We went to The Brick for furniture & appliances for our new home, thinking it was a large company and we could trust the products and delivery. Here are all the things that went wrong:
- the appliances "expert," Manny, sold us a washer & dryer without selling us the appropriate hoses
- Manny told us all the bedroom sets would be assembled by the delivery team, and we paid extra for it. The delivery team later told us we'd have to do it ourselves
- parts of the queen bedroom set were defective on delivery and had to be sent back
- the delivery guys were unprofessional, tracked dirt through the house, and asked my husband and brother-in-law to help them move things in
- the dishwasher rack was broken upon delivery
- Manny wouldn't take our calls after the final payment went through. He asked us to take early delivery so he could participate in a sales contest, and we accommodated him. But he absolutely didn't care what happened once the invoice was paid.
- customer service was also useless until my husband went in, told them they messed up on the laundry pipes and demanded they give us the pipes for free. He also asked for our money back on a microwave we ordered that wasn't yet in stock, and said we do want to buy a microwave, but not from them
Thank goodness we didn't have to move into the new house immediately because if we did, we'd have no laundry, microwave or dishwasher for 4 weeks.
What's worse is we went in Aug. 2014 when I was 37 weeks pregnant, made the purchases, and told Manny I would deliver soon and we didn't want any hassles. Soon after I gave birth is when my husband had to keep dealing with this nonsense from The Brick.
Save yourself the trouble and just go to a mom & pop furniture company. The Brick is terrible at showing even basic consideration for its customers.