Bill's Garden Centre - No Longer In Business

Reviews for Bill's Garden Centre - No Longer In Business

Nancy in East york
Nancy in East york

Plant purchase

I purchase 9 hydrangeas and two died. I went back to purchase another and was sold the wrong species. When I took it back to exchange and order 5 more I was accused of trying to return a plant that wasn't theirs. The clerk accused me of fraud! I will never shop ehre again.

Judy in Riverdale
Judy in Riverdale

Plants

Wow has this place gone downhill. No inventory and grumpy miserable rude service. They must be closing down or why else would it be in this condition. Very sad. It used to be the place to shop.

Dee's Household Services, Toronto, ON
Dee's Household Services, Toronto, ON
2 reviews East York, ON

Flowers, vegetables and herbs

This is a great place to go to get a head start on your gardening in the Spring. They stock up on things quite early in the season and the prices are reasonable. They also offer a good variety of gardening tools, pots, seeds and garden features.

LH in York
LH in York
5 reviews York, ON

garden plants and firewood

I've bought plants and firewood from Bill's Garden Centre for several years. They are friendly and helpful and their delivery service is very reliable and reasonably priced. I don't have a driveway so they bring the firewood to the porch by hand and stack it there. So convenient and saves me a world of trouble and backache.

Sarah
Sarah

Yearly plant & supplies purchases

I've been shopping at Bill's for many years and have found the staff to be helpful and friendly. Some times it can be intimidating because I don't know much about gardening, but at Bill's they are extremely helpful and patient answering all my questions. I will typically spend about $100/ season buying some plants, soil, etc... Bill's is a little more expensive than the big stores, but for quality product and customer service it's really worth it.

Bev in Riverdale in Toronto
Bev in Riverdale in Toronto

Purchase of herbs, annuals

I bought several herbs and annuals from Bill's this year. I spent almost $100.00, the annuals are half dead and the herbs were covered in white fly. I'm a seasoned gardener and did everything right, had to throw out most of the herbs due to the infestation. Will never shop thee again.

peter dillon in East york
peter dillon in East york
4 reviews East York, ON

advice for plantinga tree

the staff at Bills was very helpful and knowledgeable. I wanted to plan a interesting tree that was a native species and would benifit birds/wildlife. they helped me decide on a Serviceberry; and it has done amazing.

Sunshine
Sunshine

plants

bought a new house & have a norwalk maple tree in the front & can't grow a thing. great advise on what to consider planting as well as info on perrennials for all sun/shade conditions

Rhonda in the East End
Rhonda in the East End

garden makeover

Bill's has a good selection of plants and knowledgeable staff to help you choose what's appropriate for your garden. I have a challenged garden - no sun - and needed shade plants. The staff at Bill's were very helpful so I could find what would work in my space. The prices aren't the cheapest, but are fairly reasonable. The selection is very good!