Brick The

Urvijaa in Toronto
Urvijaa in Toronto

Do not shop here!

DO NOT BUY FROM HERE!

no competition for other furniture giants. Not only is it pricier, but we got a faulty product and in trying to return it, realized how horrible their service is. No ownership for product defects, no clear communication, different employees give different information, so much stress and waste of money, energy and time.

Happy to just have gotten out of this horrible deal one piece! Never going here again. Even their own representative agreed that they give horrible service!!!

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

If the Brick makes a mistake its an AWFUL follow up

The brick overcharged me on chairs and only charged me for a table top. They were not willing to fix it and it took hours to try to get my money back. Bounced around to so many people and all of this was within 24 hours of purchase

Raksha in Toronto
Raksha in Toronto

Very Very Frustrating Experience!!

On Sept 21, I Bought a queen bed and a mattress (Height: 10.75" (27.3 cm)). The bed itself is 21.8 high (Floor-to-Platform Height) so the base/boxspring was not required. As it was past the store’s closing time, I didn’t question the invoice and they were split in multiple sub-items with item code that I wasn’t familiar with. I was very clear with the salesperson that I need that particular bed and a mattress. The salesperson told me that the delivery could be done as early as on Sept 27 but I told him that I’d confirm after booking the elevator with my condo- I confirmed for Oct 02. I did not hear anything back from the delivery team until Oct 01 evening and got back to the salesperson to ask. He then informed that they cannot do the delivery on the confirmed date as my order just got stocked up. They never bothered to inform the customer! Finally got the delivery on Oct 06. They delivered multiple boxes which had to wait until 4 more days to get installed by another team. None of these were communicated earlier. Also, the salesperson confirmed that I was qualified for the projector on the purchase of over $1000; which I never received.
• Additional frustration: They had delivered a base/boxspring (9 in high) that was never required. Plus, when the installer opened boxes he founds 2 parts with some scratches. Out of impatience and the frustration that I was already dealing with, I requested him to go ahead with the assembly as I didn’t want another stress of having to go through return-delivery-assembly-mess in the room. I still tried to see if the bed would be low enough to accommodate the “unintended” box but it’s too high for the box. I called the salesperson to report the same to which he gave me multiple responses: 1. Miscommunication 2. he offered to exchange with box with lower height which I denied 3. He said they cannot return back my money for this and I would have to buy something from the store for the amount- which I agreed 4. That the customer service would get back to me the other day for the confirmation. His answers varied every time I called him.
• Customer service called the next day when their hour was ending and the next day was closed for thanksgiving. She said they cannot take returns now and after I explained her the whole situation again she confirmed that I’d be contacted by the Manager on the next business day. She and the salesperson were not in a position to make the decision (which I understood). I was never contacted by the manager!

***The unintended boxspring is still sitting in the very little remaining space of my condo!! I have been going around in circles with the Brick’s team ever since I bought this piece of furniture from the Brick. The process is so much of a hassle for buying/returning. I’m still waiting to return this big piece away from my space and get my money back!***

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

Worst Experience In Delievery

Delivery people were demanding customers sign an invoice when the delivery people would not fulfill their duties of pick of old product and delivery of new. Delivery people participated in what may be perceived as harassment behaviour for example, demanding to reenter a home to retrieve new product after being told please do not enter the home." Banging on doors and stating, "I'm going to call the cops." Admittedly this is one side of the story, however imagine this happening during a simple delivery.

Eric in Oakville
Eric in Oakville

Very bad customer service

When the Brick makes a mistake, they will not help you or set it right.
Shopping experience was satisfactory but delivery was not. The salesperson, Wesley, forgot to put removal of old appliances on the order. So the delivery team did not take them. The delivery team tried to help but there wasn't room on the truck for the old appliances.
I called the Brick. Wesley says we didn't ask for removal and so there is nothing they can do. No options, no compromise, nothing. I have to remove them myself or pay someone

Karl in Edmonton
Karl in Edmonton
0 reviews Regina, SK

Poor poor customer experience

If I could give a lower rating I would. We heard empty promises for 7 months saying our couches were on their way. Last week we get a call to explain how the couches are here but there are no arm rests or ends. We went to change our order and had to pay a $35 price difference. After 7 months of waiting, they didn't offer to cover the costs, or even a small part, they didn't offer to deliver, they didn't offer any compensation whatsoever for 7 months of empty promises and then had the audacity to charge a trivial $35. Of course, they blamed Covid-19 for everything. Worst customer service experience imagineable.

Aamir in Toronto
Aamir in Toronto
1 review Kettleby, ON

Accent side tables

Ordered accent side tables online back in Nov 2020. Every month I used to send an email to get an update for the arrival date and it was delayed by one month every time I called or emailed. Finally got a call to pick it up last weekend. I got home and was excited to put things together BUT opened the first box, damaged from the top corner, opened the second box two lower drawer are either used or from display items. Called the customer service and sent pics the same day. The options I was given are either 70 dollars in store credit or return after lock down is over. I pick 70 dollars in store credit coz to take them back and exchange it is a bit too much hassle for me but I won't recommend The Brick any more. There services are exposed to covid 19 I believe.

vallari in North Bay
vallari in North Bay
0 reviews North Bay, ON

Worst customer service

It's the worst store to buy your furniture from because if something goes wrong and you are sent a wring product nobody is going to fix it because they do not care to know the problem.

I was delivered a wrong sectional and after continuous complaint I keep getting that same wrong sectional and nobody understands the problem. I got the wrong product sent to me for the fourth time. In my bill the sku id of the product is FL3483SR but the one I ordered is FL3188SR in teal colour which they never bothered to find out and I had to dig this correct sku on the website. It's been a long time waiting for my sectional and somebody should be stepping up for their fault.

John
John

Delivery delayed for 4 months

Purchased on 9th October, was told delivery would be 5th Nov, after 3 delays, now am told that the delivery will be later than end of January, utterly dishonest practices.

Mommy in Scarborough
Mommy in Scarborough

Sofa bed

30Aug20202 the delivery guys just left and even though I understand the challenges with COVID right now. My 78 year old father needed help removing a small couch to the garage. The delivery guy flat out refused. We were wearing required masks and there was no threat to anyone's safety. They also ruined one of my walls bringing the sofa bed down the stairs