry pipes and demanded they give us the pipes for free. He also asked for our money back on a microwave we ordered that wasn't yet in stock, and said we do want to buy a microwave, but not from them

Thank goodness we didn't have to move into the new house immediately because if we did, we'd have no laundry, microwave or dishwasher for 4 weeks.

What's worse is we went in Aug. 2014 when I was 37 weeks pregnant, made the purchases, and told Manny I would deliver soon and we didn't want any hassles. Soon after I gave birth is when my husband had to keep dealing with this nonsense from The Brick.

Save yourself the trouble and just go to a mom & pop furniture company. The Brick is terrible at showing even basic consideration for its customers.

RES in Toronto
RES in Toronto
13 reviews Scarborough, ON

Furniture and home theatre purchase for new condo

Visited the Brick in Scarborough (Warden and Eglinton)looking for living room furniture and a home theatre for our new condo. We had a clear idea of what we were looking for and the price range. Didn't experience any pushy sales people; staff were around and available but not "hovering". After browsing for awhile we found what we wanted. When we were ready we approached Bob, one of the nearby sales reps. Bob was exceptional. Very professional and personable. We were able to negotiate a great deal with him for all of our items (including a floor model we bought "as is"), and the classic "I'll need to clear this with the manager first" scenario only took a few minutes with absolutely no haggling. Three separate deliveries were arranged d/t stock availability and all were to be completed within the next four weeks, which worked well for us. Each delivery experience was completely different from the others. One delivery involved numerous phone calls to Bob and the management of the store on delivery day to locate the truck and to confirm whether our items were on it as we didn't hear anything from the driver at all as had been previously arranged. When I got sick of waiting, I called the store for assistance. Bob and his manager were stellar, going above and beyond to help me by contacting the warehouse and the driver themselves before giving me the contact information. When the truck finally did arrive, two guys with serious attitude literally threw our stuff on the living room floor and left it there (they didn't take their boots off, and the home theatre box was dropped and left on it's end) after telling us that they knew we'd "complained". Second delivery went a little more smoothly (different guys and this time they called and showed up slightly later than the stated time window). I then got a callfrom the warehouse a few days later. Our final item had arrived in stock earlier than planned, so an earlier delivery date was offered at our convenience (which we appreciated). The day was arranged, then it came and we heard nothing. Waited for a few hours then was on the verge of calling Bob again for help when the driver called from his cell to say he was in the lobby, could I meet him there? I went downstairs and saw the driver, looking exhausted and flustered, holding our glass entertainment system TV stand box in his hands (no cart, and he was having trouble keeping his grip on the box as it was very heavy, and wet/soggy at one end). Apparently he said was overbooked and was loading/unloading the truck and delivering by himself all day. Although it was now 9:30 p.m., he said he had 6 more deliveries to do. Were it not for his red "Brick" staff sweatshirt, I would not have believed he was from the Brick. We got the box safely up to the condo together. Suffice it to say, the Brick needs to work on bringing some consistency, care, communication and professionalism to its delivery department. Unfortunately (and despite a great sales experience) we won't do or recommend business with the Brick again because of their delivery experience. On another more positive note, the home theatre was not damaged, fortunately, and everything else arrived in good shape..

clara pestana
clara pestana

Dresser & Living room set

I bought a dresser at a reduced cost, which was on display on the Brick's showrrom.
It had a missing handle. I thought I would have to replace all the handles, but was surprised when the sales person said they would provide the handle. Which they did.
I had to order it and then go and pick-it-up, but it was worth it, and they were very pleasant about the entire thing.
It was a great experience.

nicehome
nicehome

sofa set

The customer service at The brick store are very friendly they tried so hard to fulfill my requirements. The only thing that I am a little bit disappointed is because I have to wait two months for my shipment to arrive.

Paul Milton
Paul Milton
1 review Milton, ON

sofa

Price was good as there was a sale on at the time. problem was with the delivery as the original date was delayed and had difficulties coordinating delivery after that.

Lisa in Joshua Creek
Lisa in Joshua Creek

Purchase of major appliances

The Brick really needs to revamp their customer service protocols. I put a 50% deposit down on my purchase and when I requested a specific delivery date, they inputted a delivery date that was 2 weeks before the date I requested. I advised them that my newly constructed home will not be ready by the date they selected but they informed me that this is how their system works and all they had to do was manually observe the inventory stock. In this day and age of computers and technology, I found this to be absurb. I am very disappointed in the Brick and their service.