Bathtub King Refinishing

Reviews for Bathtub King Refinishing

BeautyByChloeSzcz in Toronto
BeautyByChloeSzcz in Toronto

Bathtub reglazing

I have used Bathtub King twice to reglaze two of my tubs. The first time was approx 15 years ago! Yes! Their job was so good that it lasted that long! They turned our old pink and green tubs into beautiful white tubs that looked like new! They were fast, efficient, and taped and covered everything. They stand behind their product and workmanship and I am so pleased with them. Highly recommend this company!

Sharon and Jack Mills from Hamilton
Sharon and Jack Mills from Hamilton
4 reviews Hamilton, ON

Bathroom Renovation

We had our shower enlarged and completely replaced. The work was done on time and on budget and looks incredible. It ties in with the rest of the bathroom. Dennis gave us great ideas and helped us pick materials. The workmen (tiler, plumber, electrician) came in as needed with no delays so the project was done and the shower usable within about 10 days. The tiling work was exceptional and the tile is beautiful. The lighting and plumbing fixtures were updated and we have custom glass doors. We had a "floating bench" installed with a bullnose edge. We are really enjoying the new shower! We would highly recommend this company. It has far greater scope than bathtub refinishing!

Tom & Judy-anne in Hannon
Tom & Judy-anne in Hannon
1 review Hannon, ON

2 Bathtub conversions & 3 new toilets

Converted our tub in our main bathroom to a stand-up shower as my wife has some disabilities that make it difficult to step over the side of our tub. Saw an ad in the local newspaper for Bathtub King showing exactly what we wanted done. Owner (Dennis) was very professional and gave some excellent advise on what we would need. Didn’t try and push us to expensive options, only what we needed. We also took out a dangerous step-up for the tub in our ensuite so again my wife could take a bath safely. Thirdly we upgraded our 3 toilets since they were the originals from 25 years ago when the house was built. 2 of the toilets had a “toilevator” added to the bottoms to elevate them for her to help with her bad knees. The contractors he sent in to do the tub, plumbing, and marble (in the main shower) were excellent. Showed up on time when they said they would, put down tarps on the floors to keep things clean, and cleaned up everything when they were done. A great experience from start to finish. I’d recommend them to anyone who needs to upgrade or alter their bathrooms.

Susann from Brampton from Brampton
Susann from Brampton from Brampton

Bathtub reglazing

On April 2, 2015 I had Bathtub King come in to my house to re-glaze my tub. At that time I advised them that the tile walls of the tub had been painted and I didn't want to have to redo them. I was advised that they would be careful and it shouldn't be a problem. (To be fair to Bathtub King, there were two little spots that I had to touch up but I definitely did not want to have to redo the all the walls.) When the tub was done there was paper and plastic taped all over my wallpaper, my bathroom wall tiles, my mirror, the toilet and basically everything in the bathroom. I was told it must stay overnight and that I would have to remove it the next day. I told the installer right then that this concerned me since I had used the same type of tape previously and it had taken off the paint when I had being painting and I didn't want to be responsible for any damage caused by the tape or anything else. The installer advised that this was really good tape and their procedure and it that was the way it had to be done and there would be no damage. Arguing with him didn't do any good.

The next morning I very carefully removed the tape and the paper and plastic. Not only did the tape take off the paint on my tile walls in a number of places there was paint missing where there was no tape. There was also tape residue on my wallpaper. I Bathtub King and the installer came back. When I pointed out the problem the first thing that came our of his mouth was "I'm not redoing your walls". He then said he would touch it up and when I returned to the room he had put blotches of his bright white paint all over the off while tiles. Now they looked like polka dots...just terrible. He said the tiles would have to be etched and redone at a cost of somewhere around $1500-$1900. I FELT COMPLETELY RIPPED OFF!!
After he left I looked over the tub again and the bottom of the tub was all rough and bumpy, there was caulking stuck to the bottom of the tub which I was afraid to scrap off. There was also caulking on the toilet and the floor.

I swore I would never have Bathtub King in my house again. I called another company who was recommended by a friend and they will reglaze the tub and the tiles for less than Bathtub King would have fixed the tiles.

I called the Bathtub King office a second time to ask for my money back and they have no managers or supervisors you can talk to there is only the receptionist to speak to. She advised me that I would not get my money back.

I would never use this company again and I would warn anyone who wants their tub re-glazed to call around and get another company or get a reference from a friend. I had used Bathtub King 14 many years ago and they did an excellent job so I felt comfortable calling them again. Either they are under new ownership/management now or their installers are not properly trained to do the job so DON'T USE BATHTUB KING.

Fred Smith from Smithville
Fred Smith from Smithville
2 reviews , ON

shower

We had the bathtub removed and a new tiled shower installed. The
work was done to our satisfaction and then some. They kept the place clean and tidy while the work was being done, and left it that way when they finished. Very good communication between the people doing the job and us. We would recommend them to others. I should add..the cost of the job was high because we selected an expensive shower head ($1700.00)

Karen in Hamilton
Karen in Hamilton
7 reviews HAMILTON, ON

Refitted bathtub

Very professional company. Arrived to install when they said they would. Took the time to go over details . Salesman arrived on time and described exactly what would happen and how long it would take. I felt no pressure to buy. Result was outstanding and I have had no problems with it.

David Gilbert in Toronto
David Gilbert in Toronto
1 review Scarborough, ON

Bathtub refinished

Tub looks good after refinishing and the work is cost effective. However, company are unable to provide any non slip on the bottom without adding material and cost. The tub is very slippery so my wife who showers must use a towel in the tub to make it safe to use. I bathe, so matters less but still requires great care. You cannot use any type of rubber mat as they all work with suction cup feet which will lift the finish and void the warranty. A new tub would be more expensive but you could use a rubber non slip mat. Would not bother doing it again.

Olga in Hamilton
Olga in Hamilton
1 review HAMILTON, ON

Bathroom remodel

We had our tub and shower completely replaced by Bathtub King. I was initially impressed by their knowledge and friendly service; however, as some others have mentioned, things changed quickly after a small problem arose. I was not anticipating any difficulty in settling our problem so was neither upset nor rude when I asked the once helpful people at Bathtub King to fix something that they broke during the reno. I was surprised to find that they turned very angry and resentful, and although they have agreed to pay for the repair that is now needed I was made to feel I was being inappropriate and should be ashamed for asking them to stand by their work. I would not recommend Bathtub King to anyone after this experience and warn others that should any issues arise, do not expect them to remain friendly and professional.

shelley-hamilton
shelley-hamilton
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

bathtub and tile surrounding bathroom reglazed. Toilet installed

We had an old bathroom reglazed instead of tearing out the whole thing. The tub & Tiles surrounding the bathroom were reglazed white and the bathroom looked like new. There are some strict guidelines for maintaining the reglazing, but for a quick short term soloution it was well worth it. They also installed a new toilet and changed our double bath tub faucet to a single one. Took about 3 days for all the work to be completed and a few days after that before we could use the tub again. It's been about 6 months and so far we have had no problems.

dantheman
dantheman
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

bathtub refinished

If you don't want to go to the expense of taking out your old bathtub, and installing a new one, Bathtub is a pretty good option. They are also fast at getting it done.

More about Bathtub King Refinishing

We specialize in refinishing bathtubs - without removing the tub.
Looking for Bathroom Renovation pros in Mississauga?