Basement Systems Vancouver Inc

Linda in Vancouver
Linda in Vancouver
3 reviews Vancouver, BC

A Cautionary Tale

A cautionary tale from a former customer: Over the past 27 years, I have done both small repairs and large renovations to my home. Without a doubt, my experience with BS has been the worst. I would give them a negative-star rating if that were possible.

I contacted BSV about a damp crawlspace several years ago. They installed a dehumidifier. Being advised that I now had a usable crawlspace, I moved many items for storage downstairs, from boxes of files to family treasures.

However, the dampness increased. I called them on many occasions with my concerns, but their response was to send someone over to change the filter (and charge me for it). One employee’s advice was to put tins of coffee grounds downstairs to get rid of the odour. Finally, in frustration, I insisted that the owner and manager come by to inspect the crawlspace. Lo and behold, the dehumidifier sounded like it was working, but was not functioning at all. Everything – every single thing – stored in the crawlspace was ruined. Although I had been questioning the efficiency of the dehumidifier for two years, my concerns were dismissed. The boxes of files had to be thrown out and, although many items were stored in plastic storage bins, the smell had permeated the containers to such an extent that the contents were not salvageable. I spent countless hours sorting through the bins and eventually hired someone to haul them to the dump. BSV had my dehumidifier repaired and returned it to the crawlspace. It broke down several weeks later.

BSV’s best advice was to have the interior of the crawlspace coated with their plastic liner system. In case you missed the nuance, they are selling "a system”, not expertise on solving drainage issues. They are not plumbers, nor are they drainage experts. They are in the business of selling an outrageously expensive plastic liner to seal off your basement instead of resolving your drainage issues. A neighbour who had the liner system installed a few years ago advised me that the system alarm didn’t work; when his crawlspace flooded, he was not aware it had happened.

In the end, I hired a very knowledgeable drainage expert to repair my drain tiles for about 1/10th of the price BSV charges for their system. The problem is completely solved. In the end, I lost thousands of dollars of stored personal belongings, some of them irreplaceable. In short, do NOT take advice from salespeople; hire a drainage expert.

Michael Lau from Richmond
Michael Lau from Richmond
3 reviews Richmond, BC

Sealing off crawl space

A moldy smell permeated from the crawl space to the interior of my house. Basement systems sealed off the entire crawl space, installed a drain and dehumidifier. The service was excellent and courteous, it's been Aug to Feb 2016 in rainy Richmond BC and everything held up superbly. Would highly recommend this company.

Dee from Vancouver
Dee from Vancouver
4 reviews Vancouver, BC

Internal drainage system

After being ripped off by two drain tile companies, we found basement systems. The two men who showed up were punctual and very professional. It took one day extra for them to complete their work, but they were very thorough and careful. We no longer have basement drainage issues...and are very happy with basement systems.

samantha from Surrey
samantha from Surrey
2 reviews Surrey, BC

basement pump system

Needed reassurance following water damage in my basement that it would not be a recurring problem, so I installed a basement system from basement systems Vancouver. There was about a month before they could install but the installation itself was pretty quick within a couple of days. So far the basement is dry but I'm not sure if it's because of the system or just not having the same water issues as before. Overall an easy business dealing although costly. Coverage is transferable in case of home sale which is good.

Michael in Delta
Michael in Delta
27 reviews Delta, BC

Crawlspace Odour Permeating House

We had an issue with odours from the crawlspace beneath our house permeating the living space. Several companies proposed different solutions but BSV's was the only one that made sense. They installed a dehumidification system which, by means of dehumidifier, fan, and ducting, circulates and dries the air in the crawlspace, thus keeping the concrete flooring and house foundation (the source of the odours) dry. The dehumidifier self drains into a hole in the floor, and the unit is on a daily on/off timer.

BSV went above and beyond the call of duty, returning a couple of times to 'tweak' the system until all odours ceased. They also, after we asked whether the unit, already quite quiet, could be made quieter still, put in sound baffling.

Problem solved, and we couldn't be happier.

More about Basement Systems Vancouver Inc

At Basement Systems Vancouver we specialize in permanently repairing basement and crawlspace moisture issues. With access to over 27 patented systems, we have a guaranteed solution for every problem.