Bay Bloor Radio

55 Bloor St W Toronto ON M4W1A5
HomeStars  >  Electronic Retailers in Toronto  >  Bay Bloor Radio

Reviews for Bay Bloor Radio

M.Cutler from Toronto

The amazing staff at Bay Bloor have delivered the highest level of customer service. I bought a new giant screen TV and sound system and the service from installation to after-install adjustments was amazing. This is the place to go to buy your home entertainments systems and to receive first class service.

Peggy Mierau from Scarborough

I purchased this product several years ago from Bay Bloor Radio. The salesperson took the time to show me various products and explain the benefits of each one as well as prices. In all the years that I've had it, it has met all of my expectations and more. My parents also subsequently purchased an identical item and they've been very pleased with it (although not purchased from Bay Bloor Radio). I was treated very respectfully by their staff and would not hesitate to recommend them. An old friend of mine dealt with them for years without any issues.

Garry J in Toronto

Not a great experience at all. Bay Bloor delivered and installed a new smart tv to my home in March 2017, same size to the one i previously had. Got a call from installer (my wife was at home taking delivery) and he told me the screws would not line up with the existing stand. In the end, it was left 'hanging' on the bracket as opposed to being fully secured. Swivel function no longer worked. I ended up using twist ties, but I'm not comfortable with it. Installer did not tell sales guy, who i went in to see a few days later for advice. He had no idea. Heck, by that point I was even willing to spring for a new stand. Really problematic thing was I asked for their pros to come and do in the install, and that i was willing to pay above and beyond the $100.00 delivery fee just to get it done. Follow up email, no response. I'd never go back now, even though I've made purchases of headphones, remotes, plenty of bose products - and more! - throughout the years from Bay Bloor Radio. Really, really disappointing experience, based on the reviews I've read here. Even though the TV is great, I can't recommend Bay Bloor.

ProTech

I had two issues with my Nuvo sound system implementation, which started acting up after 4 years of working flawlessly.

1) An LCD display panel that stopped functioning in one of my zones
2) One of my 5.1 speakers that had begun buzzing intermittently

I had a technician by the name of Frank at my home today to work on these issues, and I was very impressed with his level of expertise. I am a technical person so I have a good grasp of when someone knows what they're doing. Frank had the right tools, the right approach, and everything he did made sense. He methodically and efficiently solved both issues for a very reasonable price.

This is my second time having BayBloor technicians over to help with troubleshooting, and on with occasions, they have been absolutely on point.

Highly recommended.

Sarah from Toronto
1 review Old Toronto, ON

I've lived in Toronto for years and I don't bother going anywhere else but Bay/Bloor Radio for electronics. I have had nothing but great service and no hassle. I had a problem with my Tivoli radio and they gave me a brand new one. We bought a very expensive flat screen TV and after one weekend with it we realized it was too big for our house. No complaints when we returned it. This is why you go to a name store people- they value their reputation.

Leah from Toronto

I went to Bay Bloor Radio to see their Tivoli range of products since this is something I had been looking for quite sometime. The guys there were quite friendly and knowledgeable and helped me make a decision a right item for me.
I see some negative feedbacks for their services, but fortunately I did receive a good service.

Thank you Leah for your comments. Bay Bloor radio does offer a very wide variety of products and categories....TIVOLI is really a magnificent product line...retro style with modern performance...
Hope to see you again soon.
RB

mj in Toronto

unsatisfied customer!Spent over $5300 on a home entertainment centre, which does not work as promised. Puchased the Nad reciever and was told it was capable of have 2 zones so i could hook up the bathroom speakers to it. I could not figure out how so i went to the store to make sure it was possible. I was told again that it can but i was just not using the right menu selections. I read all the manuels and wasted hours of my time and other people time with no sucess. I decided to go back to the store and talk to the sales person who sold it to me. After looking online he told me that it can not do 2 zones and that he had made a mistake. So I asked what my options were. He said i might be able to exchange the reciever with another, but it would have a lower sound performance. I was happy with the performance, and did not want to take an inferior product. The other option was the Sonos system, which |I did purchase. I as if I could get some kind of a deal on the system but h
e said it was not possible, because you make no money on the system and would not take a loss on the purchase. So his mistake cost me over $700! I think that it is unfair and bad business. Your company prides itself on having staff that are very knowledgeable about the products. I made my purchase because of that reputation, and was will to pay a little extra too get it. I feel like Bay Bloor radio has failed me, and cannot recommend them to any friends and family. The sales team made me feel like the comission was the most important part of the job

Hello MJ,
a bit confused as to the degree of your comments. the salesperson did make an error...and offeres to exchange the Receiver with one with the feature at no charge to you....you decided to take a different approach and GAIN huge feature benefits which you had not ever been discussed in the original plan. Please feel free to rethink the decision to not simply exchange the receiver and NOT spend the extra on the SONOS system...feel free to contact me if you choose to make these changes or discuss the system.

Al in Toronto
1 review TORONTO, ON

I am disappointed in Bay Bloor Radio. I purchased a Yamaha receiver & a pair of fancy Totem speakers from them around 7 months ago. Recently there was a problem with woofers and I took them to the store for service. Everything went well and even Totem covered all the charges and fixed my speakers.
But when I brought back the speakers home, I realized that the speaker base which the speakers sits on were taken off and bottom of one of the speakers was damaged.
Now Totem is saying that the speaker must have been dropped and Bay Bloor does not accept any responsibility.
I expected a lot more when spending around 3000$ on a system. From now on I will never purchase anything from Bay Bloor and would go for online shopping with lower prices.

Jeff in Toronto

Funny - I have read a few reviews about 'snotty' service at BBR and I'm guessing it must be the customers. I have been to this store and made 4 separate purchases in the last year and numerous window shopping excursions and have had no such experiences. I dealt with Ron for speakers and a surge protector, and Joshua for the headphones. Both were professional and laid back feeding me info when I needed it and no sales pressure at all. I felt I was always given good advice and never pushed with an attempt to up-sale. I will surely shop at BBR again. BTY - I purchased the Totem Acoustic Sttaf speakers (all Canadian) and Denon AH-D5000 headphones and I am in music heaven!

More about Bay Bloor Radio