Blinds To Go

1293 Kennedy Rd Toronto ON M1P 2L4
HomeStars  >  Shutters & Blinds in Toronto  >  Blinds To Go

Reviews for Blinds To Go

Blinds

Our experience with Blinds To Go was bad beyond description. We recently purchased 7 blinds from them to replace all the old blinds on our main floor. From sales to installation, nothing is satisfying. It’s like the whole thing is run by a 5-year old.

When we first came in, the sales lady barely speaks fluent English. She couldn’t communicate anything clearly and her colleague had to constantly remind her. Her complete lack of product knowledge forced us to overhear other sales talk to get useful information. After they sent someone to took the measurement, we decided to place the order and re-visited the store. This lovely senorita failed to locate our customer profile from a pile of alphabetically ordered folders while we found it for her in 2 seconds! After a long and painful conversation, we finally placed the order only to find out that it was the beginning of a nightmare.

The installer and the measurer was actually the same guy. He simply forgot our first appointment for the installation. After rescheduling, he showed up the next day. But to our disappointment, most of the valences didn’t fit. He had to be the one who took the blame. After 2 consecutive weekends’ revisit, the installer told me that he couldn’t just modify the valances by himself without any surface treatment for the cut. He had to figure out something else. Then the next Sunday, he finally came in with the new and fitted valances, only to tell me that he had to paid for them.

I guess the installer already did his due diligence to make things right. I can’t complain. In fact, after 2 and half weeks from the initial installation day, we can finally put our sofa and bed back and clean the room. I am just “HAPPY”!

roller shade/blind in Toronto
roller shade/blind in Toronto

roller shades/blinds

Had Blinds to Go outfit many of the windows in my house a few years ago. Technician set them up. Within a short time a heavy metal piece fell off the front when I rolled it up. The corner actually hit my head and injured it. Not a big deal but if that had been a head or small child/pet, it could have been a big deal. I called Blinds to Go. They sent out the same technician who fixed it and 2 other installation problems that he did. Now a few years later, the same problem with another blind. I called BTG and they tell me that even if it was technician error, they only allow for one call back and it has to be within the year, even if it is due to technician error. The technician no longer works with them ( surprise!) but they would be happy to help us out if we take the blinds down and bring them in. What a joke. No concern about liability whatsoever. In the end, he did say they could send someone out for a $60 fee. I have no issue with the quality of the blinds but if you have lousy installers, they should at least fix up their errors. Not impressed. Won't go back. Next time, I will be taking my business elsewhere. If you are planning to buy there, check out how they will treat you later if there are problems with your blinds or the installation!

Mark Toljagic in Scarborough
Mark Toljagic in Scarborough

Blinds to Go got it right

I had originally returned a broken window blind to the Scarborough Blinds to Go store looking for a replacement under their Lifetime warranty. However, they informed me that the blind was not one of theirs. I was sure it was, but when I returned home, my wife produced the receipt from another blind company. I returned to place a new order with Blinds to Go because of the way the manager handled my complaint - he was very professional. I got my new blind and the lifetime warranty to go with it. Good work.

Dolf Robijn from East York
Dolf Robijn from East York
2 reviews East York, ON

blinds

Blinds were assembled by a 5 year old. Holes are off center and cause the blades to pop out of alignment when ever you use the blinds. Help was needed to load the blinds into the car but hard time getting them to provide it.

Raymond Chow from Toronto
Raymond Chow from Toronto
2 reviews Old Toronto, ON

window shades

Was looking around for suggestions and quotes on window treatments for a 600 sqft corner condo unit. There were a lot of windows to cover and because I wanted unobtrusive treatments to take advantage of my views, it was suggested to install shades. The shades were a clean, simple look, however it was not efficient at blocking out all the harsh sunlight at sunrise (windows facing east).

Desmond Alvares in North york
Desmond Alvares in North york
1 review North York, ON

Custom Blinds

The study blinds that they provide for the windows have worked well. The one for the patio door that we selected was too flimsy and ended up getting damaged. When we took it back they fixed it and returned it in good order. We have asked that no one touch the blinds as it may mess them up again.

NewfieMom2004 North York
NewfieMom2004 North York
2 reviews North York, ON

Purchased Blinds for our apartment

We were quite satisfied with our purchase of our window blinds we bought for our apartment. They were affordable and great service from start to finish. We would definitely recommend this location for anyone looking to buy blinds for their apartment or home.

Kai in Markham
Kai in Markham
1 review ,

custom blinds

Their lowest price guarantee policy doesn't compete with stores like Costco and their own discounted price that comes after the sales transaction within their 90 day-guarantee period advertised. They have the sole decision to accept what is a comparable product to their own brand.

Adrian in Mississauga
Adrian in Mississauga

Window treatment for living room

My fiancee and I went into Blinds to Go in Scarborough, hoping to get some help with window treatment for her living room. It was pretty busy since it was a weekend and there were no sales associates able to help us. We wandered around looking at blinds and saw many that we liked. However, nobody asked us if we needed help. It was like we weren't even there.

reeree
reeree

Vertcl blinds

Product was defective and the store could not care less. A major argument ensued to get the problem rectified. They made us feel as though they were doing us a favour. This was test purchase as we needed to by a lot more. Clearly someone else got the business. Never would I shop there again.