Baker Street Home Inspection Services Inc

Bonnie in King city
Bonnie in King city
1 review KING CITY, ON

pre purchase home inspection

Before I even put in an offer to purchase a home Baker Street provided some excellent advice for free on the phone. Once I had a conditional offer to purchase Baker Street carried out a careful detailed home inspection that helped tremendously to identify problem areas so that I could confidently decide whether to proceed with the purchase. Once the conditions of sale were removed by me, with Baker Street's detailed but realistic report I was able to then set priorities
Since I moved in Baker Street has continued to provide advice at no additional cost as I work through the settling in process that always requires some work whether it is a new or older home..
I have tried other home inspection services before and their reports were not worth the paper they were written on. You cannot go wrong with Baker Street's inspection service's, report and follow-up. Worth every cent of their fee.

Michael in Toronto
Michael in Toronto
1 review TORONTO, ON

Home Inspection

Baker Street equals quality. The best company out there, in my opinion. I have personally used Baker Street for two of my own home purchases and one pre-sale inspection when I was prepping my house to put it on the market. I also know of many people who have used the company, as they are highly refered by people who want the straight goods on a house. I've mainly worked with Jeff. He's incredibly professional, reliable in his advice, and treats you as if you're a family member of his own who is buying the house. In short, he is a professional who cares about his clients and does an amazing job.

Aimee in River Heights
Aimee in River Heights

Pre-purchase Home Inspection

Baker's inspection said our house only needed new electrical. Since our purchase one year ago, we've had to replace entire roof, our deck collapsed; we require major structural work; our chimney needs to be replaced. Baker missed all of these things even though each tradesperson said they would be impossible to miss if you knew anything about houses. Baker has cost us tens of thousands of dollars. I would have been better off without them. DO NOT rely on their "professional" opinions.

We have been in been in business since 1985 and have over 35,000 satisfied clients. Oversights and differing opinions can happen. We are proud of our extended service policy which includes free site visits and also protects our clients from erroneous second opinions. All we ask is that you give us a call. Aimee, you never called us. Also, an extensive review of our records indicates your inspection was conducted when the roof and deck was snow covered.

Gina P in Toronto
Gina P in Toronto

Home Inspection

We've been using Baker Street for years. He's inspected at least 3 of my homes, and my business.

They provide a thorough review of homes, and the accurate recommendations make it easier to address the areas of concern.

thanks

Shona in The Junction
Shona in The Junction

Home Inspection

My husband and I used the Baker Street Home Inspection Services for our first home purchase and really enjoyed the time we spent with Jeff. He was very patient and answered all of our questions. He spend time on each problem area of our home and made suggestions on how to deal with each area.

We spent two hours going over the house, which is only 1500 square feet, and then another hour in a coffee shop while Jeff wrote up the report. We learned a lot about our home and have a good idea of what might go wrong in the next couple of years. We also have a list of what we need to fix right away, and I am certain I will reference the Home Inspection binder whenever we do any work on the house.

What I really appreciated about Jeff was that he had some excellent suggestions on how to reorganize the kitchen cabinetry to make the kitchen more functional, and he suggested we get the ducts cleaned and the main drain line scoped as the house had been in renovations for a year.

MT from Yorkville
MT from Yorkville

Home Inspection

We used Bakerstreet to help us identify the source of 2 leaks in our recently re-done roof. Prior to contacting contractors to fix the problem we wanted a little detective work done first so we knew what direction we should go in for the repair. Ed showed up on the same day we called and spent a lot of time with us working through all the possible causes behind our problem and offered his suggestions about the things we should do to move ahead. While he was there he looked at a few other little things for us and again offered some tips to avoid future problems. I would highly recommend Bakerstreet, whether you're doing an inspection when buying a house, or if like us, you have a problem that needs someone with expertise to diagnose.

More about Baker Street Home Inspection Services Inc

Pre-purchase Home Inspections, Problem Solving, New Homes During & after construction.
Looking for Home Inspection pros in Toronto?